9/11 In Memoriam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I never consider American as 'international' and I stopped counting at 1,000 because I thought that number was unconscionable. I am surprised that we are still below 5,000 in Iraq. Not really surprised that Iraqi civilian deaths have crossed a million though.

Not being an American, to me international means just international, could be from anywhere. But i'll have to check those numbers if indeed they include American soldiers or not

Iraqi civilians over a million is... no words.

EDIT: Numbers do indeed include US military casualties:

https://icasualties.org/
Iraq numbers are a bit outdated

Last edited:
l don't believe the Iraq war deaths should be tied to the 9/11 events. we all know Iraq had zero to do with 9/11 Thats not what Bush wanted us to believe though. I'm sure Iraq would have happened regardless.

The countries involved with 9/11 is of course Afghanistan, then Packistan is one of the main problems fueling Afghanistan and all the coalition soldiers from around the world that have died and been injured.

Yeah, and it's not just Afghanistan and Iraq, the events following 9/11/01 have resulted in a virtual war in Pakistan too.

Civilian deaths in the US on 9/11: 2,977
Civilian deaths in Afghanistan since 9/11: 8,813
Civilian deaths in Iraq; 1,455,590
Civilian deaths in Pakistan: 9,260
International Forces Killed in Afghanistan: 2,710
International Forces Killed in Iraq: 6,962
Pakistani Forces Killed: 3,443

So for me, this is about remembering the past decade, not just the horrific events of that one day.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting your figures from?

Last edited:
The estimates for civilian Iraqi deaths has varied massively depending on the source and it's been a point of plenty of debate

The numbers I have quoted are the high end, the low end are more like the 100k or so you guys are seeing

Either way - it is a massive number

Last edited:
The estimates for civilian Iraqi deaths has varied massively depending on the source and it's been a point of plenty of debate

The numbers I have quoted are the high end, the low end are more like the 100k or so you guys are seeing

Either way - it is a massive number

I don't buy the argument that they shouldn't be tied to the category of 'events following 9/11'

Had 9/11 not happened, there would have been no way Bush would have had the political backing to invade Iraq

I heard a long time ago of a million Iraqi deaths. The numbers vary from the people doing the reporting. Some say over a million, some say half, some say under half a million. Just shows how sick the Iraq war was and no truths about the war will be given.

I believe Bush would of Invaded Iraq even if 9/11 didn't happen. This was just the perfect in for him. Bush had his own secret agenda for going there. Bush abandoned Afghanistan right after the fall of the taliban in 2002 (the cause for 9/11) And turned the worlds attention to Iraq which had nothing to do with 9/11. Bush had a different reason to invade Iraq, what that reason was we will never know, but he used 9/11 to sell us the reason to invade Iraq.

So if there was no 9/11, I still guarantee he would of made up some other Lie to go to Iraq down the road in his presidency.

Hmm... keeping an eye on this thread.

tumblr_lkkzmeZiwP1qh5iszo1_400.gif

Edited

All I was trying to point out was that 9/11 while extremely tragic on its own, needs to be viewed in the context of the overall impact and loss of life in events that were directly or indirectly caused by it, across different countries.

Last edited:
It's a goddam shame that idiots can't refrain from political drama in a thread designed exclusively for remembering the lives lost as a result of this tragedy. :monkey1

It just seems as inappropriate as arguing over inheritance at a funeral. Regardless of who did what, or what was a reason for what else, loved ones are lost. This should be about remembering them and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice as a result of this tragedy. :(

It just seems as inappropriate as arguing over inheritance at a funeral. Regardless of who did what, or what was a reason for what else, loved ones are lost. This should be about remembering them and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice as a result of this tragedy. :(

:lecture

Yes, please refrain from politics, conspiracies, etc....

It's a goddam shame that idiots can't refrain from political drama in a thread designed exclusively for remembering the lives lost as a result of this tragedy. :monkey1

:goodpost::exactly:

It's one thing to talk about facts relevant to an event. It's another thing entirely to start in with the rest of that garbage. Some people can't resist though. It's like all that bull has been cooked up just so people could hear themselves bleat.

Jen said:
Yes, please refrain from politics, conspiracies, etc....

I was good. :wave

Back