2018 College Football General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t figure state has a shot, they dropped the ball in Purdue.

I wanted the committee to be exposed by picking non conf winner Alabama over conference winner Okl but it’s a mute point...unless they go with two loss non conference winning Ga over OKL....buuuuut bulldogs don’thave the pull a Bama would have so not likely to happen

It’s bad enough that they put Georgia at 5
Only 1-4 really matter. OSU goes to Rose bowl, Georgia goes to Sugar bowl. Regraless if they are swapped. The idea that Michigan stayed at 7 is offensive. Guess no matter what you aren’t making it to finals unless your ND or a power 5 team?

It’s bad enough that they put Georgia at 5

Continues to expose their bias....I don’t have an issue with playoff teams but again ranking a 2 loss non conference champion over a one loss conference champ who had compatible strength of schedule to their nbr 4 playoff team.

Fraud ball committee you ask me.....cannot be consistent except their love of SEC. Hoping for anyone except Bama...Clemson or Sooners....ND doesn’t have much shot IMO.

The only thing that makes me remotely interested in this year’s CPO is if ND is in it..at least that’s something different for a change

So sick and tired seeing the same four teams each season since they started this

Yeah, I'm sure this is it for old Urb.:rolleyes2 At least it seems he isn't leaving tOSU in the shambles he left Florida.

Continues to expose their bias....I don’t have an issue with playoff teams but again ranking a 2 loss non conference champion over a one loss conference champ who had compatible strength of schedule to their nbr 4 playoff team.

Fraud ball committee you ask me.....cannot be consistent except their love of SEC. Hoping for anyone except Bama...Clemson or Sooners....ND doesn’t have much shot IMO.

The committee actually wanted to rank Georgia #3. Beamer and Hancock threw a fit about it and made the members re-vote. Came back with a 5-5 tie between Oklahoma and Georgia. They debated to no end and then Hancock invoked "protocol" with that being a conf champ wins the tiebreaker. The system is flawed. Everyone knows it. It's a beauty pageant and only those teams with a big brand name stand a chance of getting in.

I'd like like to see an 8 team playoff. Of course there will still be hemming and hawing over the last few spots. If they weren't worried over the money the bowls bring in they would have gone to an FCS like playoff ages ago.

The committee actually wanted to rank Georgia #3. Beamer and Hancock threw a fit about it and made the members re-vote. Came back with a 5-5 tie between Oklahoma and Georgia. They debated to no end and then Hancock invoked "protocol" with that being a conf champ wins the tiebreaker. The system is flawed. Everyone knows it. It's a beauty pageant and only those teams with a big brand name stand a chance of getting in.
You mean 4 right? If not you better come up with a really reliable source.

So they are taking 8 teams now and most still think UCF would be out. What’s the point? To give teams who had the chance to make it to playoff on the field and failed a spot in the playoff? To make sure every conference champion makes it?

Back