11 Inch Teenag Mutant Ninja Turtles Figure Review!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just common courtesy to not have a wall of text on a message board, that's all I was saying. And now he has a stick up his ass because he thrown a jab at me in another thread.

It's "threw" or "he had thrown".

Last edited:
Ok so I don't know whats going on with you two guys but as I see it the wall of text thing is a little annoying to read but not worth getting into a fight about. I would not normally read those types of blocks of text but the subject matter was of interest to me. I'm not trying to referee and not interested in getting involved in the arguement but rather just saying to kiss and make up or move on:peace

Now back to your regularly schuduled programing

turtles015.jpg

Granted I do not have pics as of now, I am just trying to help people who might be on the fence about getting these figures. So here I go.
First let me say that I am huge TMNT fan and have been since 1984. I have seen alot of renditions of these guys over the years, and have pretty much got just about all of them. With some frustration I always wanted to have the versions from the very first comic series, but they never came out until I was way older (NECA version). I automatically got those and have been pretty happy over the last couple years. Of course things change, and of course with nothing being original any more, the bigwigs decided to yet recycle another old hit series. I personally have no problems IF it is done right. Generally though, they never are (with some exceptions of course). So when I heard that they were gonna reboot the turtles again, it sparked my interest a smidge but I had to see more. Upon seeing the new turtle design, I was absolutely hooked! They actually did it completely right, and I was extremely impressed! Then the wait started with me checking just about every month looking for these awesome looking figures. Finally the wait ended as I ventured to a local Target and actually had an employee dig them (the 5 inch figures) out the back. As they hit my hands, I couldn't believe what I was looking at! It was probably one of the most exciting feelings that I had in a long time. I couldn't believe it. I was a kid all over again! Sounds super immature, but who cares? I then made my way home and instantly opened up these awesome figures. Happy as happy can be, I just kept looking at them and admired everything all the way down to the box! Inside the box is where I found more trouble. A small folded pamphlet showing future products that they are releasing in the near future. Low and behold......11 INCH TURTLES!!!! Holy jeebs!!! Trying to kill my excitement, I just told myself that the 5 inch figures were enough. But upon looking at them some more, I couldn't resist looking for them. Well that didn't take too long considering that the very next time I hit Toys R Us, there they were. Staring right at me, I couldn't resist (again). Only able to get one at the time, I picked up Mikey, and was kinda content with just the one. After losing some sleep over having just one (yes I actually had a bothered sleep), I instantly woke up wanting another. So I caved and got Don. I now had two. The next day I caved again and got Leo. A few hours later, I caved one last time finishing off the collection and got Raph. Done!
Now that I got my whole story out (maybe you care, maybe you don't), I just wanted to tell you why I decided to tell you the whole thing. Well simply put, these figures are probably the most awesome thing I have seen in a long while. And I will tell you why now.
First I would like to point out that each turtle is an original sculpt! Yes you heard right. Each turtle has his own design from height to overall size! Don is the tallest and lengthiest of them all. Leo is just a smidge smaller than Don and is a little bit wider. Raph is shorter and stalkier. And last but not least, Mikey is the shortest of them all being the runt of the litter.
Each has their weapons which are actually painted (unlike their smaller counterparts) and some extra weapons which are unfortunately not. But who cares, nobody will be using those anyways. The cool thing is that you can actually hide those extra weapons under their shells!!! The stuff actually fits exactly like they're suppose to also!
Now that I have said all of these positives, unfortunately I will have to point out a couple negatives now.
First I have to point out that the arms do not bend at the elbows, which is kinda of a letdown. I don't understand why they would do this considering the smaller ones do have movement there, why can't the bigger ones have moving elbows?
Second complaint is the expression (well just two of them). While both Don and Mikey have good expression, Raph and Leo's are kinda goofy. Not a huge quirk, but it just kinda bugged me a little bit.
Third complaint (which is a huge one!) is color! I will just go ahead and say that I do not have any problems with Don, Leo, or Mikey's color. But Raphs! It just kinda rubs me the wrong way. He's just too dark compared to the others to the point where he looks like he's not related! I know that sounds a little turtle racist, but that's not what I'm going for. It's just that these guys are suppose to be brothers, and while 3 of them have somewhat similar coloring, Raph is just way off. It just makes him look like he doesn't belong. Like he's a toy from a different line or something. Plus the green he sports makes him look very cheep, while the others look like a higher end version. Maybe people can deal with it, but it just bothers me a little bit. Again, please don't get the nerve to say that I am a racist. We're talking about turtles now.
Anyways, all and all, these figures (despite their certain quirks) are extremely awesome! Do not skip out on them whatsoever! I have a feeling that these will not be available for very long, and as a fan, nobody should miss these. Yes even Raph! Despite his off color, I couldn't live without him in my collection. He's just an individual which in some ways makes him unique!
But if you are only ale to pick one up at a time, or just want the best one, I will list the order of which I think looks the best.
1) It's a tie between Don and Leo. Both look pretty good, but I personally like Dons expression a little bit more while Leo's proportions look a smidge better.
2) Mikey
3) Raph
Do not miss out on these guys! More awesomeness can always be inside your collection. I am truly excited to actually own these guys. They are sure to put a smile on anybodies face.
Before I go, I would like to point out that I am an extreme old school guy that would have liked to see all of the turtles sport their original red bandanas, but with kids getting confused, I do know why they switched up the colors. These guys (of course) do have their own respected colors which I personally think could benefit with some red paint on all of them. Just for the purists!
Oh also, one more thing. The 11 inch figures also have eyeballs you can see unlike the whited out smaller 5 inch figures. Again, this can be resolved with some white paint. I personally think they eyes give them character. Plus I have the best of both worlds haing both sizes.
Enough talk. GET THEM NOW BEFORE THE SCALPERS RUIN IT ALL WITH THEIR JACKED UP PRICES!!

