Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hurricane Irene

There hasn't been a storm like this in 20 years, so what you're saying is that global warming was happening 20 years ago, then stopped, then started again?

It's just nature. Same with the heat in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas. Same with the tornados. It ebbs and flows, and that's all there is to it.

No, I was just implying that global warming has a part to play now to encourage this type of thing. As an afterthought, I added that we are also overdue for this sort of weather up here anyway. I'm sorry if the way that you read my post it made you think I meant that global warming comes and goes.

No, I was just implying that global warming has a part to play now to encourage this type of thing. As an afterthought, I added that we are also overdue for this sort of weather up here anyway. I'm sorry if the way that you read my post it made you think I meant that global warming comes and goes.

I didn't think you were saying it comes and goes. I was questioning that if global warming is the cause now, what was the cause 20 years ago?

Not looking forward to spending tomorrow boxing up all my collectibles :mad: but better safe then sorry I guess. :lecture

Best wishes to everyone who'll be dealing with Irene.

Things are gonna start getting sporty here in NC today. Got a friend that has near beach property in OBX...."it's not gonna be good" he said.

good luck to those that are in the path. living in florida i've been thru quite a few myself, some bad, some not so bad............but the most important thing to remember & prepare for is a.............

HURRICANE PARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!..............:woo.......:duff

Thanks for the tip...I'll check it out in Oct when we go. Hopefully it'll still be there. Rehoboth really doesn't need any more beach erosion.

They've done a great job fixing up that town, it would be a shame for it to be destroyed.

Unfortunately, Royal Treat closes up shop for the season near the end of September.

stay safe freaks....

that goes for the post-hurricane party events too. :monkey3

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOEOJ1BARk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOEOJ1BARk[/ame]

Here in VA we're supposed to get hit kinda hard. Our beach house that we rent in Rehoboth, DE is another story....hope it's still there when we go in October.

Things are gonna start getting sporty here in NC today. Got a friend that has near beach property in OBX...."it's not gonna be good" he said.

I'm in the same vicinity as VASith in Virginia, but unlike VASith, Irene is screwing with my vacation plans. My family and three other families rented a beachhouse at the Outer Banks and were set to check in this Sunday to next Sunday, but it doesn't look good (that's an understatement). As bumblebee warned me in the East Coast Earthquake, most of OBX has been given a mandatory evacuation and a state of emergency has been declared.

We booked the trip in January and I was REALLY looking forward to the trip to be able to relax for a week and recharge my batteries. Work has been super busy, and though I've made a crapload in OT this year alone, I'm at the point of burnout.

We're still heading down to Williamsburg, VA on Saturday since we booked for one night. Our plan was to drive from the DC metro area to Williamsburg on Saturday (three hours), then drive the next day to the OBX (another three hours).

The saving grace is that we paid for trip insurance. Losing $210 in trip insurance is a hell of a lot better than forfeiting $2,700 for the beach rental.

One of my friends rented oceanfront property with three other families, and the person that booked the trip with their group declined the trip insurance. Bad idea, considering that the insurance (broken up between four families) usually runs less than a $100. We'll only lose $52 each between the four families that were planning to go.

stay safe freaks....

that goes for the post-hurricane party events too. :monkey3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOEOJ1BARk

Here's another song. Just change Eileen to Irene. (Maybe it's a bit inappropriate)
In all seriousness I hope everybody there stays safe, and everything passes by without incident.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXLHUThBib8"]Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners (HQ Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

Near NYC just waitin for it to show up... have a Birthday Party to go to Saturday night:fest

Saw this picture on the MSNBC website:

gss-110826-hurr-irene-2606.grid-8x2.jpg

All that came to mind is "You're doing it wrong!"

Wow, according to CNN, there is a mandatory evacuation of NYC.
This isn't good.

Back