1/6th Garindan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one around here anymore? :(

Oh well, got a taller body for GARINDAN and got him all together with Deniz' new cloak...

Garindan1.jpg

Garindan2.jpg
Garindan3.jpg

Got some futzing to do. He's in "water treatment" right now...

Thank you!

Here's a before and after for those who peek in...

HasbrovsDeniz7-23-111.jpg

Before-Afterbrighter7-23-112.jpg

I just couldn't do anything with that Hasbro cloak on the left. It's like the SS Lando cape; water proof and impossible to shape.

Wor-Gar that came out really cool! Love how the cape hangs! I have to agree the Hasbro cloak is awful. What body did you end sticking him on?

I've got him in storage and now I'm really tempted to break him out for the heck of it.

Here is another obscure, background character that I think Sideshow will not get to. Garindan. First off, Hasbro did a really good job on this one.

I did 3-4 brown washes on the snoot. I replaced the boots and weathered them. The cape is the Hasbro one with weathering. I replaced the shirt and painted it a dark green with a few washes of black.

garindan2.jpg

Not bad for about $20 eh? :D

next up.....Tusken Raider!!

Dig your's a lot too! The green shirt looks great and I agree with the others that the weathering makes him look better; scene-accurate or not.

Wor-Gar that came out really cool! Love how the cape hangs! I have to agree the Hasbro cloak is awful. What body did you end sticking him on?

Thanks!

I had an old Dragon body that was same height as the SS stormtroopers so I used it. Drilled holes so the Hasbro gloves would fit. Head popped right on, no problem. Not sure of the body name but it was very thin. I had to thicken old Garindan up some.

Looks great. I had all of the Kenner/Hasbro 12" figures and recently auctioned them off. This is one of the few I kept as I agree Hasbro did a good job.

Is there any kind of comprehensive internet resource for learning how to do these custom paint jobs... what kind of paint, how to do washes, weathering, etc? I did the helmet and torso mods on my SS Vader recently and thought I was going to crap my pants the whole time. But now that I've got that behind me and didn't ruin anything, I'm ready to take it to the next level. I'm just not sure where to go to learn the basics on painting.

Wor-Gar, that looks great man. I really like that cape, I may look into getting one. Im also working on a custom Lando General, I wounder if Deniz could do his cape? I need to shoot him a PM.

Mando, thanks. I need to go back and do some more work on mine. Those pictures of mine are about year and half old, I have learned some things in the past year or so. :)

Steven, there are a bunch of threads here that contain tutorials and WIPs of all kinds of customs. If I was you, I would get a 12 pack, sit in front of the computer for a few hours and go through Mark's thread. He has quite a few tutorials and WIPs of all sorts of characters.

Ohhhkayyy, this is an old thread.....but I had to bring it back to life as I just ordered a Hasbro Garindan to add to the Tatooine scenes I have going on.........going to need to research all the mods you gents have done over the years to get something that works for me. Looking on-line you guys have really done some great work on this figure....looks great!

Back