ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MaulFan said:
Canon Powershot Pro 1 with Speedlite 420EX shoe mount flash, but I converted the pictures to black and white and then added the blue effect to them, didn't straight shoot that way.
Well i know thats not how they come out but i can tell you have a good camera!!
But Man kick A$$ pics!!!!

Ya, I love photography, it's probably my absolute favorite thing to do in the world, so having good equipment and software to give me more room to create is important. I have to say, I was a little turned away from Alien figures by McFarlane, who makes great figures, but their 12" Alien figure was more a statue because the body design looked off in any pose but the one it was molded in and I had their ALIENS warrior and that was a little dissappointing because apparently it was a kit bash so some pieces didn't match with the body design on others, and with a creature this intricate, you can't fake your way through matching up pices. However, the HT warrior is just fantastically done, the sculpt, the rubber, the articulation, it's great and I can't wait for the ALIENS warrior version now, not that I could really before. My only issue with the figure is the inner comes out a little more downward angled than it ought to but that's to accommodate the figure and mechanics, which are beautiful so it's an easily overlooked detail. I never knew that the AVP Alien feet were more animal like and not so humanoid as the previous suits.

MaulFan said:
Ya, I love photography, it's probably my absolute favorite thing to do in the world, so having good equipment and software to give me more room to create is important. I have to say, I was a little turned away from Alien figures by McFarlane, who makes great figures, but their 12" Alien figure was more a statue because the body design looked off in any pose but the one it was molded in and I had their ALIENS warrior and that was a little dissappointing because apparently it was a kit bash so some pieces didn't match with the body design on others, and with a creature this intricate, you can't fake your way through matching up pices. However, the HT warrior is just fantastically done, the sculpt, the rubber, the articulation, it's great and I can't wait for the ALIENS warrior version now, not that I could really before. My only issue with the figure is the inner comes out a little more downward angled than it ought to but that's to accommodate the figure and mechanics, which are beautiful so it's an easily overlooked detail. I never knew that the AVP Alien feet were more animal like and not so humanoid as the previous suits.

Well keep it up!!! i have the same issue about the inner coming out a little more downward angled than it thought but its no biggi!

AlienWarrior1.jpg

I can't wait for this one, for me, this is the best looking suit in all of the films, so I'll be really happy once I have him :)

MaulFan said:
AlienWarrior1.jpg

I can't wait for this one, for me, this is the best looking suit in all of the films, so I'll be really happy once I have him :)
Yes!!! Thats My Fave!! to!!! And its the best Movie to!!! So Im exited to get this one!!! But I really Want a Queen!!!!

Between this and my Endo army, this is turning out to be my most expensive year ever. I'm gonna need a bigger place.

dekadentdave said:
Between this and my Endo army, this is turning out to be my most expensive year ever. I'm gonna need a bigger place.

Just think if they announce a Queen Alien at SDCC ;)

Fantastic pics Maul Fan... took a looooong time to load but well worth the wait!
That Aliens warrior is a dream come true. I want at least a dozen of 'em but don't know how I'd be able to afford it. :monkey4 Anyway, looks like it's gonna be 'pork and muthas' for every meal from now on, no thanks to Hot Toys!!! :monkey2

Thosr are the BEST pix of the AVP Alien I have seen!!!!

Fukkin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, Dekadave!!! LOVE your new avatar. That's my absolute favorite scene out of all the Indy movies!!! Priceless!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

"We are going to DIE!"

Thanks for the compliments guys, I think the trick to getting good photos of figures, not just shots of cool poses, but good photos (lighting, pose, etc.) is to approach each one based on the subject matter, I shoot Star Wars like Star Wars, I shoot LOTR for LOTR, with this thing, I was trying to mimic classic alien imagery that's stuck with me over the years. If I weren't worried about damaging the rubber, I'd do the mouth close up shot that's in about every Alien film with the drool dripping everywhere as the outter jaw opens and the inner jaw starts to creep out just before it lunges out for the strike, that's a great shot every time.

Well, after MaulFan's great photography, here's a crappy pic of my Ripley that I just got today. I wasn't planning on getting this figure, as I was getting the Power Loader w/Ripley, but I saw that a board member here was selling their's at a great price, so I couldn't resist. I am pretty impressed overall. The pictures I've seen of the sculpt don't do it justice. You really need to see it in person. Sure, the paint app is off, but you can still see Sigourney Weaver in it. Anyway, all I did was to add a longer sling to the weapons and made a grenade bandoleer. That was a pain in the ass, and it looks pretty bad up close, but from normal viewing distances it looks pretty decent.

IMG_1078.jpg

Dboz you got a nice cam in the 20D, but it doesnt look like an SLR pic. What kind of lens are you using?

long shot, but i'll ask... who has an extra of one of those grey/green straps that hudson has on his helmet? i'd like to have one... if you have a strap with similar color and the same width, i'll take it too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back