Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Mr Barlow's sculpts have not appeared and it has been months...

But thanks to Moe Productions and Alex Lopez, we may be getting a second chance at finally getting Bud Abbott and Lou Costello in one sixth form!

Check out this new thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91560

And please sign up if you have an interest in getting these produced!

Another update on Abbott and Costello!

It seems that Mr. Barlow is back on track with his A&C sculpts.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92588

That means, both Alex Lopez and Mr. Barlow are both hard at work on Bud and Lou. I think Alex is going for scared expressions on them and Mr Barlow will be going for more neutral looks.

I, for one, will probably be getting both sets.

Now the question is... Who's on first?

I mean who'll be first?

Here is Alex Lopez's Lou Costello it is not the final version. I'm not in love with the expression, I think it may be throwing off the likeness. Anybody have any thoughts?

So far I'm liking the more neutral Mr. Barlow sculpt.

It looks like it will probably work best for what I have planned.

Need to see the final of both before making the decision.

I totally agree, DLS. I'm prefering Barlow's also but I am going to wait until we see the final versions, as are you.

Alex has redone the jawline on Costello. It is much improved and I am begining to see Lou emerge.

As I wait for Mr. Barlow and Alex Lopes to complete their sculpts of Abbott and Costello, I thought I'd share these two Dios by someone on monsterkidclassichorrorforum. Here is a link for more pics:

https://monsterkidclassichorrorforu...llo-Meet-Frankenstein-Animated-Opening?page=2

Cool, I like that first one (wasn't that the opening credit animation or something?).

And even though it's comical that second sculpt of Lou actually captures something about his likeness fairly well --- particularly maybe the brows and mouth.

Sean

I just wanted to post this, a live recording of an orchestra playing the the Suite from Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstien.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdIoDSVE-eA"]YouTube - William Stromberg Conducts Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein - Score by Frank Skinner[/ame]

This really has nothing to do with A&C Meet Frankenstein but... It is the first time Jar Jar worked as a character...[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjrwyYGu2Q"]YouTube - Who's on first?[/ame]

Here are the latest sculpts by Alex Lopez of Bud and Lou...

Lou is looking a bit better than the older sculpt, but Bud's likeness still needs work.

Sean

I have to agree with you, Sean. I think both sculpts could use a bit more work. I suggested to Alex that Bud's head should be thinner and that Lou's mouth should be widened a bit.

Keep in mind that these are still works in progress so they will both be improved from what they are now. Hopefully the fine tuning will bring out the likenesses more. I also hope that by getting one of the great painters on this board to paint these for me they will be able to bring out what is still missing in these two.

As is, the two sculpts are useable and I will be buying no matter what.

I still prefer Barlow's much more, somehow he captured the spirit of the team. There is a little more life to his work. I love Abbott's expression with the annoyed scowl, it's just perfect. The smiling Costello, while not great for the House of Horrors scene, really captures Lou's childlike persona. That being said, I should say that it is unfair to compare Alex and Barlow's work, they have two distinctive styles, both are great artists, both do astounding sculpts. It's more about how the viewer processes what they are seeing.

The problem with waiting for Barlow's sculpts is that you never know when he can find the time to finish this project up. I'd hate to loose out on Alex's work waiting for Barlow. I will be getting both sets just to make sure I end up with something.

I've wanted Abbott and Costello figures forever, and being this close is wonderful.

I ain't missing out on any of these!

I like the Barlow sculpts better as well... they have a bit more "life" to them.

Sean and dls712, You've both been checking in on this thread for quite awhile and I appreciate that very much. I'm glad we are all in agreement, so far; but just keep in mind that Alex's sculpts are not finalized. I'm sure the last few tweaks will improve the final versions.

Yes Alex sculpts not finalized...Now does anyone know of a 1/6 Glenn Strange Sculpt?
Also I will be doing the Jakets and Aprons for my personal figures...Also will post a picture and interest in the A&C thread over at customs forum.

The pants you can find on ebay and shoes...The body will take some customizing for Lou
aga5.jpg

Moe, I definitely have an interest in the jackets, I may tackle the aprons on my own. I'll have to see how yours turn out before making a decision.

When the time comes please keep me informed as to what you are doing to modify Lou's body too make it in the proper proportion. We should all share our ideas and experiences with that so we can fashon the best body we can for Costello.

I bought some excelsior yesterday for Frankie's crate.

Here is a quick shot:

Back