12 shot dead at movie theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I honestly on my life, my wife's life Andy baby's life I had no idea. He said deaths. He didn't clarify it why would you classify who dies? It's still a death. To classify it would throw the whole argument out the window.

Oh, then make sure you spend your free time looking up all the suicides and car related deaths too, guess maybe you should include old age related deaths... why don't you get a powerpoint back to us by this time tomorrow night. :rotfl

Or maybe instead of trolling the internet, you should go spend some time with your pregnant wife. You were at this before I went to dinner and you're still at it.

funny-real-Call-of-Duty-players.jpg

Nope.. I respect that. And if you are what you say you are, you should be furious with this guy..not defending him and his right to buy guns. My boss shoots every weekend. I get it, it's a hobby. But when someone buys an ak47, shotgun and 2 pistols questions should be asked. If the gun seller had mentioned something tithe cops maybe this would have never happened. I would never take guns out of responsible owners. The question is how to we determine who is responsible? Most people here don't want any background check. I think that's scary.

I don't see anyone (in this thread) defending the guy. He was mentally ill and could have thought up many other different ways to kill someone. The point most people are making is that taking away their right to bear arms isn't going to change psychos from killing. How many serial killers have there been that never used guns?

If you think buying a gun makes you safer then so be it. Just make sure you get trained and have a lock especially if you have a little one. But if you think owning a gun will turn the economy around then...:dunno

Buying a gun isn't going to turn the economy around, but there are a lot more desperate people out there looking to make a quick buck any way they can. So when they try to break into my house or hold up my wife on the street I may wish to defend my family. Its really not that crazy a notion.

There is a bill here in Virginia to allow 8 year olds to carry guns to school. Is that too young for you?

What does that have to do with my point? I was referring to my state's laws for buying a gun. At those ages people are considered adults. I learned how to shoot at 6 so I guess 8 isn't too young.

Why is that scary? If someone breaks into my house with intent to kill me or my family members I seriously doubt they'll wait for me to load my guns.

A serious question hairlesswookiee, do you really think and fear that this will happen to you and your family in your neighborhood? If so, I feel for you.:monkey2

I do realize that different parts of the world have more problems than others, but wow. This thread is very depressing, I will avoid it going forward. Back to having my head in the clouds dreaming of the perfect rendition of my favourite child-hood and movie related toys.:peace

I don't see anyone (in this thread) defending the guy. He was mentally ill and could have thought up many other different ways to kill someone. The point most people are making is that taking away their right to bear arms isn't going to change psychos from killing. How many serial killers have there been that never used guns?

Buying a gun isn't going to turn the economy around, but there are a lot more desperate people out there looking to make a quick buck any way they can. So when they try to break into my house or hold up my wife on the street I may wish to defend my family. Its really not that crazy a notion.

A serial killer doesn't kill with a gun. The better question is how many random shootings have we had. How many death by gun compared to deaths by knife or punches or staples.

:clap

Thank you for not backing down on that point. There is something really disturbing in only counting American (or Western) soldiers.
What point? It's plain to see he was comparing homicides in Chicago to American troops killed in Afghanistan. This isn't about saying ____ you to anyone else killed there, just a comparison between Americans killed in Chicago and Americans killed in a war zone.

so your one of those guys that likes to twist other people words to distort facts and make things seem to be other then what they are?

My numbers match perfectly fine with the point I was trying to make, in fact you posted almost the same numbers in Afghanistan when you were trying to show me up. The point is Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and yet more citizens have been killed there in the last then years then those serving in a war zone.
It's apparent to those of us who aren't deliberately being obtuse.

There is a bill here in Virginia to allow 8 year olds to carry guns to school. Is that too young for you?

link to back this up? Right now from what I can see guns laws require you to be 18 for a long gun and 21 for a hand gun in Virginia :dunno

A serious question hairlesswookiee, do you really think and fear that this will happen to you and your family in your neighborhood? If so, I feel for you.:monkey2

I wonder if the people of Aurora thought this would happen when they bought their movie tickets. I don't think or fear that anything will happen, but I'm prepared for what can happen.

Oh, then make sure you spend your free time looking up all the suicides and car related deaths too, guess maybe you should include old age related deaths... why don't you get a powerpoint back to us by this time tomorrow night. :rotfl

Or maybe instead of trolling the internet, you should go spend some time with your pregnant wife. You were at this before I went to dinner and you're still at it.

Don't you worry about my pregnant wife you sicko. Want to talk about trolling you are the one timing how long I've been on here. And never bring up my family...don't you worry about how much time I spend with her.

And I'm off. Anytime someone brings up a personal thing like my wife being pregnant and timing how long I've been posting I know I'm dealing with a sicko stalker.

A serial killer doesn't kill with a gun. The better question is how many random shootings have we had. How many death by gun compared to deaths by knife or punches or staples.

making all guns illegal isn't going to change any of that.

"If guns are outlawed, only the government [and outlaws] will have guns." - Edward Abbey

criminals will still find ways to get guns, except in your world, regular people like me won't have any way to defend themselves.

making all guns illegal isn't going to change any of that.

"If guns are outlawed, only the government [and outlaws] will have guns." - Edward Abbey

criminals will still find ways to get guns, except in your world, regular people like me won't have any way to defend themselves.

Luckily, I'm diverse enough with my bo-staff skills. I've also been taking up archery lately.

same with me. As a matter of fact I would prefer it if you gave up driving because I don't think your as safe as I would like you to be and I am afraid to have you on the road with my family.

I wonder if your position would be changed if you were one of the many people who has been saved by a regular citizen carrying a gun?

i dont trust anyone else on the road either. and you have the right attitude to not trust me on the road.

I don't think there's anything wrong with owning a gun...it's just that most people simply aren't responsible enough.

A few months ago I was watching the news and some young couple with their three-year-old kid stopped at a gas station (or wherever). They had a hand gun with them and decided to hide it under the car seat so no one would see it and steal it while they went in the gas station.

The three-year-old somehow grabs the gun and shoots him/herself...dead.

That's not some rare incident either. You hear about stuff like this all the time.

I just don't understand how a complete ____ing moron like that can be allowed the ownership of a gun.

A distant friend of mine was actually shot in the head and killed a few years ago because he and another kid were messing around with a shotgun that his parents just left loaded laying in the closet. The parents weren't home.

If I ever decided to own a gun someday, I would be completely responsible with it. The problem is that MANY people won't and aren't. And because of that...I don't think they should be allowed to own them.
I think whatever process you go through to obtain a gun should be far more intense and organized. More thorough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back