2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. UPDATE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah as Rusty said, the neck portion is clear. This is just an illustration, but it shows the clear neck (it's not hugely visible in the movie):

d1a79f87e1d59ff767da65a5113eaba0.jpg

I dd a sketch for what the parts visible inside the clear torso look like (they do vary - this is the ESB medical center version) but I think Rusty decided to leave creating that area up to people. Here's the sketch I did, maybe a guide for those wanting to build the "guts" themselves:

50315514426_02dfee89d7_o.png

That's impressive work, Talibane.

For those going the extra mile with the lights and guts, this will really make this figure pop on the shelf.

SW displays are desperately needing more droids. There's a whole world of them out there, and this project is a really nice start.

I'd have to really think to remember some of my favorite droids... but off the top of my head, EV-9D9 and the Death Star droid are two of my favorites.

For non-humanoid droids, FX7 and WED-15 -- I like many arms.

I kind of like B'omarr Monk as well despite his totally useless design. But you know, brains sloshing around and spider legs, who can resist?

Yeah as Rusty said, the neck portion is clear. This is just an illustration, but it shows the clear neck (it's not hugely visible in the movie):

d1a79f87e1d59ff767da65a5113eaba0.jpg

I dd a sketch for what the parts visible inside the clear torso look like (they do vary - this is the ESB medical center version) but I think Rusty decided to leave creating that area up to people. Here's the sketch I did, maybe a guide for those wanting to build the "guts" themselves:

50315514426_02dfee89d7_o.png

Thanks for posting this, great work :clap

Hopefully this project is still steaming into port soon!

That's impressive work, Talibane.

For those going the extra mile with the lights and guts, this will really make this figure pop on the shelf.

SW displays are desperately needing more droids. There's a whole world of them out there, and this project is a really nice start.

I'd love to see one of those done up like that Talibane, great research!

Thanks for posting this, great work :clap

Thanks, yeah it was actually quite tricky to figure it out because it's somewhat distorted by the etched lines on his clear belly.

But I do think it will be a good thing to add, even a very simplified version, because you can see it whether his lights are on or not (I recently saw ESB on the big screen for a 40th Anniv screening and noticed him "shut down" with lights off at the end in medical frigate.)

Still not sure how far I'll go in terms of lights - for the eyes as well, or just the belly. I'm not a huge fan of lights on figures (I rarely use the R2 lights) but 21-B's lights are a somewhat noticeable part of his look in terms of both eyes and belly/torso. Going to be a major pain to get looking right though.

TonTon got a good result with the rhinestone Jawa eyes... maybe really small rhinestones for 2-1B's eyes...? I think you could live without the belly light on. But the eyes seem the most noticeable.

Yeah I've been studying every pic I can find, but it's really hard to figure out how that interior. In a lot of shots it appears there's a solid blue core of some kind running down the middle, but after checking out this deleted scene where you see him rotate around (at the 5:44 mark), it seems to be only a weird shimmering effect making it look that way.

Hope this project is still on track to ship soon!:pray:

Just got word from the printer they will be shipping to me soon! I'm super happy with the photos they sent- looks to be worth the wait!
We can sort out balances and shipping soon!
Thanks!
IMG_2440.jpg
IMG_2441.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back