12" Diecast Iron Man Mk VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily enough I was thinking "have nt heard anything about this figure in ages" myself yesterday so I did a little digging around.On Facebook they replied to someone on December 30th saying they were close to production.

Please put this up for pre order before HT releases theirs. I want to know what kind of price I'm dealing with, so I can cancel my HT pre order :D

I'm not sure what my thoughts are on getting this one.
On one side, the nicer proportions and the heavy die-cast content is by far a major plus: when I opened my first HT IM (Avengers Mk.VI), I was surprised on how light and plastic-y it felt.
On the flipside, I already have the Mk.I ver2, Mk.II AU, Mk.IV Gantry, Mk.V, Mk.VI Avengers, and War Machine all from Hot Toys, and it'd feel really out of place if my Mk.VII was from a different company, especially seeing as how the ONLY 1/6 figures I buy are Ironmen..

Heres some info I just read:

Play Imaginative is thrilled to announce it has acquired a multi-territory licensing deal with MARVEL for its premium Super Alloy High End Collectible Figure product line. The initial lineup will be developed based on the Iron Man movies, with a focus on the upcoming movie Marvel's Iron Man 3 movie (premiering in 2013).

Twelve new figures are slated for release in 2013, six in 1/4 Scale and six in 1/12 Scale. Both the Super Alloy Collectible Figure 1/4 and 1/12 Scale will start off with Iron Man Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and War Machine, with the first release in June 2013. These Iron Man Super Alloy High End Collectible Figures will be available worldwide, excluding China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

The Super Alloy Collectible Figure is a premium line of quality collector figures ranging from 1/12 to 1/4 scale, made of 45-90% die-cast metal alloy, and featuring up to 60 points of articulation.

Heres some info I just read:

Play Imaginative is thrilled to announce it has acquired a multi-territory licensing deal with MARVEL for its premium Super Alloy High End Collectible Figure product line. The initial lineup will be developed based on the Iron Man movies, with a focus on the upcoming movie Marvel's Iron Man 3 movie (premiering in 2013).

Twelve new figures are slated for release in 2013, six in 1/4 Scale and six in 1/12 Scale. Both the Super Alloy Collectible Figure 1/4 and 1/12 Scale will start off with Iron Man Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and War Machine, with the first release in June 2013. These Iron Man Super Alloy High End Collectible Figures will be available worldwide, excluding China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

The Super Alloy Collectible Figure is a premium line of quality collector figures ranging from 1/12 to 1/4 scale, made of 45-90% die-cast metal alloy, and featuring up to 60 points of articulation.

So this Iron Man prototype we've been looking at all this time is either in 1/4 or 1/12 scale? Also what is the Mark 42? What happened with 8 through 41? :lol

So this Iron Man prototype we've been looking at all this time is either in 1/4 or 1/12 scale? Also what is the Mark 42? What happened with 8 through 41? :lol

Storage. Tony has suits hidden all over, each one designed for a specific purpose, close calls with death will make you paranoid.

A 1/4 scale die cast IM figure sounds really cool. I expect the price to be on the crazy side though.

Shame if this 1/6 scale IM figure isn't released. It's the IM figure I was wanting :thud:

Indeed.
I at least wanted to see in-hand pics to gauge qaulity and even, potentially, ditch the Hot Toys version in favor of this.

just on their facebook page and found this reply "Hello! we will be working in 1/4 and 1/12 scale for die-cast Iron Man, but we have ONE 1/6 die-cast Iron Man figure. Waiting for some approvals in order to make the announcement, which we are hoping will be reeeeally soon!" so it seems mkvii is still on :)

tumblr_lns48rKR3G1qii6tmo1_400.gif

1/4 scale die cast Iron Man... wow! :thud:

Just as a reference. Their Super Alloy Batman cost around $270 dollars and weights 1kg.

6f6.gif

Last edited:
just on their facebook page and found this reply "Hello! we will be working in 1/4 and 1/12 scale for die-cast Iron Man, but we have ONE 1/6 die-cast Iron Man figure. Waiting for some approvals in order to make the announcement, which we are hoping will be reeeeally soon!" so it seems mkvii is still on :)

Thats good!!I ll be gutted if they drop that even though the Hot Toys version is just around the corner.There was something about that figure that really appealed to me.

Yeah that was from me :lol

Back