2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. UPDATE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. Taking Deposits!

FB seems so impersonal and not as easy to navigate to the topics I'm interested in as here.

Don't know maybe that's just me ?

Yeah that's why I personally like forums better. FB keeps all the threads too but they're all in one giant group and impossible to sort and search through. There's threads here that were created a decade ago that still get some posts. So much easier to look back when you need to.

That said I still do Facebook for groups because there's so much going on. RustyJ if you haven't posted in at least One Sixth Republic, you've gotta, I'm sure you'll have more interest there.

Printing is under way! I just heard from the printing facility, and the cavities in the legs and head can't be molded properly, so they will be filled in. Head and torso will be clear, and some drilling may need to take place to run wires from head to toe. All good otherwise!!

Printing is under way! I just heard from the printing facility, and the cavities in the legs and head can't be molded properly, so they will be filled in. Head and torso will be clear, and some drilling may need to take place to run wires from head to toe. All good otherwise!!

:clap

That's awesome Rusty - hopefully the print is matching the sculpt well. Size-wise, the blueprint of 21B shows he is supposed to be exactly 6' tall, so exactly 12" in 1/6 scale.

And are the legs one long piece or are they divided 1/2 way like at the knees? It will be hard to drill through the leg (ie keep the drill bit straight and not possibly wander/break out the side of the leg 1/2 way through the drilling) if it's one long single piece.

Seems like the vast majority of collectors hang out on FB groups like One Sixth Republic now.

FB has evolved into the go-to place for the over-40s set, regardless of interests.:lol Not surprised 1/6 would follow given its somewhat older demographic. Hey, who can afford 1/6 figures these days other than an over-40?:dunno

Honestly I don't see the need to drill through the legs for the wires. I've always been able to hide mine perfectly well behind the legs of the many figures I've wired up, since I never see back there anyway. And plus he's a droid so a few extra wires won't seem that out of place on him. ;)

On Facebook for Star Wars there's also:

Clone Wars Collectors Group
Toche Station One Sixth...
Mos Eisley One Sixth Scale Star Wars Community

For what i am into, this is still my favorite place. Especially with cool customs like Rusty and the gang are putting together!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

My curiosity is getting the better of me, do you know when we will be able to see how 2-1b turns out from the printer?

Hopefully soon, I'm just as curious! I'll post as soon as I see anything!

Excited to see, Rusty! For reference I compiled a composite of images to show the complete figure:

u7XIB6x.png

Updated Treadwell sculpt!
Treads.jpg

21-B update attached!
Super happy with the prints!
Appropriate parts will be cast clear!
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.22.36 PM copy.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.22.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.22.36 PM.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 113
Looking great Rusty.

Are you going to cast the thin parts like the arms or be including those as 3D prints while the rest is resin casts? The arms seem like they will be very difficult to cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back