1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I would have never thought I would care about Tusken Raiders, but it was awesome to learn more about them in episode two of The Book of Boba Fett. Would love to get some variant Tuskens now.

Wow I would have never thought I would care about Tusken Raiders, but it was awesome to learn more about them in episode two of The Book of Boba Fett. Would love to get some variant Tuskens now.
They had some mysteriousness before the release of BOBF, it’s great we get to know more about them. Wonder if we’ll see their faces, somewhat hope we don’t since it would take away some of their mysteries, leaving less to our lively imaginations.

Still hope we’ll see some ANH tuskens from HT. They have some similarities, but looking more closely one will find they’re more or less two different designs.

They had some mysteriousness before the release of BOBF, it’s great we get to know more about them. Wonder if we’ll see their faces, somewhat hope we don’t since it would take away some of their mysteries, leaving less to our lively imaginations.

Still hope we’ll see some ANH tuskens from HT. They have some similarities, but looking more closely one will find they’re more or less two different designs.
Two things I never wanna see are unmasked Tuskens and Jawas, even though I'm naturally curious about what's under there that adds to their appeal and keeps them interesting and mysterious.

Two things I never wanna see are unmasked Tuskens and Jawas, even though I'm naturally curious about what's under there that adds to their appeal and keeps them interesting and mysterious.
5565554C-95B5-420E-95EE-EC859BBF2A16.jpeg
12C9D1B7-28D7-420D-8540-A685BD9FEF44.jpeg

there was someone selling custom tusked raider robes, there was a thread with names of those who paid and are waiting....I can't find it anywhere now. can someone point me in the right direction?

I looked back at my last Hong Kong Post delivery, in mid-December, and the waiting time was almost identical: eleven days from arriving at the post office until showing as 'Handed over to carrier / Left for destination'.

Ten days this time, and if it follows the same plan I should have the Tusken by next Tuesday. It'll still likely arrive before the one from the UK group.

Going to be right on both accounts. The Hong Kong delivery is due today (14 days total).

Still waiting for the UK group Tusken to be sent out. :impatient:

Is the HT inner robe reversible to have the split in the front?

I can confirm that the split is at the back, but only goes up as far as the upper thigh. From that point it's stitched all the way up to the neck. I'm not sure you're meant to be able to take it off, otherwise I would put it on backwards so the split was at the front. Though it may not even show under my 'Obi-Wan' adapted inner robe.

When you take the robe and belts off he looks really funny, because his outfit looks just like a tight fitting dress.

The upper body has a white padded vest.

I like the sculpt - it sells me on the idea of a classic Tusken. One thing that immediately stood out was the horn placement. On the prototype the horns were placed in a squared pattern, but on the production figure the right front horn (as you look at the front of the sculpt) is set lower down to make him more asymmetrical.

Even the instructions show the two different versions of the horns. e.g., the photo showing how to hold the rifle is the production figure; the photo below the warnings is the prototype.

The cheek tusks are similarly asymmetrical, with one horizontal, and the other tilted down.

He's pretty tall too, which is good.

The figure looks like a good base to work on.

Because of the thickness of the new inner robe over the top of the non-removable Hot Toys' 'dress', I had to link the sash and ammunition belts at the back with a strip of electrical tape from Velcro to Velcro.

He needs a bit of futzing, but the parts work to give him a more ANH appearance. The sash isn't really necessary, so I'll try it without.

100_1799.JPG

100_1801.JPG

Looks great, Asta! :clap How did you feel about the stock figure? Doesn't look like you wasted any time converting it.

I went straight into converting him. I didn't like the skimpy stock robe or the dress like inner one. Without the split it looks too neat and restrictive.

The rest of the figure is good, and a great base to work with. Now he's changed he fills a gap in the collection that satisfies my nostalgia for the original Tuskens.

Because of the thickness of the new inner robe over the top of the non-removable Hot Toys' 'dress', I had to link the sash and ammunition belts at the back with a strip of electrical tape from Velcro to Velcro.

He needs a bit of futzing, but the parts work to give him a more ANH appearance. The sash isn't really necessary, so I'll try it without.

View attachment 555166

View attachment 555167
Great work, Asta!

Back