12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see the doily!

I also have to say, this one figure I hope never does a nose-dive... I could see the bow and arrows snapping pretty easily. Good one to use the stand with!

Hello all...

Just got my Exc. Aragorn and i must say I am very happy with him. When i got him home I was very nervous about opening him, but once he was open I was pretty happy with the end product. I seem to have gotten pretty lucky with my paint apps. Dont have to much to complain about there. The beard issue has been beaten to death. And I and VERY happy with the costume and accs. The "leather" work is prefectly done IMO. The coat is not shinny but did need a little dirtying up. I am damn saticfied with Aragorn!!!!

Oh, and there is a black bag, what the hell is that for?!?!?!?

King Darkness said:
!
Oh, and there is a black bag, what the hell is that for?!?!?!?

Welcome back married King!!!

I had the same question, on the inside flap image of Aragorns back it looks like the arrows are kept inside of the bag. Not sure why, but thats where it was sticking out of.

galactiboy said:
Welcome back married King!!!

I had the same question, on the inside flap image of Aragorns back it looks like the arrows are kept inside of the bag. Not sure why, but thats where it was sticking out of.

Thanks Gb. I see the pic you are refering to, but I dont see a reason to put the arrows in the bag. I'll just leave them out, looks better that way.

Yep, its an arrow sleeve... here's a pic from Sideshow's site:

9206_press08-001.jpg

So has anyone else had a hard time with the quiver?! The strap is really tight. :confused:

Good pics GB!!

Thanks the doily will be a main stay in all LOTR pics like with SW.

Matt I'll check it and make sure. I probably got it upside down.

LOTRFan said:
So has anyone else had a hard time with the quiver?! The strap is really tight. :confused:

You can adjust it by sliding the ring around, just like a belt. I'd be patient with it since I imagine snapping the ring would be very easy to do.

galactiboy said:
You can adjust it by sliding the ring around, just like a belt. I'd be patient with it since I imagine snapping the ring would be very easy to do.

I tried that, but the strap seems like has more of a simulated use than being really adjustable. It connects under the buckle, so you really can't loosen it much.

:confused:

You tried to adjust this buckle:

aragorncircle.jpg

One side of the strap does connect to the bottom of the buckle, but you need to adjust the top of the strap above that connection. What I had to do, was slide the loose part of the strap back into the buckle, then pull the exess from that back into the part of the strap that connected to the quiver. It can be a tight maneuver, but I adjusted it twice already and it worked fine.

Surely not dumb, probably more cautious than anything. I did revise my response since your right the bottom of the strap connects, but the top of the strap is adjustable. It makes more sense in the original post.

galactiboy said:
Surely not dumb, probably more cautious than anything. I did revise my response since your right the bottom of the strap connects, but the top of the strap is adjustable. It makes more sense in the original post.

You didn't make me feel dumb, I guess I am the only one having this problem though :p. I will try that, thanks for the help. :D

I figured out it wasn't upside down. I just needed to reloop it because it was looped wrong.

I got Aragorn today and just like the star wars figures, he is much better in person than in any photo. I'd say he is a 3 to a 3 1/2 star figure. Very well done. He just has too much crap :lol

From my experience, a figure is very good if it can be photographed well or not well at all. This is one of those "not well at all" figures.

I notice everyone putting the quiver of arrows behind Aragorn's left shoulder, shouldn't they be behind his right shoulder?

Photographing him is hard, but I think that Wor Gar has really shown what a little bit of alteration can do. I've never altered a figure, but I think taking a bit of hair off the beard like he did will really make a huge difference.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I notice everyone putting the quiver of arrows behind Aragorn's left shoulder, shouldn't they be behind his right shoulder?

I guess they would if he holds the bow with his left hand? I just copied off the box and everyone else :D

LOTRFan,
I had the same problems with the belt for the quiver, and I used a tweezers to gently loosen the strap to let it hang a little lower on his chest. It is probably as fragile as it looks, but with care you should be okay!
Thanks for all the cool pics! My exclusive version is due to arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait to display him with his cloak and pipe!

Back