2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. UPDATE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup totally agreed. So has anyone else here made any progress? I got a bit sidetracked with other projects, but am hoping to get back to mine soon.

Yup totally agreed. So has anyone else here made any progress? I got a bit sidetracked with other projects, but am hoping to get back to mine soon.

Yeah I decided to redo elements on the gonk kit and got sidetracked with other projects so I have delayed both but I will be teeing up 21B soon and figuring out what I want to build for his belly guts.

I also think I've been a bit stumped in thinking about 21B because of the lights - they are a pretty integral part of his look but lights on figures are something I very rarely use, so it's a lot of trouble for not a lot of practical benefit. Overall I'd probably rather come up with a way to fudge the 21B look without including LEDs if possible.

t was the thing I didn't love about SSC C3PO: that it really doesn't look great without the eye lights on. And with that fig all you have to do is touch the back of the head to turn them on, and yet I still didn't use the lights a whole lot.

Lights look great for posting pics but I also just really find that because I have so many figs I can't really use lights much - for a display with maybe two dozen or more figs, it's just too hard to switch on the lights on 4 or 5 figs in that display, then have to turn them all back off again. If there was a way to have lights on/off all figs on with one flip of a switch, I'd use them way more.

Yeah not having a clear idea of how the torso guts should look was the other thing that made me put this aside. :D

And I sympathize about the lights. My frustration over that was what finally pushed me to study up and figure out LEDS and resistors and how to get everything wired up to an adapter so I can switch everything on at once. It was a challenge to figure out at first, but was totally worth it as it really makes my whole SW collection come alive now.

Yeah not having a clear idea of how the torso guts should look was the other thing that made me put this aside. :D

And I sympathize about the lights. My frustration over that was what finally pushed me to study up and figure out LEDS and resistors and how to get everything wired up to an adapter so I can switch everything on at once. It was a challenge to figure out at first, but was totally worth it as it really makes my whole SW collection come alive now.

I did post that pic of what I thought the interior looked like - maybe it got buried and I can post again if necessary.

And so you have a small cable coming out of the back of stuff like SSC/HT R2, SSC Probe droid and Tama 3PO and all those cords go to a central hub and to a power socket that you just switch on all at once? Did you drill a little hole for the cord to enter the back of the figure or something?

What would be brilliant is some cordless way to power LEDs, where you just have the lights unit and you can just flip a switch and they come on. I guess that's far future though.:lol

Yeah pretty much, although for the most part I haven't had to drill into or damage any figures. The wires just go into the regular battery compartments and are usually hidden inside the outfit or in back of the figure.

And yeah I saw your pics and drawings earlier, I just haven't figured out how I actually want to build all that yet. :p

Great looking display, davejames!

I really like those shelves, as they can hold quite a number of figures. My only concern would be dust.

c7107c05d34871a771470ccd013ab099.gif

Just shipped out a few kits! Have a few left in stock, message me with interest- this will probably be the last run.
Thanks-

Heyo, I made the first payment way back for this second run, but haven't heard anything back.

Edit: I think I'm going insane, I swore I sent the payment after I emailed you end of last year, but now I can't see it. I'm not crazy, I swear!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back