11 Inch Teenag Mutant Ninja Turtles Figure Review!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got them this weekend. I love them all. I have no problem with Raphs darker colour tone. They all have different shades of green. I really like the coloured weapons and actual chains being used. Raphs extra weapons are somewhat disappointing. They don't look special and look more like half sais
I got my order from Toysrus.com because Canada doesn't seem like we will be seeing there big guys soon. My Turtles have paint marks all over the arms and head. I'm not sure if it's from the factory or shipping.

Just got them this weekend. I love them all. I have no problem with Raphs darker colour tone. They all have different shades of green. I really like the coloured weapons and actual chains being used. Raphs extra weapons are somewhat disappointing. They don't look special and look more like half sais
I got my order from Toysrus.com because Canada doesn't seem like we will be seeing there big guys soon. My Turtles have paint marks all over the arms and head. I'm not sure if it's from the factory or shipping.

Yeah the only thing I hate about them is the open design packaging:(

Snatched up the 1/6 Leonardo, couldn't resist. I like that they are different heights and skin tones and have different expressions, it's cool that they aren't cookie-cutter. I have this sinking feeling that I will end up buying a whole set of the big turtles as well as the smaller ones, I've been wanting some decent ninja turtles figures for years now.

Snatched up the 1/6 Leonardo, couldn't resist. I like that they are different heights and skin tones and have different expressions, it's cool that they aren't cookie-cutter. I have this sinking feeling that I will end up buying a whole set of the big turtles as well as the smaller ones, I've been wanting some decent ninja turtles figures for years now.

I recommend them all but the big ones for sure, if you have wanted turtles in 1:6 scale this maybe your only chance. The 11" ones have the best weapons too, they are all painted and have the painted eyes too which I like, the shell storage of weapons is great and they look great on display. The little ones have the extra elbow articulation which is cool but don't have as cool a presentation on the shelf.

Well I finally started my customization on the 11' brothers Mikey was first. First pic is the way it looked original, then my version.

d966c39a.jpg
[/IMG]

3f91afd3.jpg
[/IMG]

And here it is in my comic/cartoon look

aa3860f3.jpg
[/IMG]
And..
06549370.jpg
[/IMG]
99c96df0.jpg
[/IMG]
ffd57c0f.jpg
[/IMG]
and finally, (but this image is blurry, sorry)
fd49561b.jpg

Next Is Leonardo!

Nice job with the weathering on Mikey! :clap

I recommend them all but the big ones for sure, if you have wanted turtles in 1:6 scale this maybe your only chance. The 11" ones have the best weapons too, they are all painted and have the painted eyes too which I like, the shell storage of weapons is great and they look great on display. The little ones have the extra elbow articulation which is cool but don't have as cool a presentation on the shelf.

Thanks for the insight, I've definitely got the fever now. I'm sure I will end up getting them all. What stores are carrying the big Turtles besides Toys R Us? I looked at Wal Mart.com and I saw they are carrying the smaller Turtles and the talking turtles but i didn't see the big ones.

I was hoping to score some cheaper if possible, TRU is always higher thqan everywhere else unless it's clearance or a sale.

Mikey looks awesome, paint his eyes white and it'd be perfect (i don't like the pupils on turtle figures)

Great job, really makes him look like he lives in a sewer:lol The black wash you did brings out the details in the sculpt great, but maybe tone it down just a little bit, it looks good but just a little too dirty:wink1:

Thanks for the insight, I've definitely got the fever now. I'm sure I will end up getting them all. What stores are carrying the big Turtles besides Toys R Us? I looked at Wal Mart.com and I saw they are carrying the smaller Turtles and the talking turtles but i didn't see the big ones.

I was hoping to score some cheaper if possible, TRU is always higher thqan everywhere else unless it's clearance or a sale.

Just Toys r us, there an exclusive to them.

Great job, really makes him look like he lives in a sewer:lol The black wash you did brings out the details in the sculpt great, but maybe tone it down just a little bit, it looks good but just a little too dirty:wink1:

Thanks:wave I hear ya biut that was the exact look I wanted! Its brown/black. ANd I might do the eyes. dunno yet:dunno

Anybody see the talking turtles yet? I'm on the fence about whether I get them or not. They just look too wide. I really like the faces on them though, but unfortunately the articulation is kinda lacking and they seem kinda wide.
What are your guys thoughts on them?

I was concidering them however there 5" tall so they don't fit in with the small or large turtles so I'll likey pass, the faces are differant so thats cool but really have no place to display that kinda thing. I know these turtles are aimed at kids for the most part aside from the classics but the talking turtles are a little to kiddie for me but, your mileage may vary:)

Back