3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I don't know what it is with 1/6 figure companies and rubber suits/arms. I mean, one of the main reasons we collect these figures is for the articulation. If I wanted something with no joints and limited or no articulation I would collect statues. It is possible to do joints that look decent without sacrificing much articulation. I really wish these companies would abandon all this rubber suit and limb crap that keeps ruining the figures.

I honestly appreciate the desire to hide the articulation, as I do feel it strengthens the figure's visual fidelity a lot. I also think the rubber suits can be a nice and functional solution. Emphasis on "can". The suit has to be utilized correctly. In this figure's case, their first mistake was actually just using their base body molds under the suit. In makes the shape of the articulation really murky and the limbs themselves just completely fail against the rubber. I would personally have used a body mold under the suit that fills it out a little bit more! That would support the bulky rubber suit just a little bit better.

The suit also needs to go on in pieces, rather than just a rubber jump suit. Really easy to do in this figure's case. They've actually already got a strip of rubber hiding the seam between the top suit piece and the bottom suit piece. All they would need to do is disconnect the leg suit pieces and glue them on independently - letting them move free of the rest of the suit. They need to do the same thing with the arms.

I finally think just gluing the armor pieces onto the suit was lazy practice. This figure would be infinitely more functional if they not only took heed of my above advice of using a body mold that filled the suit out a little bit more and separating the rubber suit at least by limb, but also if they attached the armor pieces to the body mold instead of just gluing them to the suit. They would probably have to either put pieces of the suit on around the armor pieces or press holes into the suit, but I think attaching the armor pieces to the actual figure instead of the suit would have allowed the figure to retain its sharp visual design while also suddenly inheriting a lot of functionality in terms of trying to bend and swivel limbs.

Just started looking at Halo 5 stuff. What a shame they'll never take this line far enough to give us even one of the two main teams in the game.

If we're "lucky" maybe we'll get another release in this line, or even Jorge.

I remember Gimbat saying that Halo isn't that big in asia so they don't make that many figures. I call Bull-****. Halo is huge, they are just a lazy company. They couldve been as big as Ironman but they blew it. We should start a petition to get Threezero to take over and tell Ash and his foot fetish toys to **** off.

I remember Gimbat saying that Halo isn't that big in asia so they don't make that many figures. I call Bull-****. Halo is huge, they are just a lazy company. They couldve been as big as Ironman but they blew it. We should start a petition to get Threezero to take over and tell Ash and his foot fetish toys to **** off.

I hate those feet.

Also, if Halo isn't that big in Asia and therefore decreasing their Halo product then why the hell do they have the license?

I hate those feet.

Also, if Halo isn't that big in Asia and therefore decreasing their Halo product then why the hell do they have the license?

This is what I'm wondering. I can only hope Microsoft will take away the license and give it to someone else, or at least just give it to someone else while letting 3A sit on their ass with it and blow what they have.

NECA has it. Mega Blocks has it, 3A has it, PAK has it, why not one more high quality company that can actually make them right?

I ordered one of these. Only 8.5 inches and 1/10th scale, but I'm seriously thinking about abandoning the 1/6th scale Halo stuff and keeping everything Halo Kotobukiya and 1/10th. They already had a picture of Locke at SDCC, so at least they are moving forward at a pace.

It's a new line ARTFX+....................... articulation from the chest armor up. Head, arms, feet, wrists, shoulders etc, but not at the hips or knees, but you can buy separate tech suits and add armors of your choice to it. I would guess that future releases would be further tech suits with different stances, so eventually most poses should get covered.

Who knows, they might just bring some leg only parts out, so you can swap just the legs. I think it's a great idea. I also think Kotobukiya should get the 1/6th gig.

What do people think...?

kmc_001_zpspmn7u2yo.jpg

I ordered one of these. Only 8.5 inches and 1/10th scale, but I'm seriously thinking about abandoning the 1/6th scale Halo stuff and keeping everything Halo Kotobukiya and 1/10th. They already had a picture of Locke at SDCC, so at least they are moving forward at a pace.

It's a new line ARTFX+....................... articulation from the chest armor up. Head, arms, feet, wrists, shoulders etc, but not at the hips or knees, but you can buy separate tech suits and add armors of your choice to it. I would guess that future releases would be further tech suits with different stances, so eventually most poses should get covered.

Who knows, they might just bring some leg only parts out, so you can swap just the legs. I think it's a great idea. I also think Kotobukiya should get the 1/6th gig.

What do people think...?

kmc_001_zpspmn7u2yo.jpg

The paint, or lack thereof, is really off putting to me. If it can't bend below the waist, just like the 3A Chief, I'd rather keep the 3A one.

Why is it so hard for them to just give the license to Hot Toys and let them run rampant with it like they did with Iron Man, as someone said?

I was personally able to swing by the ThreeA booth at SDCC 2015 and did note the lack of anything Halo on display.

I on a casual whim asked the people there regarding the Chief (I've yet to receive mine yet so I'm not as worked up about about it yet but was concerned) and was told the same thing that was posted to Halo Collector. That they were going to have a meeting to discuss what they want to do about it going forward outside of the refunds for the returns.

I also asked about Jorge, and they stated they'd be talking to Microsoft in regards to him and as to where the line will go next.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
I was personally able to swing by the ThreeA booth at SDCC 2015 and did note the lack of anything Halo on display.

I on a casual whim asked the people there regarding the Chief (I've yet to receive mine yet so I'm not as worked up about about it yet but was concerned) and was told the same thing that was posted to Halo Collector. That they were going to have a meeting to discuss what they want to do about it going forward outside of the refunds for the returns.

I also asked about Jorge, and they stated they'd be talking to Microsoft in regards to him and as to where the line will go next.

I'm hoping this means MS saw what happened and is revoking/letting expire the license and giving it to a company that has their act together.

Thank god, good on you man. Although those are some pretty vague statements that I personally wouldn't feel comfortable walking away with as the end of the conversation, at least they're not playing dumb.

Shame to hear about Jorge though. In my mind, that basically means he's cancelled.

Thanks for trying to get some answers. I hope 3A makes a public announcement soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hmm, so that makes it 3 different persons with the same reply. 2 from the Halo collectors in FB and 1 in here.

I hope what they heard was true. Would had been nice to know who gave those comments out, since when I told Gimbat, he said he never heard about this replacement program or this so called meeting.

Somebody at 3A NEEDS to clear this up for all parties.

Has anyone shipped it back yet and received a refund?

I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about paying a bunch of money and hoping that this joke of a company is going to honor my reimbursement.

I received 3A's refund of MC plus the shipping cost today. Coincidentally, the NECA Chief also arrived today. Its paint job may not be as impressive, but the proportions are dead-on, with a lot of articulations.

What do people think...?

kmc_001_zpspmn7u2yo.jpg

NECA's 18" Chief looks just as good if not better imo.

001.jpg

Had another attempt at getting him to pose properly and all yesterday in an effort to convince myself not to send him back. After that I continued with H4 on Legendary and saw some of the cutscences that just highlight how close this figure was to perfect.

Such a shame!

I received 3A's refund of MC plus the shipping cost today. Coincidentally, the NECA Chief also arrived today. Its paint job may not be as impressive, but the proportions are dead-on, with a lot of articulations.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mind sharing who you shipped with and how much it cost.

Back