1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol That's the second time I've gotten that gif to one of my posts and I still don't know what to make of it.

The base just fits diagonally from what I remember. It's really high though. I had the probe droid up there for a while too and it felt like I was looking up its skirt.

The Taun Taun's design really isn't suited well to high placement like the Dewback, as both heads seem to be looking upward. Lose the Detolf for this one.

Just got lucky. My wife and I found one last night while we were shopping. It was new/sealed in box and no mark up, so we picked it up.

IMG_0590.jpg

This is just a crappy cell phone pic. I'll make / print a Hoth background up this week. Then next weekend I'll shoot some photos with the real camera and strobe.

I also got a Hoth Han but I haven't got around to opening him up yet. But the piece looks great without a figure riding it.

How long before these, Dewbacks, Jabba and others are reissued? Not that I'm planning to sell, but so much for Sideshow limited editions.

Not unlike the Dewback, pictures truly don't do justice to this piece. I was fortunate to get this bad boy through a friend at a considerable discount. I held off for the longest time mainly due to the unsightly seam line... I'm glad I pulled the trigger though, because that's an easy fix.
Fantastic sculpt and great presence.

Cheers,
-Ahab

TT 1.jpgTT 2.jpg

Took some real photos of it today. (This shot is straight out of the camera. The only editing is cropping and resizing.)

Tauntaun.JPG

Yeah, the neck seam is intense. But overall its a great piece and I'm extremely happy.

Just received my 2 Tauntauns one for Luke and one for Han.. they are magnificent.. the seems on the neck are easily hidden by the reins straps if you spend about 5 mins with it..:) Big Bad Toy Store still has about 20 TaunTauns left at $349.00 plus shipping.. If you wanted these they are just so much fun and nicely done ...don't wait to long.. prices on ebay are around $500..LOL! Enjoy!

Back