1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too bothered as I'm lucky to have one home already. More concerned by the status of my Stormtrooper Commander/Squad Leader. Really eager to add him to the ranks.

Now that ep 1 of BOBF has released..does anyone want this version of a tusken raider more?

Mine has been in HK Processing Centre since 29th Dec, probably not getting it for a while :lol

Waiting for BOBF Tusken chieftain to go with Tusken Boba. Mando Tusken for Cobb.

I looked back at my last Hong Kong Post delivery, in mid-December, and the waiting time was almost identical: eleven days from arriving at the post office until showing as 'Handed over to carrier / Left for destination'.

Ten days this time, and if it follows the same plan I should have the Tusken by next Tuesday. It'll still likely arrive before the one from the UK group.

I fully expect BoBF Tusken Raiders and I wouldn’t doubt they do a Speeder Bike set as well. They already got speeder bike models they can easily make that happen. Not that I can fit anymore speeders 🤣

9DFCAC2D-4E15-4704-92ED-E783806FC8FF.jpeg

I thought I'd get back to the ANH style inner robe that I started on, now that at least one of the figures shouldn't be too far away now.

Searching for photos of the prop costumes doesn't bring up much, and the results have to be filtered because Tuskens have appeared so many times in films and series. Even the prop displays are known to wrongly label the source of the costumes.

I did find these today:

ANH Tusken3.jpg
ANH Tusken5.jpg

ANH Tusken2.jpg
ANH Tusken6.jpg

ANH Tusken4.jpg

The caption reads: Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

(The female next to him correctly reads, Star Wars Episode II : Attack of the Clones).

It's quite a coarse, thick material, and tattered like an outer robe, but worn as an inner one. So it may actually be the kind worn as the outer by the Tusken in the classic still:

ANH Tusken.jpg

This is Alan Fernandes, who was one of the two Tuskens who rode the bantha in 1976:

ANH Tusken7.jpg

His costume looks to be set up in the same way as the prop on display.

There's an interview with him here: Alan Fernandes (Tusken Raider) - Star Wars Interviews

According to Sideshow's specs the Tusken is quite tall, so I set my 'tailor's dummy' to the same height.

Coco's outer robes may need to be shortened a bit as the length interferes with the natural draping of the material. They also keep slipping off his arms, because he hasn't got any hands or sleeves, so it's not easy to imagine the final look.

The main thing with the inner robe is that it's grubbier and looser than the Mandalorian version, and as it's split up the front it wraps over, avoiding the 'Tusken wearing a dress' look.

100_1797.JPG

Is the HT inner robe reversible to have the split in the front?

I've been trying to work that out.

I looked through Reagan's video, and when looking at the back of the figure there was no split. So if there is one it's lower down, or on the sides. So you'd couldn't create a wrap over unless you cut the robe up to the neck.

Back