1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks decent, but the photo montage on the site makes it seem overly involved - I also felt like I was scrolling for hours with very little happening. And in the end, at least to me, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. And you can still see the neck seam. Doh.

Last edited:
I was wondering the whole time whether it was permanent? Can you still swap the heads? If not "seams" kinda pointless.

Added snow to the taun taun and base also added the little hairs in the ears and mouth image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The images are tagged with rotation data, but for whatever reason some software is ignoring it - BUT, it looks like it's only when presented through the forum software. For instance , Safari on OSX is displaying some images on their side, seemingly ignoring the tag, but if you view the image in its own window, it will display properly. Likewise if you drag the image to the desktop and then display it back in the browser (or Preview) you can see it displayed properly. Working fine in Safari in iOS 9.1

The images appearing on their side are tagged with an orientation of "6" which is 90 degrees Clockwise.

More info here: ImpulseAdventure - JPEG / Exif Orientation and Rotation

The solution to posting images on the forum so that everyone can see them properly is to pre-rotate them in your photo software before uploading. This needs to erase the rotation tags and actually transform the pixels of the photo into the new orientation.

Last edited:
The images are tagged with rotation data, but for whatever reason some software is ignoring it - BUT, it looks like it's only when presented through the forum software. For instance , Safari on OSX is displaying some images on their side, seemingly ignoring the tag, but if you view the image in its own window, it will display properly. Likewise if you drag the image to the desktop and then display it back in the browser (or Preview) you can see it displayed properly. Working fine in Safari in iOS 9.1

The images appearing on their side are tagged with an orientation of "6" which is 90 degrees Clockwise.

More info here: ImpulseAdventure - JPEG / Exif Orientation and Rotation

The solution to posting images on the forum so that everyone can see them properly is to pre-rotate them in your photo software before uploading. This needs to erase the rotation tags and actually transform the pixels of the photo into the new orientation.

And that's why he is the Pixelpiper :lol

Submitted 2 bug reports to Apple earlier today about this. :) The other issue is their Preview app says "90 CCW" instead of "90 CW" ;)

Received this masterpiece toda, worked it out easy enough only issue is what to do with the extra head:(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 260
Back