3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to get into the whole debate about the MCC.

While it was a broken mess for months, having all 4 (now 5) Campaigns on one disc? On one console?
Good enough for me.

In regards to Chief... Now im left with the decision on weather to return or not, I really want a 1/6 Chief even if its this imposable mess! :slap

Pick up the Play Arts Kai Halo 2 master Chief. It's not 1/6 but it's close and so much better and it's by far the best Halo PAK.

Someone on FB opened up the figure. Can see how the legs and hip works.

mcfb1.jpg

mcfb2.jpg

I'm guessing I'm in the extreme minority here but I like the figure. I got him home today and was prepared for a horrible figure after all this thread has had to say. Sure, he isn't the most posable figure but posing all of the other 3A Halo offerings was no treat either so this is no surprise to me. There is no question that this is the most detailed Master Chief figure we have received to date. I have all the play arts kai figures as well and love them, but this is just gorgeous. Perfect, no, but great aesthetically speaking. As for pose ability he's no treat, but you can get some good poses given time. 3A are known for using cheaper materials as a way to keep the prices down (also why they are so light), but still getting incredibly detailed figures at large sizes. If this was a Hot Toy it would be closer to 400-500 USD. Count me as one of the pleased ones.

Lol...I figured I had to voice my thoughts with all the negativity. We are lucky that at least one company is giving us 1/6 scale detailed Halo figures. If they stop...we have nothing.

Lol...I figured I had to voice my thoughts with all the negativity. We are lucky that at least one company is giving us 1/6 scale detailed Halo figures. If they stop...we have nothing.

This is something I've been thinking while following this thread - while the figure clearly has some major, major issues, there's no denying that it LOOKS great. I still haven't gotten a chance to open him up (delivered to my family house, more stable address) and I'm dreading the issues, but every time I see a new photo of it I can help but reconsider the woes listed out here.

This is something I've been thinking while following this thread - while the figure clearly has some major, major issues, there's no denying that it LOOKS great. I still haven't gotten a chance to open him up (delivered to my family house, more stable address) and I'm dreading the issues, but every time I see a new photo of it I can help but reconsider the woes listed out here.
I feel the same way. I'm not getting mine through Bambaland so I won't have the luxury of a return, so I hope that those of us that are stuck with it can at least figure out how to mod it into an acceptable figure. If the rubber isn't too thick, I wonder if you could simply cut that rubber lower body once-piece into three pieces - two legs and a center "diaper" piece like a Hot Toys Iron Man, then reglue it back together. Add some clear nail polish and tighten up those leg joints. The upper body around the cod-piece looks like it would cover it all up anyways after the reconstructive surgery. Someone already found a way to tighten up the shoulders, then we'd just need to fix the hands.

I feel the same way. I'm not getting mine through Bambaland so I won't have the luxury of a return, so I hope that those of us that are stuck with it can at least figure out how to mod it into an acceptable figure. If the rubber isn't too thick, I wonder if you could simply cut that rubber lower body once-piece into three pieces - two legs and a center "diaper" piece like a Hot Toys Iron Man, then reglue it back together. Add some clear nail polish and tighten up those leg joints. The upper body around the cod-piece looks like it would cover it all up anyways after the reconstructive surgery. Someone already found a way to tighten up the shoulders, then we'd just need to fix the hands.

Indeed. The bottom line is though, we shouldn't have to worry about any of that stuff. It should work as advertised. I'm very curious to see if the non-Bamba release figures are any different or have fixes for some of this stuff.

Indeed. The bottom line is though, we shouldn't have to worry about any of that stuff. It should work as advertised. I'm very curious to see if the non-Bamba release figures are any different or have fixes for some of this stuff.
Oh, 100% agreed.

As for pose ability he's no treat, but you can get some good poses given time. 3A are known for using cheaper materials as a way to keep the prices down (also why they are so light), but still getting incredibly detailed figures at large sizes. If this was a Hot Toy it would be closer to 400-500 USD. Count me as one of the pleased ones.

I'm fairly new to posting on here as well and maybe half of my posts are ranting about this Chief! :lol

It doesn't make sense to compare it to other companies since it is a product in and of itself and needs provide what it promises and not just be less expensive than a competitor.

And I would love to see all the poses you get for him. I mean that genuinely and not in a snarky way. I'd be interested to see what you can do with him. I'm guessing the only pose you can get him without other materials is some version of him standing with arms at his sides and legs straight. It's not just that he's "not the most poseable figure" it's that he is almost completely unposeable.

That's a false dichotomy though. Why assume that if they don't have the license someone else wouldn't? Maybe they are preventing a BETTER company form making Halo figures. Why settle?

We don't need to feel lucky that a company is trying to make money off of us. 3A clearly is looking to put in minimal effort and charge as much as they can get away with. If they put in an honest effort I might understand that mentality but this figure is so bad and a step BACK from the previous figures that I can't honestly believe they've been trying to improve things and put out the best they could.

It's like Stockholm Syndrome.

Exactly, especially not for that price.

Ahhh I have not ***** and moan about a figure for a very long time. This figure does deserve these critical feedbacks. It does not function the basics at all. Thats the simple truth. I woke up this morning and somehow just cant put myself to get in touch with CS....yet

Ahhh I have not ***** and moan about a figure for a very long time. This figure does deserve these critical feedbacks. It does not function the basics at all. Thats the simple truth. I woke up this morning and somehow just cant put myself to get in touch with CS....yet

The key is to put it in the box and don't look at it. If you're not looking at the great sculpt, you'll only remember what a failure it is.

I'm sure if Hot Toys would have created MC, they would have implemented rubber suits close to the body also but created joints for poseability ... similar to what they've done to Raiden, while retaining details, and not it will not cost $500 USD. 3A had a couple of years to develop MC, similar to the time frame that Hot Toys had with the Raiden figure. This is the main character of a multi billion dollar franchise, you'd figure the treatment would better than the previous two Spartan releases. At least have it be able to do the iconic poses we see in manuals, posters and art books. HT Briareos was released 8 years ago but yet seem to have more details and attention that this 3A MC release. It's one of the first figures to have full rubber suits, though limited in poses, it has better poseability than the 3A MC. It was $189.99

rd.jpg

mcgroup.jpg

Plus the fact that 3A prices are getting higher and higher with each release. Looks like you keeping yours right, doodler?

I doubt that any other company would take on the Halo franchise at this point. They would be pretty late to the game and the franchise is sort of becoming old and reaching its end in the next few years. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like its 3A for highly detailed Halo "figures" or nothing.

I doubt that any other company would take on the Halo franchise at this point. They would be pretty late to the game and the franchise is sort of becoming old and reaching its end in the next few years. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like its 3A for highly detailed Halo "figures" or nothing.

To quote the great Terminator Genisass movie, 'old not obsolete'

Back