ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wor-Gar said:
TA-DA! 3,000!

:fireworks

I can't believe the energy of this thread! Its a monster!

Thanks to all for keeping this more than alive... its a steamroller!

And thanks for giving me the honors (and the PM, Dave)!!!!

:)

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

It's all good. We made some adjustments and Wor-Gar has claimed the milestone post he deserves! :rock:rock:rock:rock

dekadentdave said:
It's all good. We made some adjustments and Wor-Gar has claimed the milestone post he deserves! :rock:rock:rock:rock

Thanks for the adjustments, Dave. :) Now that's fellow boardmember support! I hope you didn't delete anything good.

If this thread keeps going like this we may have to ask Darklord Dave for an entire section devoted to HT ALIENS! I mean, "Buffy" has her own section... think about it.

Back to business for just a moment, I still have not received back any word from Lonnie regarding the mystery FL Hudson sculpt that was supposed to be ready last Monday. I hope for word soon, but if anyone also is in contact with him or has his email feel free to contact him about it. Like many of you, my whole repaint plan is hinging on this Hudson.

Wor-Gar said:
Thanks for the adjustments, Dave. :) Now that's fellow boardmember support! I hope you didn't delete anything good.

If this thread keeps going like this we may have to ask Darklord Dave for an entire section devoted to HT ALIENS!
Don't worry, nothing important was removed.

I think that's a very good idea. There is so much information in this thread that it is hard to search through 300+ pages for specific info. Star Wars has it's own dedicated threads and I think Aliens has proven itself to be big enough to be broken down into sub-categories as well. I think that's a very good idea to split them up by license. We should petition the Darklord to make it so.

dekadentdave said:
I think that's a very good idea. There is so much information in this thread that it is hard to search for specific info. Star Wars has it's own dedicated threads and I think Aliens has proven itself to be big enough to be broken down into sub-categories as well. I think that's a very good idea to split them up by license. We should petition the Darklord to make it so.

I mean if Buffy and Lords of the Rings can get their own section, shouldn't ALIENS? Maybe if we also combine it with PREDATOR and maybe TERMINATOR too... the big 80's monsters section. Then, yeah, we can start breaking down this monster thread into sub-threads like "customizing", new item Image Thread, etc.

Petition for: ALIENS/PREDATOR/TERMINATOR section? Anyone?

Join the revolution...

:)

Last edited:
Makes sense... but we already have Predator and Aliens threads... maybe a section for 80s figs and Monsters so we can break them up as you say...

Many members/newbies also troll these threads looking for info. I have received MANY PMs from people I don't know asking for info, it gets tiring and some of them don't even thank me when I spend the time and effort to answer them so those days are over for me...

I'm not to keen on the grid Alien. The blood indeed looks off. I'm happy with my Black and Brown Alines though. Very Happy. And I'm really anticipating the first 'Aliens' Alien in-hand pictures!
I got my HT Ripley today. I'm quite content that I got her, but because of the "Power Loader update", I feel, I could have saved that money. I probably will feel different about this in a year or two, when Ripley is virtually un-gettable, worse than Hicks is now. Will that ever happen?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I'm not to keen on the grid Alien. The blood indeed looks off. I'm happy with my Black and Brown Alines though. Very Happy. And I'm really anticipating the first 'Aliens' Alien in-hand pictures!
I got my HT Ripley today. I'm quite content that I got her, but because of the "Power Loader update", I feel, I could have saved that money. I probably will feel different about this in a year or two, when Ripley is virtually un-gettable, worse than Hicks is now. Will that ever happen?

You're gonna need Rip's harness anyway, even with the PL and that jacket and weapons set are very important for different poses, so I say you're good with both. Plus the PL Rip may have a different sculpt so keep both IMO.

pjam said:
You're gonna need Rip's harness anyway, even with the PL and that jacket and weapons set are very important for different poses, so I say you're good with both. Plus the PL Rip may have a different sculpt so keep both IMO.
Yes, if the PL Ripley would come sith a different sculpt, that would be great! A more determined look would be a blast! The weapons, really look awesome. I read that someone couldn't find the motion tracker in the box, and that was because it had been attached to the Rifle. Mine was sitting in the box, in a space reserved for it... Harness, you mean the black belt and shoulder thingie?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but, (1) I'd be surprised if it wasn't and (2) I'm going to mention it again even if it has.
UNITED STATES COLONIAL MARINES
https://members.aol.com/M56SG/uscm.html
I just received my first order from them [which was sent out late Saturday] and am blown away. I am admittedly no Les, Josh, CustomMikey or Hunky Artist [btw, which Ripley will you be working on Darren?] but I am full into the whole Aliens/Predator groove. The secondary market prices on Hot Toys pieces is in the "OUCH" range to say the least. The M41A is great. It even fits the Hot Toys slot for it in the Marines packaging, so you know its in the same scale. It has to be painted but hell, $8 compared to the $22-$26 I saw them going for? I can build my Marine base unit before they set out to rescue Ripley. Now if I could just find some damn Aliens!!!

Thanks for that link Ironman, very useful for the future maybe. You're right... much cheaper than what the official HT parts are going for (for those of us who can't afford the figures as a whole)

At least now some of us may have a chance down the line of building our own marines... very cool.

btw, which Ripley will you be working on Darren?

I'm actually going to be doing two versions. The first one that I'm working on as a commission now is resculpting the HT head to be closer to sigourney, and staying fairly generic so that it can be used for the most amount of poses throughout the film.

once I have that accurate Sigourney face, I'll then be doing an angry, scowling (maybe shouting) "get away from her you b**ch!" face... y'know.... for the power loader ;)

hunky_artist said:
once I have that accurate Sigourney face, I'll then be doing an angry, scowling (maybe shouting) "get away from her you b**ch!" face... y'know.... for the power loader ;)

Damn I need one! :cool:

hunky_artist said:
Thanks for that link Ironman, very useful for the future maybe. You're right... much cheaper than what the official HT parts are going for (for those of us who can't afford the figures as a whole)

At least now some of us may have a chance down the line of building our own marines... very cool.

I'm actually going to be doing two versions. The first one that I'm working on as a commission now is resculpting the HT head to be closer to sigourney, and staying fairly generic so that it can be used for the most amount of poses throughout the film.

Building my own marines is exactly whats on the menu.

Two Ripley retreads, huh? Might I suggest a third? A bald version for anyone wanting to do a ALIeNS 3 bash as well as then being able to "re-wig" her for a Resurrection version?

abake said:
So who (W-G) is going to do the poll? :D

Should we do a poll? Or do we just need to contact Darklord Dave to see if he feels its a just cause?

We can start a list here if it helps:

PETITION for a new section devoted solely to ALIENS (perhaps adding PREDATOR and TERMINATOR as well -- MONSTERS OF THE 80'S)

1. Wor-Gar
2. Dekadentdave
3. Pjam
4. Abake
5. Ironman1188

Anyone else think this would be helpful so we don't have so much information in simply one thread?

Any and all support is welcome.

Let me know if you all think a POLL is better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back