Action Figure 1987 Predator Headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph_Sutter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

PredFixes.jpg

PredFixes3.jpg

I'm working on producing a HS of the 1987 Predator that will fit on the HT Classic Pred body. I've also created a thread in the interest section:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106324

Basically, I will be producing several heads (different expressions, bio version, etc.)

The sculpt itself is nearing completion, but feedback would be appreciated! I want to make this as good as I can! :)

Hope you guys are interested! I need 30 people to make this happen :)

- R.

You're looking at them :) It's completely digital at the moment. I will print this out using a 3D printer. I will use the resulting print to make my master mold :)

Hope that makes sense!

Do you have a price point for painted and unpainted? Also will the dreds be rubber?

@ ed: The sculpt will come fully painted and with dreds. The dreds will be HT dreds :) So yes, they are rubber.

As far as pricing goes, I'm trying to keep it within the $90 -100 range.

looks good. I would make the mandibles more pronounced. Increase the thickness and length of the mandible(s) (teeth). The mandibles are one of the major defining features and they cannot be over-looked. I think the brow line should be "tightened" up a smidge. It looks a tiny bit "saggy" where it meets his nasal area.

here is a nice reference pic for the brow line and the mandibles:
714b19918878b917_large.jpg

Thanks so much for the feedback guys! Really want to make this as awesome and accurate as possible. I've been spending a lot of time on his facial proportions and have already made quite a bit of progress:
Pred_Changes.jpg

Let me know if you guys think it's heading in the right direction! :)

Everything brow up is looking great, but those mandibles get me. The lower ones, the teeth themselves look too long, due to the fact that the face is too tall. The Pred's face is supposed to be shorter, as in more pudged/squeezed in. Those bottom mandibles need shorter teeth and their chin/bottom jaw part needs to be brought up. Just my two cents.

Back