1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also bought the Tauntaun from BBTS, they run a great shop, but there's no reason to bad-mouth Sideshow.

Sideshow sold out of Tauntauns over a week ago. BBTS still has a stack of them. I'm not an accountant, but...

An NRD is a deposit - that's what the "D" stands for - so I'm not sure why it's relevant to the Tauntaun which has been shipping, and therefore has required full payment, since March. BTW, how many places allow lay-away (flex-pay) like Sideshow does?

Exactly ... That's how I bought Optimus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a code it's not worth buying from SS, which I only know because that's what I did. $48 shipping! Think it's $13 from BBTS.

Set up today. It's a shame about the neck seam, but that horse has been flogged to death.

f95449ff85cd37ed93480c8c49bf7c6f_zpsmh7ny4rv.jpg

96b73583d0ff9149ac7c64873ddb4ad5_zpsrzzlkchi.jpg

Think I still prefer the dewback, but I'm very happy with this guy.

Nice, looks great with Luke up on top.

Worth checking out the new shop in Belco's? Might head around this week if I get a chance.

That's where I got it. 20% off on opening night. Went back on Sunday and they seemed to be gouging on the Black series TFA figures. $48 for figs that are $35 everywhere else including Toys R Us next door. Other than that, prices seemed comparable to Popcultcha.

Without a code it's not worth buying from SS, which I only know because that's what I did. $48 shipping! Think it's $13 from BBTS.

Yeah, 98$ to Europe and that is 20-40$ more than PF`s in same size and more weight. Many times I have been scratching my head for the difference in shipping prices on SS.
As SS 1/6 Scouttrooper Ex for 35 and regular for 43$. Oooookey and not talking about the PF Stormtrooper that is a SMALL box at 82$. Also was cheap paper and whatever to make it less expensive on shipping as stated by reviewers :dunno

Shipping the huge box of the Tauntaun to Europe for $98 seems like an excellent price to me. I just sent an envelope (2 day service) and it cost about $42 US using UPS with a discount.

Last edited:
Shipping the huge box of the Tauntaun to Europe for $98 seems like an excellent price to me. I just sent an envelope by FedEx (2 day service) and it cost about $42 US using UPS with a discount.

Was about to say "oh yeah" as PF Pinhead is 55$ but then I see 2kilos lighter that Tauntaun. But then PF Keaton is 75$ and about 2kilos heavier than Tauntaun, also size of box is not bigger than Tauntaun. Just not quite understandable.

Just realized I mentioned both FedEx and UPS in my post. :) Ha. I was thinking of one package then wrote about another. Just UPS. For FedEx I was quoted about $300 last year for two boxes that are quite a bit smaller together than the Tauntaun's and a total weight of under 8KG from here in Canada to Sweden.

Don't know where you guys are located but shipping was really expensive from SS. I think it was $48 to me in CT, so minus the rewards that's about $30. Shipping at BBTS is only $12.50

My numbers to NY concur with TonTon's.

REGULAR Sideshow (with coupon (can't use one on waitlist) AND rewards calculated): 350 - 20 + 48 - 16.50 = $361.50
WAITLIST Sideshow (with rewards calculated): 350 + 48 - 17.50 = $380.50

Big Bad Toy Store: 350 + 12.50 = $362.50

Moral of the story: Forget the waitlist. Order now from BBTS.

Last edited:
Back