3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL you buy an xbox you know full well what you're getting into. Or if you aren't a realist or don't research before buying you don't know. MC collection was great if your priority was having all the campaigns available on one system, and the desire to play the redone halo 2. I was perfectly satisfied as I don't play halo multiplayer anymore since there's destiny and call of duty. When I did multiplayer it was co op same screen ( THANKS A BUNCH HALO 5). BTW, they should just do a two hour movie in the same graphics as halo 2 AV edition, they were stellar. So was the dialogue honestly.

The difference between 1/6 industry and ANY OTHER is these companies have TERRIBLE communication and outreach. How long did it take microsoft to address people's concerns about kinect? Spoiler alert: Really fast.

Then you have people wondering about Hot Toys professor X never being mentioned, threea MC being terrible with zero apologies to the fans after all the wait let alone a heads up before it shipped, threea announcing an unfulfilled order sale, offering three items (not covering 4 of the licenses mentioned to appear) then closing due to server issues AND IT NEVER GETS ADDRESSED AGAIN. Like why hasn't Drax been released? There's a ton of info giving OPINIONS on why but why the hell doesn't hot toys just post that they're working on it. How is communication so hard. And before someone gets started with the "there's probably something else in play" yes, I'm sure it'd be difficult to find a legally acceptable way to explain drax (if it's rights issues are the cause) but if you cared enough about your customers and fans you could definitely find a way to get a message across. Mouth foaming rant over.

*and the mc post on threea's website is as halfassed as the figure was. If they'd opened up even one chief they'd have known the product was crap. It APPEARS ash doesn't care
Probably when I bought an Xbox One to play the Master Chief Collection...Halo just can't catch a break!

That pissing sale thing was a ****ing joke. Stayed up F5ing for jack ****. Mo one updated about it afterwards. Half arsed Ashley. ****ing trash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL you buy an xbox you know full well what you're getting into. Or if you aren't a realist or don't research before buying you don't know. MC collection was great if your priority was having all the campaigns available on one system, and the desire to play the redone halo 2. I was perfectly satisfied as I don't play halo multiplayer anymore since there's destiny and call of duty. When I did multiplayer it was co op same screen ( THANKS A BUNCH HALO 5). BTW, they should just do a two hour movie in the same graphics as halo 2 AV edition, they were stellar. So was the dialogue honestly.

The difference between 1/6 industry and ANY OTHER is these companies have TERRIBLE communication and outreach. How long did it take microsoft to address people's concerns about kinect? Spoiler alert: Really fast.

Then you have people wondering about Hot Toys professor X never being mentioned, threea MC being terrible with zero apologies to the fans after all the wait let alone a heads up before it shipped, threea announcing an unfulfilled order sale, offering three items (not covering 4 of the licenses mentioned to appear) then closing due to server issues AND IT NEVER GETS ADDRESSED AGAIN. Like why hasn't Drax been released? There's a ton of info giving OPINIONS on why but why the hell doesn't hot toys just post that they're working on it. How is communication so hard. And before someone gets started with the "there's probably something else in play" yes, I'm sure it'd be difficult to find a legally acceptable way to explain drax (if it's rights issues are the cause) but if you cared enough about your customers and fans you could definitely find a way to get a message across. Mouth foaming rant over.

*and the mc post on threea's website is as halfassed as the figure was. If they'd opened up even one chief they'd have known the product was crap. It APPEARS ash doesn't care

Please don't ever try and defend the MCC again. Nobody can, especially not with your logic of "its satisfactory because the small portion of the game I wanted to play worked while nothing else did". And by the way, Halo 2s Sacred Icon level is STILL broken in co-op.

My favorite part of halo is the campaign and the actual weapon mechanics. I could give a crap about the multiplayer modes especially when other games have much more intense and complex multiplayer. Halo 2 is my favorite halo game and I wanted all the campaigns on one disc. So I got what I wanted. Was there actually a population who wanted to get back to competitive halo multiplayer and if so had they NOT been playing Reach for some foolish reason? They must not play destiny or call of duty because COD is perfect for the weapon purist whereas destiny offers alot of fun alternatives to straight weapons and its super competitive. Seriously I must be missing alot, what else doesn't work on the mc collection?

Please don't ever try and defend the MCC again. Nobody can, especially not with your logic of "its satisfactory because the small portion of the game I wanted to play worked while nothing else did". And by the way, Halo 2s Sacred Icon level is STILL broken in co-op.

Only defense MCC legitimately has at this point is that 343 has been working hard on it since Day 1, it's seen massive improvement, and they continue to work on it. And this is only a good defense for the product while we acknowledge that it launched unplayable, it had broken servers for like 4 months, and it still has more issues than the average game does on launch. But it still has that defense.

