Ada Chan Bishop group commission from ALIENS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair seems a tad poofy, but can you post the reference pictures you used?

bishophairreference.jpg

It's been this picture for the hair all along. (All the other ALIENS pics always just happened to be cut off at the forehead). So Ada's earlier version where she had his hair parted flat against his head and not spiked? Oddly, she was only given this picture as ref for the hair. Don't know where that came from.

His hairs not too tall/high now, it's too full and LONG. With the pic as reference I don't see how that happens.

Here's where it gets tricky, because I think she's pretty annoyed at me now over asking for all the changes. :monkey3 :monkey3
If you guys think this is livable, we'll just stop here, or if you guys want me to go back and ask her for more changes, I'll man up and ask her to work on it again. :emperor :monkey2 (laugh). I'm off to work. Later!
-Rick

It's been a day. I need to get back to Ada about final thoughts on the head where I either approve it and finish collecting the money to pay her or ask her for another revision. Are we gonna wanna stop here, or do I dare ask Ada to change it back? :emperor:monkey5:sick
Please weigh in, gang!
-Rick :)

He looks about spot on to me and I really like the expression she's given him. The hair does look a wee bit tall on top, but it's awfully close to the way it sticks up in the photo you posted. I think the angle of the pic probably makes it look taller. It doesn't look quite so prominent from this angle, and when he's painted it probably won't be quite so pronounced.

BishopV32.jpg

If you think she may blow a fuse if you ask her to do any more refinements then I think maybe it would be best not to push it. I'm good with it as is if everyone else is okay with it.

It looks great to me! How about the cost for an unpainted one? Ada had e-mailed me that the first version was $25.00. I'm hoping this new refined one for us is going to be around that price. Let me know. Thanks! :D

Four more people would be ideal, but I bet we could get them once the final pic comes in, so we should start collecting soon and just send it off. Lets give it till this weekend.

An important question for everyone though, besides all the different angled facial reference, I tell her which image I want him to ultimately look like. Are we good with me using this picture to be the one Ada makes him look like expression-wise, or would we rather have another?

bishop6.jpg

Bishops final cost will be $35 a head (made for Dragon body, comes with neck adaptor to fit Sideshow and Hot Toys bodies). Ada can paint him for $10 more. Shipping $6 in the US. Overseas shipping we'll worry about once he's in to see how cheap I can get them off for.
-Rick :)

Okay, I am sorry. I see from your earlier post that an unpainted one sent to me in the U.S.A. would be $41.00...is that correct Rick? I just wanted to be sure. :eek: Thanks. :D

Last edited:
It's hard to say for sure, but I think it's likely that the hair won't be an issue once it is painted.

Let me see if I understand the situation. William Shatners Toupee commissioned Ada to do the sculpt and paid for it out of his own pocket, with the understanding that a number of people here would buy copies of it to offset the cost. But Ada is selling the same sculpt from her web site for $25? I know this has been discussed before, but it's kind of annoying from William Shatners Toupee's perspective to have Ada undercutting him right from the beginning. Anyway, I'm certainly willing to help WST out here, although I might possibly want 2 heads, and I don' think I can swing $35+ for both of them.

Let me see if I understand the situation. William Shatners Toupee commissioned Ada to do the sculpt and paid for it out of his own pocket, with the understanding that a number of people here would buy copies of it to offset the cost. But Ada is selling the same sculpt from her web site for $25?

I know this has been discussed before, but it's kind of annoying from William Shatners Toupee's perspective to have Ada undercutting him right from the beginning.

Dude, it makes me want to scream. She knows this is a group endeavor, I've ordered six group commissioned heads from her now, and it majorly undercuts me as mass people back out to buy them from her cheaper, and she's sending pics out as soon as her first attempt is finished. It's worse when people don't understand why it's more from me no matter how many times I explain it. I'm making no profit at all. It's just a fun nerd project.

Honestly though, as much as that part sucks, there have ALWAYS been forum bros who UNDERSTAND its only getting done because we ARE doing it together and contribute. Like I said, this is head # SIX. That part makes me feel great, so thanks all of you. I definitely plan to do more and hopefully they will be characters yiou all care about too!

Anyway, I'm certainly willing to help WST out here, although I might possibly want 2 heads, and I don't think I can swing $35+ for both of them.

Good point. We never discussed anyone getting more than one head before, so this never came up, (though I was thinking about getting a second head for a different Frank Black head myself). But as long as you are already contributing and paying part of her commission fee with the first head, there is no reason at all you should have to pay that twice if you want a second head, so, for anyone who's doing this who wants a second Lance head, you can get extra ones with your order for just $15 each if you want. I'm sorry it never occured to me to mention that sooner. :)

Good point. We never discussed anyone getting more than one head before, so this never came up, (though I was thinking about getting a second head for a different Frank Black head myself). But as long as you are already contributing and paying part of her commission fee with the first head, there is no reason at all you should have to pay that twice if you want a second head, so, for anyone who's doing this who wants a second Lance head, you can get extra ones with your order for just $15 each if you want. I'm sorry it never occured to me to mention that sooner. :)

That sounds reasonable. I'll probably get two then.

I gave Ada the approval then. Cool! She'll start making the casts then and getting everything ready. If people can send payments soon, give me any updates to their orders, or if not able to pay, just contact me and I'll cover you till you can.

My other two commissioned heads from her are done so as soon as these are cast and the ones that need painting are, they'll be off (maybe next week?).

Here's hoping! :chew:chew:chew

Hey dude, sorry to be away from the thread so long. I'll be PMing you tomorrow to work out the details for payment of my Bishop head!
Thanks for putting this whole thing together.

WST, Please put me down for one headsculpt. I'm working late the next couple of days and won't be able to pay until Saturday a.m. Pacific Time. If you could pm me with details of how to pay that would be great. I've also sent an email to you.
Thanks!

WST, Please put me down for one headsculpt. I'm working late the next couple of days and won't be able to pay until Saturday a.m. Pacific Time. If you could pm me with details of how to pay that would be great. I've also sent an email to you.
Thanks!

what you doing up at 05:00 man ? :rotfl
I'm off to bed now !. Good night guys.

This head looks great , glad your on board.

You will send the payment to William shatners toupee and he will then pass it on to ada , give him your address and its done. :D:rock

"what you doing up at 05:00 man ?
I'm off to bed now !. Good night guys.

This head looks great , glad your on board."

Haha - that must be 5am UK time. I used to live in England but now live in Seattle. It's 9.15pm here and about to finish work. Heavy workload at the moment.

Thanks for the payment info, appreciate it. :chew

Hicks: You were the first to pay, bro! You're good!
Space Jockey: Info sent via E-mail!
Abake: talk to ya tomorrow!
Thanks for making this happen, guys!
-Rick :chew:chew:chew

"Magnificent..."

Hi Rick,

I believe you've already received $35 from me for one head. I'd like to add another head to the order and pay the postage too, so that means you'll need an additional $21 from me, correct? Please PM or email me to confirm it and I'll get the $$ to you right away. Thanks, bro!

Back