ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the best Alien figure out there? HotToys 16"? Is it worth the price?

This thread is HUGE!!!!!

The hottoys alien is worth it. It feels and moves awesome.

And it looks cool too.

I've the brown one :)

Can anyone post pics of them? I've search through about 50 pages and only fount some of the Ploader and MF's aliens.

O' they're there. In the low numbers, but anyway:
Snap-Kits:
Picture018.jpg

Pictureshido027.jpg

I'm a little disappointed with the paint on Grid. The images on HT site look better. The blood should be more yellow than green.

dekadentdave said:
I'm a little disappointed with the paint on Grid. The images on HT site look better. The blood should be more yellow than green.
yes, grid turned out quite crappy...

i wonder how many of you leave your alien jaws open... whenever i do that for a long time, the cheeks get stretched too much. scary

-=LoneWolf=- said:
yes, grid turned out quite crappy...

Looks like they just slapped some paint on the regular warrior. The dome doesn't have the cross-hatched etchings from the Pred's netting like in the film. That's disappointing. Even the McFarlane 12" had the netting etched in. Glad I passed on this.

-=LoneWolf=- said:
i wonder how many of you leave your alien jaws open... whenever i do that for a long time, the cheeks get stretched too much. scary

Yeah, I'm afraid of that happening too.
Maybe if I had like 6 of them, I'd leave 1 open.:eek:

dekadentdave said:
Looks like they just slapped some paint on the regular warrior. The dome doesn't have the cross-hatched etchings from the Pred's netting like in the film. That's disappointing. Even the McFarlane 12" had the netting etched in. Glad I passed on this.
actually the dome does have the grid carved on it, but it's quite fine and you won't notice unless you look closer

the finer lines are the etched ones...

img_2639uifA.jpg

FACEBOX said:
The only inaccuracy I can find on these is that the head design (under the clear dome) isn't the same as in the movie.

Not too much of a big deal though.
and i think the head is shaped after Alien 3 (except the back portion which is accurate). in Resurrection and AvP, the dome was steeper in front, sharper at the top, and the chin juts out more. mcfarlane nailed the shape with their Resurrection warrior...

Last edited:
FACEBOX said:
The only inaccuracy I can find on these is that the head design (under the clear dome) isn't the same as in the movie.

Not too much of a big deal though.

I'm not sure, but I think the AvP aliens didn't have the fifth spike in the back.

Reinhardt said:
3000th post!!!!

woohoo!! do i get a prize??
Damn! We were waiting for Wor-Gar to do the honors since he started this thread but oh well.

Alright, we have some post deletions so everybody save the next post for Wor-Gar please! I sent him a PM but he must be away.

Last edited:
TA-DA! 3,000!

:fireworks

I can't believe the energy of this thread! Its a monster!

Thanks to all for keeping this more than alive... its a steamroller!

And thanks for giving me the honors (and the PM, Dave)!!!!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back