Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedah Kalm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread on this so...

Anyone else in the path of this hurricane? What are you doing to protect your collection? I live in Cape May County NJ, and we have a mandatory complete evacuation starting at 8 am EST.

Re: Hurricane Irene

Here in VA we're supposed to get hit kinda hard. Our beach house that we rent in Rehoboth, DE is another story....hope it's still there when we go in October.

Yeah, this sucks. What are you gonna do though? That's mother nature for ya. I just finished pulling all of my boxes down from the attic, and I'm just going to box up all of my statues/figures for some measure of protection in case the worse happens. We're going to go to a friends house in Scranton. I'm just going to have to pray for the best leaving them all here.

I'm just prepping here in New England. Got enough of canned food (in case of power outages), bottled water, and filled up the car with gasoline. Just need to start putting away my outdoor chairs/table and the grill out on my patio. There is alot of uncertainty with how bad we'll get hit over here. I hope you guys stay safe down there as it moves it's way up the east coast.

Here in VA we're supposed to get hit kinda hard. Our beach house that we rent in Rehoboth, DE is another story....hope it's still there when we go in October.

Where at in Rehoboth? I've been going there for vacation for 30 years. I hope that beach doesn't get destroyed.

Where at in Rehoboth? I've been going there for vacation for 30 years. I hope that beach doesn't get destroyed.

The house we rent is on lake drive. about 7 blocks south of the main street. Denzel Washington owns the house next door...we saw him 2 years ago during the Jazzfest. We love Rehoboth...pretty much camp out at dogfish and drink and walk through town with the dog.

My parents are shopping for an ocean front house...I hope we get one soon but with the hurricanes it makes one hesitant to purchase. 6 more weeks til we are there and I can't wait...Keep telling the dog to get ready for "big car rides" and we'll be at our "beach house" soon and she can drink all the beer she wants when we get to dogfish. :)

The house we rent is on lake drive. about 7 blocks south of the main street. Denzel Washington owns the house next door...we saw him 2 years ago during the Jazzfest. We love Rehoboth...pretty much camp out at dogfish and drink and walk through town with the dog.

My parents are shopping for an ocean front house...I hope we get one soon but with the hurricanes it makes one hesitant to purchase. 6 more weeks til we are there and I can't wait...Keep telling the dog to get ready for "big car rides" and we'll be at our "beach house" soon and she can drink all the beer she wants when we get to dogfish. :)

Nicola Pizza and Royal Treat for the win.

Nicola Pizza and Royal Treat for the win.

We do "Go Fish" first night we are there...cook the next 5 days and do Nicole pizza for our last night! :hi5::hi5: Never been to royal treat...ice cream place?

And needless to say we live at dogfish with an IV hooked up just pumping beer into ourselves. :)

6 more weeks....

And we've started getting the crab/pumpkin bisque from "go fish" on our way home for dinners that next week.

i live in cape may county too, the lines to get gas is redic :( bout to head west

We do "Go Fish" first night we are there...cook the next 5 days and do Nicole pizza for our last night! :hi5::hi5: Never been to royal treat...ice cream place?

And needless to say we live at dogfish with an IV hooked up just pumping beer into ourselves. :)

6 more weeks....

And we've started getting the crab/pumpkin bisque from "go fish" on our way home for dinners that next week.

Royal Treat has the best breakfast in town. I highly recommend it.

i live in cape may county too, the lines to get gas is redic :( bout to head west

Yeah, I just got back home from getting gas at the Rio Grande Wawa. It took about 20 minutes to get to the pump.
We're heading out in the morning.

I hope all my East Coast friends stay safe with this monster storm coming. Living in Houston, I know exactly how you guys are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.

I hope all my East Coast friends stay safe with this monster storm coming. Living in Houston, I know exactly how you guys are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.

I'm 40 miles from the coast. Still expecting 100mph winds.

:horror Wow. Funny thing is, because of global warming, I've been saying that something major was going to hit this far north sometime soon. We're overdue for it.

Do HT float :panic:

If I have flooding when I get back, I'll let you know. Although, the only ones not back in their boxes are the AvP Machiko, and Alien 3 Dog Alien.

:horror Wow. Funny thing is, because of global warming, I've been saying that something major was going to hit this far north sometime soon. We're overdue for it.

There hasn't been a storm like this in 20 years, so what you're saying is that global warming was happening 20 years ago, then stopped, then started again?

It's just nature. Same with the heat in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas. Same with the tornados. It ebbs and flows, and that's all there is to it.

Back