89 Jack Joker sculpt by Imaresqd1 Edition Closed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this head holds really well next to the HT jack, I don't think it looks cartoonish at all tbh.

IMG_0037.png

haha, you know for some reason I think when painted with the drippy make-up, it looks more realistic.

I also gave it more skin texture.

I don't if its the paint techniques on this sculpt , but damn .
Hot Toys' sculpt makes this look cartoonish IMO .

You can't even compare it .

But for the time , it was the best out there

Do you own both? Have you seen the 89 Joker from HT in hand?

Just wondering , because its like night and day IMO

I have both in-hand. Adam's is a better likeness. Sadly there isn't enough texture on the skin. That's what makes people think it looks "toyish".

Also, as good as Adam is at sculpting, he is no master painter. There are better paint-jobs out there, such as the one Elvis posted.

I am lucky enough to own that top picture,heath joker as cop.the paint is unmatched by anything I've seen.

I'm not saying someone should paint over Adams work, I just would have liked to see someone paint one of his bare sculpts. :peace

Fair point not been too many repaints of the ledger jokers

The reason for that is pretty simple, they generally don't need a repaint

Actually, back in 09 I tried to get an unpainted sculpt from him as I couldn't afford the fully painted ones. But he told me he doesn't want to sell an unpainted joker sculpt. It was either fully painted, or none at all:monkey2

Actually, back in 09 I tried to get an unpainted sculpt from him as I couldn't afford the fully painted ones. But he told me he doesn't want to sell an unpainted joker sculpt. It was either fully painted, or none at all:monkey2

Sucks for people who couldn't afford it but it's a smart move ultimately because it's prevented recasts from popping up

After months of going back and forward, I just had Josh Small from Small Studios return my Joker head because he was unable to paint it. Says it has too many bubble holes and can't do it. This sucks ass. :mad:

Sucks for people who couldn't afford it but it's a smart move ultimately because it's prevented recasts from popping up

Not neccesarily, and you know this:wink1:

After months of going back and forward, I just had Josh Small from Small Studios return my Joker head because he was unable to paint it. Says it has too many bubble holes and can't do it. This sucks ass. :mad:

Which joker head? I'm sure if it's the ones casted by Dean, he'll take care of you.

I was actually looking forward to painting that one again. Unfortunately I have found in the past if there are to many air bubbles the paint will remain tacky around those specific areas.

Just get Maglor to sell you his. :monkey3

Not neccesarily, and you know this:wink1:

Which joker head? I'm sure if it's the ones casted by Dean, he'll take care of you.

I think we nipped that one in the bud ;)

In any case, if Adam was selling unpainted casts I am sure recasts would be widespread given how popular his joker sculpts are :dunno

And yeah Ed you should speak to Dean and sort that bubble situation! Sucks to have that happen but Dean always comes through

Back