12 shot dead at movie theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
same with me. As a matter of fact I would prefer it if you gave up driving because I don't think your as safe as I would like you to be and I am afraid to have you on the road with my family.

I wonder if your position would be changed if you were one of the many people who has been saved by a regular citizen carrying a gun?

since your so big on proving your statistics I would think you would have already posted them to back up your statement :rotfl
Damn, If you ever make it to Central Pa. LMK, I owe you a couple beers or hell even lunch for your common sense posts!

I'm all for owning guns I just laugh at the idea that if 50 people had been carrying in that theatre that there would be less deaths or injuries. I know you think you are the best sharp shooter in the history of the world but not everyone else is. Would you trust a stranger to drive your infant home? Would you trust a stranger to shoot around your baby in the dark?

Your user name is CSi so u must a big shot jack bauer home security guy. Since you are such a marksmen, mind sharing your real name and accomplishments in shooting. My wife works for homeland security, she can see if you've won any awards.

and that comment is laughable

you don't think 50 people sitting in the theatre,who were armed,and all of them would just sit there and do nothing while someone is pumping bullets into the crowd??? :cuckoo:

reality check dude....there are people who are not cowards,but perhaps unlike yourself,when confronted with evil

Any chance of this getting back to the discussion at hand now that chuckles seems to be done arguing with everyone over every single thing they post?

Minuteman- An armed man pledged to be ready to fight on a minute's notice just before and during the Revolutionary War in the United States.

Is the Revolutionary War still going on? Is the threat of a British invasion still a hot topic? Does the US have a military? The US has a military budget of approx. 700+ billion... The country that's even close to that is China with over 140 billion... I think your military should be able to handle security for the next few decades.

The right to bear arms by civilians is not insurance against foreign invasion. It is insurance against the U.S. government becoming a new King George. Or worse.

I've never once defended this guy. I take great umbrage that people compare me to this guy. Guess what? I have 2 handguns, a shot gun, and an AR-15 rifle, just like this guy. I'm pretty sure that this guy had to have back ground checks done, just like I did. You're calling this guy a psycho for having the exact same things I have. I don't take to kindly people calling me a psycho. Am I going to "lose it"? Absolutely not because I'm not a psycho like this guy is.

Lol...I had this same conversation at the gym. I have 2 AR-15s, an AK-47, recently purchased a shotgun, and own too many handguns to count. I collect guns as a hobby. Does this make me a bad person?

I share some of the same psyhcosocial features as Jason Holmes...couple speeding tickets, higher level education, and apparently I spend too much time on the internet so this makes me scary.

The right to bear arms by civilians is not insurance against foreign invasion. It is insurance against the U.S. government becoming a new King George. Or worse.

I understand the logic-- I merely question the validity of it. It seems like an outdated possibility... maybe in 1812 it was something to consider-- 2012 would seem to be a different time.

A serious question hairlesswookiee, do you really think and fear that this will happen to you and your family in your neighborhood? If so, I feel for you.:monkey2

I do realize that different parts of the world have more problems than others, but wow. This thread is very depressing, I will avoid it going forward. Back to having my head in the clouds dreaming of the perfect rendition of my favourite child-hood and movie related toys.:peace
Do you really go through life thinking it can't? Countless stories on the internet, Search for them. One that gets me is one that happened about 2 years ago. 2 ex cons followed a doctor home. Waited until dark and broke in. Beat him nearly to death, tied his daughters and his wife to their beds, raped the younger one who I think was 12 at the time, then burned the house down with the kids and wife still tied to their beds. Husband survived. If you don't think something like this can happen to you then I truly feel for you then.

Not my founding fathers...

Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People (from gunpolicy.org):

U.S.A 2.98
Can .5
France .23
Australia .1
UK .03

All democratic nations with gun regulations-- only one continues to point to an almighty second amendment as if their own government (which is itself The People) were scheming to dominate them as a former world superpower attempted to dominate a bunch of farmers in one of their colonies... The types of guns that can be purchased by the average citizen are insane. Ignorance is indeed bliss... It's a shame that some are too busy screaming about perceived enemies in the dark to see the direction that our society is heading in... I'm not afraid of my government... my law enforcement... my military... but I am afraid of that introverted socially inept (thanks internet) loner who has access to semi-automatics, glocks, gas grenades, and all types of high-death toll weapons who wants to strike back at normal people for his perceived slights.

When does a hunter ever use an AR-15 assault rifle?...

It's a terrible tragedy.

hmm, I seem to have found different statistics

https://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita.

# 1 Turkey: 184.053 per 1 million people
# 2 Belarus: 100.35 per 1 million people
# 3 Lithuania: 81.84 per 1 million people
# 4 Albania: 80.637 per 1 million people
# 5 Estonia: 79.043 per 1 million people
# 6 Ukraine: 47.841 per 1 million people
# 7 Turkmenistan: 45.335 per 1 million people
# 8 Latvia: 44.17 per 1 million people
# 9 Croatia: 42.59 per 1 million people
# 10 Romania: 39.226 per 1 million people
# 11 Tajikistan: 33.824 per 1 million people
# 12 Finland: 32.73 per 1 million people
# 13 Slovenia: 22.027 per 1 million people
# 14 Bulgaria: 20.522 per 1 million people
# 15 Hungary: 19.391 per 1 million people
# 16 Sweden: 18.02 per 1 million people
# 17 Belgium: 17.929 per 1 million people
# 18 Australia: 17.007 per 1 million people
# 19 Portugal: 15.298 per 1 million people
# 20 Switzerland: 13.169 per 1 million people
# 21 Italy: 12.259 per 1 million people
# 22 Slovakia: 10.957 per 1 million people
# 23 Poland: 9.813 per 1 million people
# 24 Denmark: 9.395 per 1 million people
# 25 Netherlands: 8.674 per 1 million people

another interesting fact from the site you cited is:

2009: 2.985
2008: 3.12
2007: 3.36
2006: 3.42
2005: 3.43

the last five years of the data (only goes to 2009) shows a steady decrease in gun deaths.

hmm, I seem to have found different statistics

https://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita.

# 1 Turkey: 184.053 per 1 million people
# 2 Belarus: 100.35 per 1 million people
# 3 Lithuania: 81.84 per 1 million people
# 4 Albania: 80.637 per 1 million people
# 5 Estonia: 79.043 per 1 million people
# 6 Ukraine: 47.841 per 1 million people
# 7 Turkmenistan: 45.335 per 1 million people
# 8 Latvia: 44.17 per 1 million people
# 9 Croatia: 42.59 per 1 million people
# 10 Romania: 39.226 per 1 million people
# 11 Tajikistan: 33.824 per 1 million people
# 12 Finland: 32.73 per 1 million people
# 13 Slovenia: 22.027 per 1 million people
# 14 Bulgaria: 20.522 per 1 million people
# 15 Hungary: 19.391 per 1 million people
# 16 Sweden: 18.02 per 1 million people
# 17 Belgium: 17.929 per 1 million people
# 18 Australia: 17.007 per 1 million people
# 19 Portugal: 15.298 per 1 million people
# 20 Switzerland: 13.169 per 1 million people
# 21 Italy: 12.259 per 1 million people
# 22 Slovakia: 10.957 per 1 million people
# 23 Poland: 9.813 per 1 million people
# 24 Denmark: 9.395 per 1 million people
# 25 Netherlands: 8.674 per 1 million people

another interesting fact from the site you cited is:

2009: 2.985
2008: 3.12
2007: 3.36
2006: 3.42
2005: 3.43

the last five years of the data (only goes to 2009) shows a steady decrease in gun deaths.