It's "threw" or "he had thrown".

Walls are for buildings.

Ok so I don't know whats going on with you two guys but as I see it the wall of text thing is a little annoying to read but not worth getting into a fight about. I would not normally read those types of blocks of text but the subject matter was of interest to me. I'm not trying to referee and not interested in getting involved in the arguement but rather just saying to kiss and make up or move on:peace

Now back to your regularly schuduled programing

turtles015.jpg

Thanks for trying to mediate. It just rubs me the wrong way when all I did was write something, trying to review an item just so people can get an idea. But of course somebody has to drop their two cents about my paragraphing? It just has no place, especially when nothing was even directed at that certain someone.

They don't look bad, and even though they do fit in well with the 1:6 figures I wouldn't get them unless they were movie versions.
Thanks for the review and pix though.

They don't look bad, and even though they do fit in well with the 1:6 figures I wouldn't get them unless they were movie versions.
Thanks for the review and pix though.

If you like the movie version you can get the 13" movie turtles from the 90s. Saw these ones on Ebay few weeks ago:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

They seem kind of rubbery though, looks good in these photos but not sure how they look in person.

-

Last edited:
If you like the movie version you can get the 13" movie turtles from the 90s. Saw these ones on Ebay few weeks ago:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

They seem kind of rubbery though, looks good in these photos but not sure how they look in person.

-
I always eyeballed these figures, but to me their heads just look a bit large. At least they didn't make Raph a funky green color like they do on just about every Raph figure.

I remember when The Skull did this thread. It opened up with a shabang.

Anyways I went to TRU inspired by his thread and decided to check them out. While they are pretty cool 1/6 scale figures (if they truly are 1/6?) I would have liked as much articulation on these as their smaller counterparts.

I think the smaller ones are a lot better for some reason, maybe because they don't look as much like an action figure in the smaller versions, or the big ones look too cartoony, not really sure.

I love this pic :clap

Thanks buddy:1-1:

I remember when The Skull did this thread. It opened up with a shabang.

Anyways I went to TRU inspired by his thread and decided to check them out. While they are pretty cool 1/6 scale figures (if they truly are 1/6?) I would have liked as much articulation on these as their smaller counterparts.

I think the smaller ones are a lot better for some reason, maybe because they don't look as much like an action figure in the smaller versions, or the big ones look too cartoony, not really sure.

Glad I inspired you:wink1: It was so exciting to get these figures, I was just flooded with nostalgia. I had always wanted turtles in this scale since I got into 12" figures with the gi joe hall of fame, Not sure ether if they are true 1:6 scale but they seem to be even if not by design. Being a big Hot toys collector now yes they look cartoony next to them but I still love them, There just on a different shelf:lol The missing elbow articulation is baffleing but not a deal breaker cause most things on the 11" turtles is better than the smaller one like the weapons are painted and mikeys nunchucks have a real chain instead of a one piece molded plastic. I also like the show acturate eyes instead of all white eyes. The opening shell I find to be a great idea as I don't need to store the weapons in a box, however the one thing I hate about the 11" line is the open design packaging, you got to inspect them on the shelf to avoid paint chips due to mishandling, I got a mikey with a chip on the bandana due to this:(

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but weren't these 11inch figures suppose to be able to talk?

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but weren't these 11inch figures suppose to be able to talk?

No, there are talking turtles coming out but they all differnt faces and I think they are going to be smaller then these due to price being around 17.99. Soo you have been corrected:wink1:

Back