ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a w.i.p and the picture doesn't do the likeness justice , but this is what I have so far .
Hudson004.jpg

that's an AMAZING repaint, but yeah, it doesn't look like Hudson! How is the sculpt? Can you post closeup pics of his head?

thundergod said:
Just a w.i.p and the picture doesn't do the likeness justice , but this is what I have so far .
Hudson004.jpg

Is that Lonnie's Hudson head or just the standard Stoner head painted up to look like Hudson?

It's the Frontline headsculpt . I need to finish the eyes which is why the likeness doesn't quite come through at the moment, but take it from me, it's by far the best option for Hudson available . I'll take some close-up pics when it's finished but here are some other pics to be going on with .( I'm not much of a photographer so I apologise in advance!)
Hudson014.jpg

Hudson015.jpg

dekadentdave said:
So glad I got the FML Chronos head repaint. That looks nothing like Hudson.

I already had the Poppo head, I now have the Chronos [thanks Les!] and I will have the lonnie sculpt. Hey a whole Hudson platoon!!!

That's great for interchangeable heads for different Hudson expressions. The thing about Hudson is he's very animated and always has some kind of expression be it smiling, fear, or gritting his teeth with blood and guts. In some way or another, Hudson is always grinning. The Frontline sculpt is too static for me and the cheekbones are off.

that is a very sweet repaint. god, why was i cursed with these talentless monkey hands. all i can do with them is drain the lizard, mash potatoes, and the robot dance. i'm sick of these clumps of useless meat!

i'm still dying to see what darren comes out with. i don't think my ripley will arrive in time to get a remastered les repaint. so i'm really anxious to see what the other master can do. i'm waiting with bated breath and a stash of cash uder my mattress. but i can wait, i know how busy the poor dude is.

new job's giving me less time to hang around here...

just dropping by to say hello :D

dekadentdave is right about the "static" expression , we are used to Hudson being more "animated " , but I have both the Cronos head and this one and believe me , the Frontline sculpt is a FAR better likeness. Les' paint job is the thing that makes it "Hudson like" and I can't stress that is the combination of my poor photos and incomplete paintjob that fails to capture the quality of the sculpt . In hand ,there is no mistaking the resemblance . I'd love to see what Les could ( would) do with this sculpt ! I'm getting quite defensive about this now ! Come on , there must be someone out there to back me up on the likeness issue !:D

I think it looks like Hudson!! I mean, it's not animated enough for most of the "Game Over" moments in the movie or any of the scenes where he is aciting like a jackass... but it does look like Bill.

I would love to get ahold of one just to see what kind of likeness can be brought out of it with good paint. I'll probably get one to go with my soon coming Chronos head and just see which one I like better in the end. Either way, we... the fans.... win. :duff

thundergod said:
dekadentdave is right about the "static" expression , we are used to Hudson being more "animated " , but I have both the Cronos head and this one and believe me , the Frontline sculpt is a FAR better likeness. Les' paint job is the thing that makes it "Hudson like" and I can't stress that is the combination of my poor photos and incomplete paintjob that fails to capture the quality of the sculpt . In hand ,there is no mistaking the resemblance . I'd love to see what Les could ( would) do with this sculpt ! I'm getting quite defensive about this now ! Come on , there must be someone out there to back me up on the likeness issue !:D

I commend your efforts painting it but I just don't see Bill Paxton's likeness in that sculpt. Looks more like Bruce Willis circa Die Hard. The Chronos' sculpt has that trademarked Paxton expression brought out by Les' immaculate paint. Not trying to rub it in, it's just my opinion. I'll stand by the Chronos sculpt and I am very thankful to Les that I have one. I couldn't be more satisfied with it. But hey, if you see Hudson then that's all that matters.

thundergod said:

I'll back you up buddy. I think it does look like Hudson and it would even more had it been painted by our figuremaster! I know now which I'll order once I've bought Hudson. I never was a big fan of the Chronos' sculpt and like you said what made it cool was Les' painting.

Don't get me wrong , Figuremaster Les' work is superlative and genuinely inspirational . BUT I defy anyone to paint the Cronos headsculpt to his standard . The Frontline sculpt is a great Bill Paxton likeness and I feel a bit responsible that people are judging it on my humble photos! With all respect to Les , he is a genuine artist and if people pay him to paint their headsculpts to his exceptional standards then well done , you own a great figure . BUT , if you are a regular Joe , who pays £60 quid for a figure and then another £8 ( $10 +$6 p+p )for a replacement head, the Frontline sculpt is the one I would recommend . In case you think I'm a Frontline plant though , I don't think the Ripley sculpt is as good as the original H.T one . It's all in the paint , as I'm sure Les would agree .
(I've just re-read my post and realised it could be construed as argumentative . I genuinely don't intend it to be . It's late ,I've just watched HOSTEL and I've drank a substantial amount of Bacardi .)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back