Nothing can be said for this figure. They don't seem to give a rat's tail. It's clear shoddy craftsmanship and sloppy sloppy work. Looks like they spent a huge amount of time designing a good visual signature for the figure, getting the sculpt and paint application nearly just right, and then just shipped it out with no iteration on the articulation, which is arguably the most important part is designing an action figure. In my opinion, an action figure with poor articulation is a poor action figure. An action figure with good articulation but a budget sculpt and paint app is a decent action figure. An action figure with good articulation and a killer paint app and sculpt is a great figure. The visual style is what separates the good figures from the great ones, but the articulation is what separates the good from the broken. Seems like 3A just skipped that very important foundation and went for sculpt and paint app right away, wasting everyone's time.

I just hate how they don't seem to care. It's been 5 days and CS still hasn't gotten back to me. To boot, I'm not even sure if I want to give the figure back. I certainly would prefer an exchange for a figure with some fixes. If it's never going to be fixed, then I do want my money back, but I still want a 1/6 Chief. I'm just irked by the idea of having to tow the shipping costs out-of-pocket and having nothing to show for this figure EXCEPT that. Their Facebook announcement was bollocks, read more like "Well, we're sorry you don't like our figure *shrug*" than what it should have been - a royally brown-nosed attempt to save face with customers. Bot nothing like that, not even admitting a mistake. This customer service treatment has been worse than the crew of 16 year old kids at the downtown grocery store who don't know the difference between grapes and cherries.

My favorite part of halo is the campaign and the actual weapon mechanics. I could give a crap about the multiplayer modes especially when other games have much more intense and complex multiplayer. Halo 2 is my favorite halo game and I wanted all the campaigns on one disc. So I got what I wanted. Was there actually a population who wanted to get back to competitive halo multiplayer and if so had they NOT been playing Reach for some foolish reason? They must not play destiny or call of duty because COD is perfect for the weapon purist whereas destiny offers alot of fun alternatives to straight weapons and its super competitive. Seriously I must be missing alot, what else doesn't work on the mc collection?

Halo fans want an arena multiplayer and find "competitive" to mean "balanced" and "even". Destiny and Call of Duty are not those things. Halo fans don't actually care for complexity or customization. They want a symmetrical map with some placement of power weapons, everybody starting with only precision rifles, and everybody having the same base abilities and movement aspects. Halo fans don't find games like Destiny or Call of Duty competitive, in fact, because of players entering matches with different gears, stats, weapons, and abilities. They find that ruins the competitive aspect of the actual gameplay before encounters even happen.

I just wish MCC had more individual playlists for each game. Sometimes I just want to play SWAT in Halo 4, for example. I hate constantly switching between games during one session.

Just looked up 3 different interviews with ash and I'm sad to see my memory was correct. He basically has the mantra "**** em" and he says that exact phrase multiple times in every interview. He doesn't care what other people think end of story and he says as much. I'm done with him and am cancelling all my preorders. He isn't getting another dime from me. If you cancel bambaland preorders you do get refunded correct?
Only defense MCC legitimately has at this point is that 343 has been working hard on it since Day 1, it's seen massive improvement, and they continue to work on it. And this is only a good defense for the product while we acknowledge that it launched unplayable, it had broken servers for like 4 months, and it still has more issues than the average game does on launch. But it still has that defense.

Nothing can be said for this figure. They don't seem to give a rat's tail. It's clear shoddy craftsmanship and sloppy sloppy work. Looks like they spent a huge amount of time designing a good visual signature for the figure, getting the sculpt and paint application nearly just right, and then just shipped it out with no iteration on the articulation, which is arguably the most important part is designing an action figure. In my opinion, an action figure with poor articulation is a poor action figure. An action figure with good articulation but a budget sculpt and paint app is a decent action figure. An action figure with good articulation and a killer paint app and sculpt is a great figure. The visual style is what separates the good figures from the great ones, but the articulation is what separates the good from the broken. Seems like 3A just skipped that very important foundation and went for sculpt and paint app right away, wasting everyone's time.

I just hate how they don't seem to care. It's been 5 days and CS still hasn't gotten back to me. To boot, I'm not even sure if I want to give the figure back. I certainly would prefer an exchange for a figure with some fixes. If it's never going to be fixed, then I do want my money back, but I still want a 1/6 Chief. I'm just irked by the idea of having to tow the shipping costs out-of-pocket and having nothing to show for this figure EXCEPT that. Their Facebook announcement was bollocks, read more like "Well, we're sorry you don't like our figure *shrug*" than what it should have been - a royally brown-nosed attempt to save face with customers. Bot nothing like that, not even admitting a mistake. This customer service treatment has been worse than the crew of 16 year old kids at the downtown grocery store who don't know the difference between grapes and cherries.

