Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Here are some quick shots of the survival hatchet Abbott uses to help open the crate. Again Henry Sr. is standing in for Bud for scale.

You and me both, my friend! Sean, they say patients is a virtue.

I haven't heard anything more about the progress on these two sculpts. I guess all of us who are interested in them will have a bit of a wait. I have been on the lookout for any posts about the heads. I will keep monitoring the threads and will let you know here, at "The Abbott and Costello meet..." thread, as soon as I see any news.

I'm looking forward to the release of these sculpts as well... mine will be used for a Abbott & Costello Meet The Mummy" display.

Very cool, dls!

These sculpts could be used for any A&C film. A&C Meet Frankenstein just happens to be my favorite.

I have been toying with the idea of getting extra heads to re-create the look from their classic TV series. It would be so cool to get a 1/6 chimp dressed as Costello to stand in for Bingo. Sculpts of Mike the Cop, Hillary, Mr Fields and Botchacaloop will never be made. Stinky would be great also... but these will never happen.

I'm just overjoyed Bud and Lou seem to be in the pipeline.

My son just finished The "Dracula's Legend" placard and is working on Frankenstein's. Here is what it will look like. I still have to get it printed up and and shrunk down.

My son finished the Frankenstein Placard and re-did the Dracula Placard. These are the final versions. I will be printing them up and mounting them on some thick cardboard.

I will take some photos shortly and will probably start working on some easels in the future.

They will be made available, just going slow on them for the time being w other things going on

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... Mr Barlow.

So good to hear they will be coming, take your time and make them the quality of your other ventures and they will be perfect.

Great news!

OK...

So here are some shots of the placards with the legends of Dracula and Frankenstein. I still have to get to work on Lou's crowbar.

Well, I've found a product which will enable me to put Dracula's crest on to the coffin and which will let me put shipping instructions on the crate. If all goes well I think I will also be making the sign for McDougal's house of Horrors which hung outside the building. Here is a link to the product:

https://www.grafixarts.com/product/RubOnz_Transfer_Film_

Below is the Crest I will be putting on the coffin.

Well after some experimentation, I finally found something to make the flame for the candle. I used Fimo effect clay which becomes translucent when baked. I used a yellow color and accidently over baked it in the oven and instead of coming out yellow it came out the perfect flame color. The flame really picks up the light when the light source comes from behind or from the side of the flame. It's a really nice effect. Check out the pics below!

I've also almost completed the crowbar Lou uses in the film. It just needs to be sanded a bit more and painted. I will post pics in the next few days.

Seems Sideshow would rather give us a 1/4 scale Brendan Fraiser PF statue from the Mummy than any more classic uni stuff.. interesting.

I just got some samples of the lettering for the crate and the House of Horrors sign. My son did a great job on them and will me making some minor changes before he prints them up as Dry Transfers. He will also be printing up Dracula's Crest for the coffin.

Here is what they look like so far:

Here are the final graphics for the House of Horrors sign and the lettering on the crate. They are not that much different than the ones above but they are the ones I will be using.

New here and I'm glad I found this thread. Love Abbott& Costello meets Frankenstein, think it's one of Lugosi's best!

glad to have you here, Taheny

I don't get much feedback here but I'm getting a lot of looks, which I am grateful for...

I should be getting the rub on transfers from my son in the next week. I am also almost done with the crowbar. I just need to paint it...

I will post pics soon!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of this put together. The movie is great.

Thanks Plastic...

I'm getting close to the point where I won't progress much further until Mr. Barlow produces the sculpts of Bud and Lou and puts them up for sale. My next project will be the easels for the placards. After that... ????

Here are some shots of Lou's crowbar.

I still have not received the dry rub transfers from my son, but I am expecting them early next week. It should be fun to see these graphic elements added to the coffin and the crate.

I will have to buy some more balsa to get started on the House of Horrors sign.

Back