1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this figure is awesome and am very happy to have him in my collection. Highly recommended.

Been thinking about what to do with Tusken #2, because he'll probably be here early next week.

Testing the Mandalorian Tusken's outer robe with a makeshift belt on my 'tailor's dummy' looks like it can be fashioned into the ANH Bantha rider's style of wrap over robe.

i.e.,

anh-tusken3-jpg.554652
anh-tusken7-jpg.554654

It worked a lot better than I was expecting, though I don't know what'll it'll look like over the stock inner robe. It's not as voluminous as it should be, but there's more material than originally appeared because some of it was formed into what look like ironed-in pleats.

He has the opportunity to make OT characters whether they're in the show or not, he just isn't taking it without the hype of D+ to back it up.

He has the opportunity to make OT characters whether they're in the show or not, he just isn't taking it without the hype of D+ to back it up.

I think Lucasfilm can also influence the line's direction. They could say 'hey support the new show with X amount of releases.' They still have to approve whatever they do.

I'd say they often make 3-5 prototypes, and wait to see how a show or movie goes. (depending on licence of course). I'd say for Mando they probably had to make more proto figures when they realised how much of a hit it was.

I don't think Kuiil and Blurrgs would have been on their original slate. So we'll see how BoB works out I guess.

Last edited:
id like a ROTJ Bib Fortuna!

Hoping Hot Toys makes the Tusken chief and female warrior at the least for this show.
2 of my fav new designs,plus that scene where the female warrior rides the speeder bike into the train was pretty epic and I like her to go on my Mando Swoop!!

id like a ROTJ Bib Fortuna!

Hoping Hot Toys makes the Tusken chief and female warrior at the least for this show.
2 of my fav new designs,plus that scene where the female warrior rides the speeder bike into the train was pretty epic and I like her to go on my Mando Swoop!!
If they did Bib Fortuna, knowing HT it would be Fat Bib from the last episode of Mando and not ROJ.

Tusken #2 arrived.

With this one I wrapped the outer robe under the belts in the style of the ANH bantha riders, though it isn't really long enough or full enough:

100_1827.JPG

I also tried him quickly with TLJ Luke Hologram's robe for a more Bedouin look, but the robe would need to be futzed more if I kept him like that:

100_1819.JPG

Quick wardrobe change & pose for those wondering what the boba cloak looks like on the tusken

That actually looks really good! Your whole display looks great. I get what you're saying about the sand people blending in with their environment. However, the black still works as a look. Could be a different tribe, live or travel in the more rocky, mountainous regions or be materials taken from a raid and adapted to clothing. It looks cool and sparks the imagination in a Mythos kind of way.

Dang it, where's my Tusken?

Back