1/6th Garindan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is another obscure, background character that I think Sideshow will not get to. Garindan. First off, Hasbro did a really good job on this one.

I did 3-4 brown washes on the snoot. I replaced the boots and weathered them. The cape is the Hasbro one with weathering. I replaced the shirt and painted it a dark green with a few washes of black.

garindan2.jpg

Not bad for about $20 eh? :D

next up.....Tusken Raider!!

Last edited:
Brilliant Chris, folks say I am a machine at making stuff....

If so I am steam powered and you sir are powered by a chuffin hyperdrive!!!!

Yeah, this guy actually blends in nice. I got mine for $8:chew, but so far he's left "as is" out of the box.

Do you have reference pics for the green shirt or did you take some artistic liberty? I'd watch the movie again...but the grill is calling.

Someone needs to make a master list of characters and who's got a
12"/1:6/custom version so we can see how we're doing:horror. Picking 'em off 1 at a time!!

Nice work as usual Chaka.

Thanks guys. I actually got the green shirt from the Gentle Giant bust. Not sure if its movie accuarate, but I thought it looked cool.

gentle_giant_star_wars_garindan_bust.jpg

There are not a lot of images of him, I need to put ANH in again. I didnt have my copy handy today.

looks outstanding whether it is screen accurate or not. nice shot with the troopers.

I like it, as for screen accuracy who knows, all I ever saw was a cape.
For all we know Hasbro may have just winged it on their versions.

The 3 3/4 version is gray under the cape, and the 12" is black, so
they don't even seem sure.

Last edited:
I do like the green too. I'm not superanal about screen accuracy, but I'd still rather have Luke with a off-white/cream/tan shirt, than a red one. And if it was green in the movie, I'd feel inclined to change my to green. However, if it's not seen, I'd probably leave it black, you know, the whole spy thing, working for the bad guys. I know there isn't many shadows in the middle of the day on a planet with enough light created by 2 suns, but I can conveniently look past that:D

Hasbro did a god job on this character. I really like those sidekick characters,which get little screen time,but play a somehow big role in this galaxy far far away....Yeah the green is a nice touch...."lightens" the figure up a bit.

Anybody who has this -- have you tried taking the gloves off? Is it possible without damaging the figure?

I just got one and I'm upgrading to a taller body.

But be sure to drop Wioslea, not only she looks argh!, she even wears a Jedi outfit.

Anybody who has this -- have you tried taking the gloves off? Is it possible without damaging the figure?

I just got one and I'm upgrading to a taller body.

Me too, and it's totally possible, standard hot water/ hair dryer treatment, but those hasbro gloves are like really fat fingered, go imperial if you can :peace

@Gent, Wiolesa is awesome!! looks much like every Freeborn/ Cobb/Baker SW alien, cosmic and hideous!!! it aint a jedi outfit, just standard Tatootine desert fashion, c'mon now, without that bug eyed freak, Luke and Ben would be stranded on Tat forever, drinking frapachinos and picking the dust outta their shorts, give the 13 eyed freak a break!!:wink1:

I'm gonna stick with the Hasbro gloves only because the others are really hard to come by... but I am going to upgrade the body to a taller figure, maybe a Sideshow Buck, because the Hasbro body is really short.

Might use Garindan's little Hasbro body for my Mosep though.

Just got this upgrade for my Garindan...

GarindanCLOAK5.jpg

I went for the 'short shoulder cape' additionthat that you can see in the close up shots when he calls in the stormtroopers. Also in some artwork. Unfortunately I broke down my Garindan to use the body for Mosep and I'm still acquiring a taller body for me new Garindan.

I know Kung Fu!

GarindanCLOAK4.jpg

This is Deniz' work, and I can't express enough what a pleasure he is to work with. He's very fast, very communicative, and does excellent work. Best of all, he actually wants to know what you think. If you need some tailoring, I highly recommend him.

Back