9/11 In Memoriam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its still difficult for me to watch the specials about it. I saw one the other day that showed people falling out of the windows and I couldn't watch it. Watching those specials still makes me very sad and pissed at the same time. I can't imagine what anyone directly involved with that day was going through and I hope to god I never have to find out.

eagle-bgimage-2.png

Agreed. I can't watch the news, pick up a paper, or watch any video clips from that day. Like you said it makes me sad, which is immediately converted into anger. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones.

Mhmm... tragic date indeed...
15k people have died due to this... :(

Way more then that, The wars that happened because of this and all the people who died in those countries, Afghanistan, Iraq (which Bush tied to 9/11). many people all round the world have suffered because of that day.

I will admit l am tired of seeng those planes hit the buildings over and over on TV, but it is something we can't forget.

I've been twice. In 08 and most recently in June. They hadn't finished the fountain memorial yet but each time there was just a fence there where they were working on it. At Ground Zero you can walk through that area thinking something just doesn't feel right. All of these buildings and then a great opening where something once stood.

The events of 9/11 brought our nation together in a way not seen since the outset of World War II. But it seems we've somehow, regretfully, lost sight of that sense of national unity in the years following. It should not take another national tragedy to bring us all together again, to move this country forward. As the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 draws to a close, and we've all had a moment to reflect on those events and the torrent of emotions we all experienced that day, be mindful to thank God for the blessing of our freedom and our families. And it is important to remember that this was not only an attack against our great nation, but an attack on humanity, from all faiths and walks of life. God bless you all.

Ed

May God Bless those who lost Their Lives on 9-11-2001, Their families, The Men and Women who helped with Rescue and Recovery Efforts, And may God continue to Bless our troops who continue to fight for a Terror Free World. To them I say, We can never thank you enough.

Nick

Last edited:
NEVER FORGET!
WHON1600.jpg

WHER1600.jpg

For more info:
https://www.flagofhonor.org/

Beyonce Honors 9/11 Victims With I Was Here:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZoUGFrnqDs"]Beyonce Honors 9/11 Victims With I Was Here!!!! (9/11 Tenth Year Anniversary) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Way more then that, The wars that happened because of this and all the people who died in those countries, Afghanistan, Iraq (which Bush tied to 9/11). many people all round the world have suffered because of that day.

I will admit l am tired of seeng those planes hit the buildings over and over on TV, but it is something we can't forget.

Just in Afghanistan over 9k civilians have died, and about 3k coalition soldiers. Irak is a different beast...

As Mr. Miyagi said: "Why we all so stupid?"

Just in Afghanistan over 9k civilians have died, and about 3k coalition soldiers. Irak is a different beast...

As Mr. Miyagi said: "Why we all so stupid?"

Yeah, and it's not just Afghanistan and Iraq, the events following 9/11/01 have resulted in a virtual war in Pakistan too.

Civilian deaths in the US on 9/11: 2,977
Civilian deaths in Afghanistan since 9/11: 8,813
Civilian deaths in Iraq; 1,455,590
Civilian deaths in Pakistan: 9,260
International Forces Killed in Afghanistan: 2,710
International Forces Killed in Iraq: 6,962
Pakistani Forces Killed: 3,443

So for me, this is about remembering the past decade, not just the horrific events of that one day.

Back