Personally I think they do, I'm just disappointed there aren't way more lights on him.

My big issue is that, when I turn the lights on, they're bright and awesome for about a minute, but then they rapidly begin to dim. Within a half an hour, you can barely even tell they're on anymore. Should I get new batteries, or are all of them like this?

Just looked up 3 different interviews with ash and I'm sad to see my memory was correct. He basically has the mantra "**** em" and he says that exact phrase multiple times in every interview. He doesn't care what other people think end of story and he says as much. I'm done with him and am cancelling all my preorders. He isn't getting another dime from me. If you cancel bambaland preorders you do get refunded correct?

Not sure dude. Contact cs and demand them to cancel because of the **** they made with chief. I can't cancel my Thorne dos I ordered from a local retailer. If that turns out **** then it's the end of 3A for me. I don't want to even buy the destiny one now.

Minor issues fine dos there's no perfect figure but not standing up and so much issues etc. last time I was pissed with a figure was sideshows Nathan drake.

Jesus I can't even respond to half of your post since its so opinionated that I'll just summarize this.

1. Yes, a ****load of people wanted to get back into multiplayer, look at the sales it had

2. If you knew anything about Halo 1-3 its that they basically defined current multiplayer for FPS games, whether you like that or not.

3. COD is absolute trash and pure **** in every regard, so its obviously a terrible, broken game that cannot possibly do anything right when it comes out once a year.

They actually haven't worked that hard on it. They only devoted a small amount of people to fixing it, quite possibly the smallest amount they could without giving up on it completely, and then diverted ALL attention to Halo 5 to cover up their mistake. They couldn't acknowledge it before Christmas because that would have hurt their sales, and anything after that would hurt Halo 5 preorder sales. And they refuse to even acknowledge that it was broken to this day, so much that the update that FINALLY fixed it was spoken as just another one of the previous 12 updates. I have friends who will not give this game a try because they still wont believe me that it works.

As for shipping the figure back, I got an email saying they're refunding the shipping costs as well.

I just wish MCC had more individual playlists for each game. Sometimes I just want to play SWAT in Halo 4, for example. I hate constantly switching between games during one session.
Server. Browser.

Why is it so hard for console games to give us server browsers along with matchmaking playlists?

My big issue is that, when I turn the lights on, they're bright and awesome for about a minute, but then they rapidly begin to dim. Within a half an hour, you can barely even tell they're on anymore. Should I get new batteries, or are all of them like this?

Not checked his long battery last. But what I don't like is the lights leak through under the helmet. It should be sealed tight.

That's pretty awful. I hope someone shows up at the 3A booth at SDCC and really gets him pissed off. If I could go I'd definitely make a stop there and hand him my Chief while recording him and ask him to prove it to me that this thing can do anything that was advertised, or its complete ****. Would be amazing to watch him and then put the vid up online of how he reacts.

That could be your batteries, I have no idea. If you have spare ones try swapping them out?

Not sure dude. Contact cs and demand them to cancel because of the **** they made with chief. I can't cancel my Thorne dos I ordered from a local retailer. If that turns out **** then it's the end of 3A for me. I don't want to even buy the destiny one now.

Minor issues fine dos there's no perfect figure but not standing up and so much issues etc. last time I was pissed with a figure was sideshows Nathan drake.

I'm 99% sure that Thorne and the Recruit will have the same issues. From what I've seen they have the exact same hand sculpts and the exact same hip section. But that 1% might probe me wrong since I figured we'd have to pay shopping back to return the Chief.

It is VERY opinionated indeed, I HATE being forced to use certain tactics, I want flexibility. In halo there was the battle rifle fast reloading bug, programmeable controllers for team snipers and wasn't halo 2 the birth place of the server crashing systems for consoles? There's always ways to exploit a game the difference is in destiny you can use gear to reduce other's advantage and force you to find another solution. Once we can play reach on xbone you'll have your arena style I guess, but why would that disappoint you about the mcc, it was never advertised to have an arena or firefight mode. Personally I think reach had the best balance, the shooting/aim mechanic forced you to time things better for the accuracy pros were used to managing on the fly in previous games.

Halo was balanced in a very constricted style. They called it the rock paper scissors mechanic based around grenade use and while balanced it was, I found it boring longterm and too constricting. Man I don't want to use the same weapon combo as everyone else and have to use grenades the same way and rush for the same weapon spots, etc. I prefer destiny because you have so many options. And even still, personal skill can trump a superior or even cheating tactic. And yeah I WANT TO CHOOSE MY SHADER its fun.

