1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up cancelling my WL conversion, too much stuff on order and no room for another massive box.

Thinking to pick up R2, C3PO and a TaunTaun or two from Sideshow. What do you think the odds of Hot Toys doing these three are?

Also, as I never followed the SS Star Wars line, are there any standout pieces from their run that would mix in well with the upcoming Hot Toys figures?

Snowtrooper, Scout trooper, R2, 3PO (or the Tama 3PO), I like the Hoth figures a lot but they're divisive. Some of the cantina ones aren't bad too Greedo would be great with Han (Hot Toys could feasibly do him/her), Hammerhead is awesome.

As far as actually mixing with the Hot Toys figures, which are all A New Hope for the most part, the Tusken Raider is maybe the best as he can go with Luke, Ben, R2, and 3PO.

I'll add Vader to those TonTon mentioned - though my preference is to shorten him about 1/2" I'll also be checking out the HT Vader body suit for a possible upgrade. And may as well include Boba Fett with some futzing, even without mods - he'll be hanging around a Mos Eisley backdrop with eventual HT Sandtroopers on my shelf, SSC's own Sandies hanging with the Dewback elsewhere.

Thanks for the suggestions. The Dewback they did is excellent. Not something I want to pay the current market price for though, unfortunately.

I may start with R2 and 3PO and see where it goes from there. Though the Scout with Spider Bike combo is pretty tempting. I'm surprised we haven't seen anything from HT on their own R2 and 3PO. On the one hand, they would be directly competing with SS. On the other hand, that didn't stop them with Vader.

It's a different Vader and it's not out yet. HT is distributing and selling SSC figures, it doesn't make any sense for them to try and sell multiple of the same character in the same style at the same time. Might as well clear out the SSC first, wait a bit and then release new product. That's more money for everyone (both SSC and HT make money twice this way)

That's more money for everyone (both SSC and HT make money twice this way)

Yep too bad they are so cozy, nothing wrong with a little competition. Maybe there is a way to pit them against each other, somebody call Dr. Evil ;). At least we are getting lots of star wars stuff.

Well, shockingly my waitlist for the Tauntaun converted last night. But I made the difficult choice to let it go, so some else will get it. I really liked it, but I questioned if I had space for it all along. I don't have Hoth Luke or Han but of course would pick these up if I got the Tauntaun, they seem like they should be a set. But I am not really in love with these figures compared to others and the total for the two figures and the Tauntaun is just too much for me with all the Hot Toys original trilogy stuff I have on pre-order right now. Both financially and shelf space it came down to choosing which group matters most to me and the Hot Toys figures win out for me.

I hope whoever gets the Tauntaun I let go will enjoy it greatly. Perhaps if down the road the Hoth Han and Luke go on sale on Sideshow and BBTS still has the Tauntaun in stock I might pick these up then, but I just can't do it right now for the total price all of these would add up to.

is this sold out ? Little bit shocked that it seams to be gone ...

I didn't realize this had sold out either. Went ahead and ordered. I neglected to get a probe droid at the time and that has gone up quite a bit. I need to get a second speeder bike first though.

I didn't realize this had sold out either. Went ahead and ordered.

I hemmed and hawed over the Taun Taun for quite a while, but went ahead and picked it up a couple of months ago. Now I'm not sure why I waited so long. I love it! I'm sure you will not regret picking it up for your collection.

Does anyone know the height of tauntaun with luke sitting on it is? I. Contemplating getting it though I have a height restricted spot for it only

Back