Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hurricane Irene

Stay safe everyone, I'm in Northern New Jersey waiting for Irene to hit, keeping my fingers crossed that it hits the mainland and shoots out to sea, but fat chance of that!

As a native Houstonian, I've been through a couple hurricanes. Stay safe, East Coasters! :duff

thanks fellow freaks i'm waiting for her to roll in, i'm in ct we'll stay safe.

Stay safe everyone, I'm in Northern New Jersey waiting for Irene to hit, keeping my fingers crossed that it hits the mainland and shoots out to sea, but fat chance of that!

Where in NJ? I was born and raised in Dumont, Bergen County.

No, I was just implying that global warming has a part to play now to encourage this type of thing. As an afterthought, I added that we are also overdue for this sort of weather up here anyway. I'm sorry if the way that you read my post it made you think I meant that global warming comes and goes.

You mean climate change, and as the Earth has always had natural climate changes. So the thing that caused it 20 years ago, is the same thing that is causing it now.

I remember the 1987 Hurricane that hit my home town in Essex. That was 94 mph and that did some damage. I remember the next day seeing trees on the floor, walls had fallen down, and roofs ripped from some houses.

ahhh the old michael fish one :lol

irene is 1000 miles wide

I'm in Massachusetts,don't believe the TV crap,will be just a little more rain than the usual.
This is just like in the winter 4" of snow is a blizzard/storm.

Blank-Facepalm.gif

I guess it's started raining in New Hampshire but nothing up here yet.

My girlfriend is visiting her mom in Canada and she was supposed to fly from Toronto to Boston tomorrow and then take a bus back here. Her flight's already been canceled.

Rain and wind...drinking wine on the porch. We will rebuild!!!

all joking aside hope north carolina is ok..they seem to be the worst hit. back to wine on the porch...:dance

Back