12 days of Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested in the concept Boba Fett if it was actually the one concept Bobas. The figure they're releasing is just a white Boba Fett. If they actually did a figure where the armor what changed and based off the concept drawings, I might have bought one.

Seriously, SS? Releasing 12" figures of prototype designs is one of Sideshow's worst decisions ever (which takes some real effort).

While I respect McQuarrie and the other designers' visions, and realise that art goes through stages, there is a reason the finished design looks different: because it was noticeably better than the concept.

This may be the first Star Wars figure that gets cancelled after soliciting preorders. I find it hard to believe this can generate enough interest to break even.

The Star Wars concept art figures are an easy pass.
They should concentrate on producing actual figures from the movies and EU.
Finish the Bounty Hunters already!

Seriously, SS? Releasing 12" figures of prototype designs is one of Sideshow's worst decisions ever (which takes some real effort).

While I respect McQuarrie and the other designers' visions, and realise that art goes through stages, there is a reason the finished design looks different: because it was noticeably better than the concept.

This may be the first Star Wars figure that gets cancelled after soliciting preorders. I find it hard to believe this can generate enough interest to break even.

You must the MOST important part of the announcement.
It's STAR WARS
Which means it's gonna sell no matter what.

I can't believe folks want to buy that halfassed licorice pants Vayda, but poohpoo the McQuarrie designs as potential figure ideas.. :lol

Seems most of the mcq gentle giant stuff didn't do great if I'm not mistaken.

When it comes to Star Wars, there's enough interest to sell characters from any kind of source. Yet, i'd really appreciate it if Sideshow were to concentrate more on finishing sublines such as rebel soldiers, Bounty hunters or imperial troops instead of giving us figures from multiple material here and there.
As great as Mc Quarrie concept are, we'll most certainly get to see yet another Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper first and it could take (at least) a couple year for those three to land on our shelves. Seeing how Sideshow is handling this scale, gathering a significant set of 7 or 8 concept figures would clearly take us way beyond 2020.

I agree, I'd rather just have them finish out the things they've already started. I was just saying concept figures would be more interested than lame prototypes and EU characters if they went that way. I don't even get why this prototype Boba became popular.

with the way prices have jacked up so much lately, Im probably going to have to stick with OT characters from here on out.

Still hoping for more female figures soon.

I'm no more annoyed with a McQuarrie statue line than I am a Mythos line. I don't want statues. One is as useless to me as another.

As for figures, the only McQuarrie character I'd even consider is Vader.

I can fully understand how fans of his art would be all over this, whichever way it goes.

with the way prices have jacked up so much lately, Im probably going to have to stick with OT characters from here on out.

Still hoping for more female figures soon.

Agreed. I am only getting figures I really really want. And that's mainly ot.

Back