ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wor, wish you'd asked sooner. I've just sold one of these gals for £25.00 ! To be honest the figure wasn't great. It was short in height and the neck was very thin. The hands were very tiny too. I bought this to use for my Rip but decided against it. I would look at getting one of the triad bodies when they become available?
If we could get replacement hands for this figure I'd use mine for Leia.

Just got my Hudson!!! Firstmarine for me, LOVE him!!!!

Must get Vasquez and Hicks!!!

Heres some quick pix, nothing you haven't seen before.
SANY0068.jpg

SANY0071.jpg

SANY0070.jpg

SANY0072.jpg

SANY0069.jpg

Figuremaster Les said:
Great pics King!
Your camera RULES!
Nice figures too! :D

Welcome in the Marines bro! They cool ain't they? :chew

They is cool, they is!!

Last edited:
Got my Drake yesterday. Broke my Drake yesterday. :monkey2 I snapped off the post from one of the hands when I was trying to reposition it. Sucks, but I ordered a HT Truetype New Generation Life body for replacement parts. This will also give me feet to use for Hudson when he shows up, as I have heard that his boot feet look too small once all the armor is on. I haven't decided if I am going to use HT jungle boots for him or order some Newline Miniatures Jungle boots. I know the Newline ones are not accurate, but they look so good.

Unfortunately no pics yet. I threw the DVD in to try to make him screen accurate. I noticed that Drake doesn't wear a belt w/pouches or a sidearm. He also doesn't have the string tied around his arm. The only other change I have made is that I wrote "This End Up" on his hat. I'm probably going to change the graffiti on his smartgun too.

I'll post pics when I get the replacement parts. Now I can't wait for Hudson and my Chopper Predator to arrive.

:horror
Man! Sorry to hear that!

If you need to, dip his boots in hot water (I suggest microwaving some in a coffee cup), and use needlenosed pliers to pull the feet out. They come out ok.
Hope you get all that resolved!

Reinhardt said:
screamingmetal, those pics of Vasquez are off the hook!!!!!!!! :monkey5

Her pose is PERFECT! and you did an awesome job of hiding her elbow joint. can you take a closeup pic of her left elbow? What is that around it?

good stuff. :D
Mudshark said:
That is a nice pose for Vaz! (Isn't that an arm band that's slipped down around her elbow?) With all her gear on the lack of flesh on her arms isn't quite so noticeable. Maybe somebody will think of a way to add a little meat to her arms without making her look like "Brundlefly"!:D
Thanks guys. Those armbands come with the figure. They're little strips of 1:6 belt material that are pre-tied into knots and loops. They're supposed to be a little higher up her arms but I decided to use them to hide those elbow joints.
I've looked at a few pics of Vasquz online, and couldn't understand why they don't place her into her classic pose. The stand is definitely needed because the Smartgun doesn't weigh enough to counter balance the body naturally as it did in real life.
Also it's not extremely evident from those pics, but I replaced her hard plastic boots with a pair of modern Dragon cloth boots. You get better poses out of the ankles with them. They're not 100% accurate but they overall look much better. I think the boots that Hot Toys gave her are a little under scaled, odd because the Male boots are a little over scaled.
Her arms are still too slight in build, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

I for one am grateful for those armbands, even though I put them over the elbows also. That's what saves it for me. I can live without movie accuracy to hide those joints! If...one day....a fit female body emerges....with good elbows!
One can hope.

And yeah, her boots are a bit small.
Barbie Aliens Marines boots.

DBoz said:
Got my Drake yesterday. Broke my Drake yesterday. :monkey2 I snapped off the post from one of the hands when I was trying to reposition it. Sucks, but I ordered a HT Truetype New Generation Life body for replacement parts. This will also give me feet to use for Hudson when he shows up, as I have heard that his boot feet look too small once all the armor is on. I haven't decided if I am going to use HT jungle boots for him or order some Newline Miniatures Jungle boots. I know the Newline ones are not accurate, but they look so good.

Unfortunately no pics yet. I threw the DVD in to try to make him screen accurate. I noticed that Drake doesn't wear a belt w/pouches or a sidearm. He also doesn't have the string tied around his arm. The only other change I have made is that I wrote "This End Up" on his hat. I'm probably going to change the graffiti on his smartgun too.

I'll post pics when I get the replacement parts. Now I can't wait for Hudson and my Chopper Predator to arrive.
The feet aren't very difficult to remove if you loosen up the laces and soften them up considerably in hot water as Les suggested. Very different story with Vasquez though, her feet were a real pain in the ass to remove since she doesn't have two splits separating the tongue like the male boots, my hands were still hurting a day afterwards.

I think the boots on the HT Marines are correct scale perhaps a bit too large, but the shin guards are too thick and don't secure tightly enough to the legs. The Newline boots should be about the right size, Dragon boots typically are a bit smaller then Hot Toys' boots so I'd avoid them.

As to Vaz's arms, I wonder if something like Sculpy could be used to build up her forearms and biceps, then let dry and paint. Not to make her look like Popeye or anything but a slight build up with some muscle tone.

I know there's articulation issues, but if you worked around those joints -- maybe cut the Sculpy where needed -- it might work.

Any available customizer's comments would help.

I wouldn't. Sculpey has a tendency to crack and break. I still think those Dragon rubber arm sleeves would work just trim them off at the hands and slide them on. You can cut as much off the forearms as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back