12 shot dead at movie theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really go through life thinking it can't? Countless stories on the internet, Search for them. One that gets me is one that happened about 2 years ago. 2 ex cons followed a doctor home. Waited until dark and broke in. Beat him nearly to death, tied his daughters and his wife to their beds, raped the younger one who I think was 12 at the time, then burned the house down with the kids and wife still tied to their beds. Husband survived. If you don't think something like this can happen to you then I truly feel for you then.

Some of you make it sound like guns are the only good option in home invasions. A good security system,a big dog, self defense and being aware of your surroundings will prevent a large amount of home break ins alone. Not even having a gun would do much if someone plans long enough to break into your home.

If you're not afraid of your government then you're not paying attention.

seriously? As F'd up as this country is, I'm not afraid of the govt, but I sure as hell don't like them. You sound like Dale from King of the Hill. I don't know anyone that's "scared" of the govt :dunno. I'm worried about what's going on around me, not what could be going on around me.

My mom called me about it this morning and wondered why someone didn't realize the suspect needed psychological help. I told her that if you're to the point that you start to plan out crap like this, it might be no return from it. That said, if I was a movie goer and had a chance to take a shot, I would

I hope it's a point blank shot then.

Good point. My wife just asked me what I would've done if this happened to us in the theater. I told her I'd throw her down, and push her ass as fast as possible. She was surprised, and asked why I wouldn't shoot at the guy. I replied that because of the possibility of hitting someone else, or even one of the little kids, that I would only shoot at the person if I saw them directly coming towards us.

I hope all gun owners would take the same stance in this situation.

What if you saw his back turned to you with a clear line of fire?

I think most people would, but in this circumstance, I doubt it would've been a good idea with so many people all over the place, smoke and darkness. Not to mention, the guy is wearing full armor from head to toe, so you shoot, it does nothing, he turns around and kills you. If one is capable of it, tackling the guy and holding him down would be a better idea imo. Just make sure you get wrist control :lecture

Why did he tell the police about the boobytrapped apt?

I don't believe he did? I don't remember, but I believe they stumbled upon that themselves. They knew something was a miss with the loud music I assume.

He told them he had explosives in his car. They stripped the car and found none. They are now saying they aren't sure if he did tell. The police if he had boobytrapped the apt. He also has retained an attorney now. He possibly could have been planning this since April.

409705_443370315686155_72489310_n.jpg

I would think that the last thing some of those people are gonna want to see is someone reminding them of the movie they went to see that led to all that carnage.

^ Because no one is at Medea. Everyone is at TDKR. It's the most anticipated film of the year.

I would think that the last thing some of those people are gonna want to see is someone reminding them of the movie they went to see that led to all that carnage.

that's kinda what I was thinking, plus having Bale in the costume show up might just freak them out, specially if he does the method acting thing and he goes and says in the gargoyle voice "How are you kids? Im Batman" :panic:

I would think a simple letter of sincere remorse for their troubles and a Batman package full of free Batman stuff signed by the cast and a free copy of the film to watch in the safety of their home.

this is in such bad taste, so tasteless,
I know they wanna help but waht the f__k are they thinking?

603573_10151023226757978_1645686350_n.jpg

Heart is in the right place, but using that image is pretty insensitive.

Really sad to hear about this. I can't imagine how frightening it must have been for the victims and how painful it must be for their friends and families. I wish this didn't happen.

Heart is in the right place, but using that image is pretty insensitive.

Really sad to hear about this. I can't imagine how frightening it must have been for the victims and how painful it must be for their friends and families. I wish this didn't happen.

I wish so to my friend, its so horrible

Theres just pure evil in this world. And the victims were fans just like us, so scary to even think about.

As pathetic as I felt, I actually looked at the exit doors a few times. I ain't afraid of ____ but sitting there next to my wife and brother in law you can't help but feel a little helpless every now and then.

I dont know how I can go to the movies again without feeling paranoid,
I think is just impossible

I plan on going this Sunday. Fear isn't going to stop me from doing things I love. I will still fly even though 9/11 happened. You can't let fear rule your life.

I plan on going this Sunday. Fear isn't going to stop me from doing things I love. I will still fly even though 9/11 happened. You can't let fear rule your life.

the fear I have is for a copycat,
9/11 is different, i would only be afraid if i was going to new york, which I did go to new york 2 years ago, and I Did feel fear, When we were arriving I felt nervous, I went in December, and it was scary, I know it is irrational, but, whatyougonnado :dunno

These are not irrational fears they are based on the very real possibility of a second or third attack of a similar nature. There are just too many crazies out there. The subject matter of Nolans Batman movie is appealing to these guys in the wrong way. Listen if hey are putting cops outside theatres in NYC. There IS reason to be cautious. Added security in UK as well.

And I'd like to ask all the board freaks who defiantly said the killings were not related to Batman yesterday, to come back on and discuss this now? Any suggestion that this creep was actually a Batman freak was aggressively dismissed by them. Well, turns out he was.

Are you people serious,"if I had a shot I would take it"I can almost garentee whether you had a gun or not you probly would ran for the door.I would have.something like this happens so fast that most people probly never saw the shooter.it was a dark movie theater and you think you can aim and hit 1 guy while everyone around you is panicking.not possible.your gonna end up shooting and killing an inocent person.

I think most people would, but in this circumstance, I doubt it would've been a good idea with so many people all over the place, smoke and darkness. Not to mention, the guy is wearing full armor from head to toe, so you shoot, it does nothing, he turns around and kills you. If one is capable of it, tackling the guy and holding him down would be a better idea imo. Just make sure you get wrist control :lecture

The question regarded an available shot. Not chaos, hysteria and disorientation. Otherwise I would have said, if there were people all around you, and you couldn't see, but you had a general idea where the shooter was, would you fire indiscriminately in that general direction, and hope you hit the right body?

These are not irrational fears they are based on the very real possibility of a second or third attack of a similar nature. There are just too many crazies out there. The subject matter of Nolans Batman movie is appealing to these guys in the wrong way. Listen if hey are putting cops outside theatres in NYC. There IS reason to be cautious. Added security in UK as well.

And I'd like to ask all the board freaks who defiantly said the killings were not related to Batman yesterday, to come back on and discuss this now? Any suggestion that this creep was actually a Batman freak was aggressively dismissed by them. Well, turns out he was.

I suspected that it had something to do with the violence of the Batman movie. Bane and all that. Destruction, ect. While I am a Batman fan, this new Batman is not my favorite.
I do not believe that this would be as likely to happen at a My Little Pony premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back