2018 College Football General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meyer never had any scruples, going back to his time in Florida and had a team full of criminals playing for him. And frankly, you don't build the most successful college teams without being able to look the other way when bad **** happens. I've heard first hand stories of stuff that happened at LSU when Saban was here and someone else was always made to take the fall.

But I'm not sure the evidence here is sufficient to bring Urban down.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The culture he bred in Gainesville is still there to some extent. Winning was great so everyone looked the other way.

If tOSU whacked Tressel over tattoos — and they did — it’s hard to see Meyer surviving this unless his wife falls on the sword.

I always felt the Florida part was more the school than him. Let’s not forget where he came from, I don’t see that kind of person would have lasted and done so well at Utah.

Unfortunately I feel he is gone.....being a person responsible for other adults in a professional environment, I don’t know that I’d feel it my job to intervene in a similar situation.... but the world we live in gotta adjust

Unfortunately I feel he is gone.....being a person responsible for other adults in a professional environment, I don’t know that I’d feel it my job to intervene in a similar situation.... but the world we live in gotta adjust

According to Title IX it was his job and his wife's job based on her position at Ohio State to report these things.

He knew and he reported it. He just misspoke about it when he was asked about it at media day and said he didn't know anything about it. Because he wasn't prepared to talk about it and didn't want to say anything misleading. Honest. This time. For real. Urban and the truth don’t usually go together.

So here is what makes no sense. If he reported it wouldn’t that be documented at the school and easily determined? If so why this is on paid leave?

Even if he did report this, if there is no paper trail, he's in trouble. Because the administrators at Ohio would surely make him go down in flames before they took the fall. High level college administrators often have even less scruples than coaches of highly powerful NCAA football teams. My guess is that right now they're trying to identify some low level secretary making $30K a year to take the fall and lose his/her job in disgrace so all the millionaires can get off scot free.

He knew and he reported it. He just misspoke about it when he was asked about it at media day and said he didn't know anything about it. Because he wasn't prepared to talk about it and didn't want to say anything misleading. Honest. This time. For real. Urban and the truth don’t usually go together.

LOL. He was asked about it NINE times during media days. You don't misspeak about a question NINE times.

Did anybody who watched the Michigan vs Maryland game have the picture freeze? I was watching on Directv and it froze about three times totaling almost half of the game. Trying to figure out if it was local or national.

Back