2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. UPDATE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The great thing about FX-7 is the amount of easy repetition he has: just 3D sculpt ONE ARM and its channel.... then REPLICATE it 16 times around a cylinder.... and you then have nearly half of FX-7 finished.:dunno:lol

Even though he has a lot of little added parts, his overall base body is quite simple.

FX-7 also has the same amount of Kenner mojo as 21B because FX-7 was in the first ten ESB figs that Kenner released, so he's technically in the ESB equivalent of the "original 12."

The great thing about FX-7 is the amount of easy repetition he has: just 3D sculpt ONE ARM and its channel.... then REPLICATE it 16 times around a cylinder.... and you then have nearly half of FX-7 finished.:dunno:lol

Even though he has a lot of little added parts, his overall base body is quite simple.

FX-7 also has the same amount of Kenner mojo as 21B because FX-7 was in the first ten ESB figs that Kenner released, so he's technically in the ESB equivalent of the "original 12."

:lol:rotfl:lol

The print is looking great next to screen sources Rusty!

The only thing I may do is add a couple of thin metal washers to lengthen the neck slightly and add the metal ring that sits between his head and neck.

VUHTcTl.png

RVfN9I7.png

Kits should be arriving to me in the next week or so. If anyone wants to settle up their balances now so they are ready to ship, just message me!
Thanks, can't wait!

Looks gorgeous!!

You're message folder is full. So I'll just let you know here, I can pay off what I owe ya :hi5:

Wow, didn't know this had even shipped yet, but I just received my 2-1B today and it looks absolutely amazing!! And the parts are so smooth and clean as well. I assumed I would need to sand the heck out of these first like with other resin kits, but doesn't look like I'll need to do hardly any of that.

Thanks again. :D

Just got home and surprisingly found this already arrived as well :panic:

Extremely well cast with all the pieces fitting perfectly. Having the clear torso and neck is such a great design option.
Well done, Jason, and thank you! :hi5

I love surprises! & I was definitely surprised when I got home. With the way the last few days have been, I'd forgotten this was coming.
All I have to say is.... HOLY COW THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!! The details in the casting are fantastic, & everything goes together so perfectly. I can't wait to get started on this piece. Making the head & torso clear... brilliant. :clap

(right click to open larger versions)

Multi arm (16 all the same) - purple and green arrows show same parts in different pics as ref points:

sdZY5iN.jpg

Main "probe" arm:

j6TXZi6.jpg

Well I decided to jump right into this, and start with lighting up the head. I'm not sure how others will approach this, but the only thing I could think of was to cut out the back of the head and dremel out a cavity for the light. And then afterwards I can just seal up the back again. I know I could probably just drill a hole up the neck and slide in an LED, but I also wanted to see the big socket and part of his brain you see inside there. And so this seemed like the only way to do that.

I also added some extra pitting, based on the shot below. Although I'm kinda undecided if it's too much now. On the figure from a normal viewing distance it seems to look pretty natural, but in these closeups I know it looks pretty extreme. There was even more pitting on the prop, but don't think I'd want to go quite that far with it. Lol

I also added some extra parts around the eyes, but there's still a couple other bit I need to make for it.

20201031_120521 (2).jpg

20201102_210213 (2).jpg

20201102_202632 (2).jpg

20201102_202507 (2).jpg

img001rr.jpg

Well I decided to jump right into this, and start with lighting up the head. I'm not sure how others will approach this, but the only thing I could think of was to cut out the back of the head and dremel out a cavity for the light. And then afterwards I can just seal up the back again. I know I could probably just drill a hole up the neck and slide in an LED, but I also wanted to see the big socket and part of his brain you see inside there. And so this seemed like the only way to do that.

I also added some extra pitting, based on the shot below. Although I'm kinda undecided if it's too much now. On the figure from a normal viewing distance it seems to look pretty natural, but in these closeups I know it looks pretty extreme. There was even more pitting on the prop, but don't think I'd want to go quite that far with it. Lol

I also added some extra parts around the eyes, but there's still a couple other bit I need to make for it.

View attachment 498818

View attachment 498819

View attachment 498820

View attachment 498821

View attachment 498822

Holy crap that's gorgeous!

I honestly think if you're going for screen accuracy that more pitting wouldn't be a bad thing but if you do remember to make it that way throughout the body too. Might be a bit to chew off lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back