I mentioned COD purely to cover the spectrum of FPS on xbox that were successful. Figured everyone whose bread and butter was team snipers went over to the dark side of intervention no scoping.
Jesus I can't even respond to half of your post since its so opinionated that I'll just summarize this.

1. Yes, a ****load of people wanted to get back into multiplayer, look at the sales it had

2. If you knew anything about Halo 1-3 its that they basically defined current multiplayer for FPS games, whether you like that or not.

3. COD is absolute trash and pure **** in every regard, so its obviously a terrible, broken game that cannot possibly do anything right when it comes out once a year.

They actually haven't worked that hard on it. They only devoted a small amount of people to fixing it, quite possibly the smallest amount they could without giving up on it completely, and then diverted ALL attention to Halo 5 to cover up their mistake. They couldn't acknowledge it before Christmas because that would have hurt their sales, and anything after that would hurt Halo 5 preorder sales. And they refuse to even acknowledge that it was broken to this day, so much that the update that FINALLY fixed it was spoken as just another one of the previous 12 updates. I have friends who will not give this game a try because they still wont believe me that it works.

As for shipping the figure back, I got an email saying they're refunding the shipping costs as well.

It seems 3A will cover the return shipping costs. A few members have confirmed this.

What worried me right away with chief was the recruit and Thorne. I asked them would they delay it to fix them if they had the same issue. They did not reply as usual. They in fact updated the shipping schedule and it's coming out end of this month. So basically no turning back.

Ashley has always been a **** with every interview saying its style and he does it his way. Someone should do that at sdcc.

Please someone do that. Plop chief down in front of him, prop up three photos from the promo shots and ask him to replicate. Film the whole thing. My guess he gets red in the face and grabs the phone from you. You then laugh until tears stream down your face.

Yeah I'll be sending chief back, I really wanted a good one but I won't support this behavior anymore. That being said I'm so glad I have emile, it's definitely my fav figure in my collection. Looks boss too and holds weapons well.

How do they cover the cost exactly and how is the refund issued?
It seems 3A will cover the return shipping costs. A few members have confirmed this.

What worried me right away with chief was the recruit and Thorne. I asked them would they delay it to fix them if they had the same issue. They did not reply as usual. They in fact updated the shipping schedule and it's coming out end of this month. So basically no turning back.

Ashley has always been a **** with every interview saying its style and he does it his way. Someone should do that at sdcc.

That looks good I'll definitely be trying that. Still boggles my mind how acceptable problems like this are in this industry. I mean christ you're dropping several hundred dollars, whens the last time you spent a couple hundred on something and weren't completely satisfied.

These problems are accepted because even though so many people are upset about this figure they're still keeping it! Don't keep it, return it and when they loose a ton of money they'll take notice.

People are more willing to to drop $240 on a POS figure and MOD it themselves just to make it hit the lowest bar for an acceptabel figure then they are willing to return it.

This behavior is acceptable in this industry because the consumer is in a dysfunctional relationship with the producer. Seriously, we just paid $240 for this. That's a lot of money for a figure and even though people hate it, it seems like most people aren't even going to return it. I mean....!??!?!

I wouldn't bother spending more money on QA either if I was them, what's the point, it's going to make them money anyway.

It is VERY opinionated indeed, I HATE being forced to use certain tactics, I want flexibility. In halo there was the battle rifle fast reloading bug, programmeable controllers for team snipers and wasn't halo 2 the birth place of the server crashing systems for consoles? There's always ways to exploit a game the difference is in destiny you can use gear to reduce other's advantage and force you to find another solution. Once we can play reach on xbone you'll have your arena style I guess, but why would that disappoint you about the mcc, it was never advertised to have an arena or firefight mode. Personally I think reach had the best balance, the shooting/aim mechanic forced you to time things better for the accuracy pros were used to managing on the fly in previous games.

Halo was balanced in a very constricted style. They called it the rock paper scissors mechanic based around grenade use and while balanced it was, I found it boring longterm and too constricting. Man I don't want to use the same weapon combo as everyone else and have to use grenades the same way and rush for the same weapon spots, etc. I prefer destiny because you have so many options. And even still, personal skill can trump a superior or even cheating tactic. And yeah I WANT TO CHOOSE MY SHADER its fun.

I mentioned COD purely to cover the spectrum of FPS on xbox that were successful. Figured everyone whose bread and butter was team snipers went over to the dark side of intervention no scoping.

Reach is the farthest (aside from 4) Halo ever got from being an Arena shooter. Arena shooters are where it takes skill to win between completely balanced teams, no luck and a significant lack of variables. Halo 1-3 are Arena shooters.

Back