A moment of silence for Star Trek fans...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhh crapola! I would buy quality 1/6 ST figs in a heartbeat. But Playmates... ummmmm no....

It looks like right now the only "action figures" they are producing are the TMNT. So, while that is better than the quality of the Trek toys... I really can't see much hope for anything worth a damn out of this. Also, does anyone think the new movie will be much of a toy seller?

Oh man... DST is doing some good things in the figure line, but no, no, no! Not back to playmates! I'll take galoob over playmates anyday!

ACK!!!!

OK I confess. I have boxes in my garage FULL of every single figure playmates did from TOS thru' TNG DS9 to voyager. Every single bloody figure. All of 'em.:confused:
I also confess to still having every single 12" figure they did. Indeed, half a dozen are still on display (where no one can really see them!!!:eek:)

Yes I will also confess to buying the DST 7" line.

OK here goes (big gulp)

HI, MY NAME IS ALLAN AND I LIKE(D) STAR TREK:eek:

Right can i now say that I was a trekkie but that I got better:rolleyes:

Although I will buy a 12" Gates McFadden if they do one, just to be completist...:D

What the hell is Star Trek? :confused:

Oh knock it off. I love it when people have to laugh at something just because they don't care about it. After all "all the cool kids are doing it" right?

Seriously, I grew up a Trek fan as well as Star Wars. I don't have a great deal...or really ANY interest in figures from the new movie, but I'd have killed for SS to make PF's or 1:6 of the original cast in their Wrath of Khan style uni's.

I am not point fingers at you BM, but I wish people would get over this "HAHAHA at you" attitude.

OK I confess. I have boxes in my garage FULL of every single figure playmates did from TOS thru' TNG DS9 to voyager. Every single bloody figure. All of 'em.:confused:
I also confess to still having every single 12" figure they did. Indeed, half a dozen are still on display (where no one can really see them!!!:eek:)

Yes I will also confess to buying the DST 7" line.

OK here goes (big gulp)

HI, MY NAME IS ALLAN AND I LIKE(D) STAR TREK:eek:

Right can i now say that I was a trekkie but that I got better:rolleyes:

Although I will buy a 12" Gates McFadden if they do one, just to be completist...:D

Dork... :monkey3

C'mon folks, give 'em a chance. Hasbro's Star Wars has improved over the years, so might Playmates' Trek. Plus I actually didn't mind their 12" efforts back in the day.

Plus it still doesn't rule out DST doing 12" from the other series and movies - if they ever reactivate that project.

I'd like to deny it shropt, but..........:eek:

I'm sure my kids will call me much worse when i die and they have to clear out the garage:rotfl

Well, I had to put the halo there. You see, I owned all of those TNG figures when I was a kid. Luckily I sold the whole lot of them to some guy in Germany before the bottom dropped out.

I wonder if the movie is going to be more adult oriented or more of a kiddie show...
Either way, I don't really care about figs of a movie I haven't seen from a franchise that hasn't been terribly exciting in the past decade.

However, it would be nice if one of the more serious companies (SST, HT or Medicom) got the license for 1/6 scale figures.

I got out of collecting all figures that are not 1/6th scale, so no interest here. If thye do 12 inch I may get them for the clothing, and throw the figures on the pile of heads I want to get redone. If they get the 12 inch license that means no one else will.

This news makes him sad...

9287990f-f85e-40d1-90f3-8a56962f4a0d.widec.jpg

So action-figure.com is at UK Toyfair and confirms that there's a larger clothed line for the movie. But he couldn't tell if they were 9" or 12". If it were any other company I'd say they'd have to be 12", but Playmates had an extensive 9" Trek line. Either way I know I'm going to be horribly frustrated with them.

Back