Well, DarthNeil was quoting "gun homicides" not total, but the two datas matched just go to show even with the stricter gun control alot of places still have more murder per capita pretty much making the "OMG you let people have guns" complainers arguments even more invalid. :panic:

I understand the logic-- I merely question the validity of it. It seems like an outdated possibility... maybe in 1812 it was something to consider-- 2012 would seem to be a different time.

The England of 1812 is far lesser a threat than the American government in 2012. The 1776 conditions were a pittance compared to what they get away with now.

I've never once defended this guy. I take great umbrage that people compare me to this guy. Guess what? I have 2 handguns, a shot gun, and an AR-15 rifle, just like this guy. I'm pretty sure that this guy had to have back ground checks done, just like I did. You're calling this guy a psycho for having the exact same things I have. I don't take to kindly people calling me a psycho. Am I going to "lose it"? Absolutely not because I'm not a psycho like this guy is.

thats his M.O. If he can't back up his point with facts he resorts to insulting you.

Minuteman- An armed man pledged to be ready to fight on a minute's notice just before and during the Revolutionary War in the United States.

Is the Revolutionary War still going on? Is the threat of a British invasion still a hot topic? Does the US have a military? The US has a military budget of approx. 700+ billion... The country that's even close to that is China with over 140 billion... I think your military should be able to handle security for the next few decades.

The US is constantly subject to attacks and threats from people who believe our way of life is evil. Random people could in fact find themselves having to defend themselves from terrorist attacks at a moments notice. So to your very specific point about Minutemen, yes there is always a chance you will be need to act. The broader point is being able to defend yourself, your family, and/or other people from deranged psychos, thieves, rapists, murderers, etc .

Damn, If you ever make it to Central Pa. LMK, I owe you a couple beers or hell even lunch for your common sense posts!

If your ever down in GA I'll offer the same. :hi5:

True story. It is a law in my city that every house MUST own a gun. Obviously it's not enforced, but I'll be damned if it isn't a safe area. Seems to work wonders as a deterrent for break ins.

Well, DarthNeil was quoting "gun homicides" not total, but the two datas matched just go to show even with the stricter gun control alot of places still have more murder per capita pretty much making the "OMG you let people have guns" complainers arguments even more invalid. :panic:

damn, I did a search for gun homicides and that is what came up. My bad.

Not my founding fathers...

Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People (from gunpolicy.org):

U.S.A 2.98
Can .5
France .23
Australia .1
UK .03

All democratic nations with gun regulations-- only one continues to point to an almighty second amendment as if their own government (which is itself The People) were scheming to dominate them as a former world superpower attempted to dominate a bunch of farmers in one of their colonies... The types of guns that can be purchased by the average citizen are insane. Ignorance is indeed bliss... It's a shame that some are too busy screaming about perceived enemies in the dark to see the direction that our society is heading in... I'm not afraid of my government... my law enforcement... my military... but I am afraid of that introverted socially inept (thanks internet) loner who has access to semi-automatics, glocks, gas grenades, and all types of high-death toll weapons who wants to strike back at normal people for his perceived slights.

When does a hunter ever use an AR-15 assault rifle?...

It's a terrible tragedy.
If you're not afraid of your government then you're not paying attention. In states that allow hunting with a semi-automatic many people use them for hunting and for varmint killing. The .223 round is a very common round to use. Most people know jack ____ about AR-15's other then they look scary. Most people say "oh I'm fine with hunting rifles, it's those damn machine guns". They don't know, from a ballistic stand point, that your hunting rifles fire a much more lethal round at a higher velocity.

True story. It is a law in my city that every house MUST own a gun. Obviously it's not enforced, but I'll be damned if it isn't a safe area. Seems to work wonders as a deterrent for break ins.

Do they provide training for it? Does the individual have to buy the gun, or does the city provide it?

My mom called me about it this morning and wondered why someone didn't realize the suspect needed psychological help. I told her that if you're to the point that you start to plan out crap like this, it might be no return from it. That said, if I was a movie goer and had a chance to take a shot, I would

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back