1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
January-March 2022, interesting. Isn't that about the same time the Kenobi show is meant to drop? I'm sure these guys will turn up again in that show, so 2 birds with 1 stone for Hot Toys.

Hype tax... and they likely won't make a huge edition of these.
Probably so. They overpriced the Jawa/Gonk set too and it still is in stock. Surprised they’re kind of doing the same thing with this release. I get it though- produced in smaller numbers so a higher cost to justify it being made.

Looks good to me, but I would have preferred to see a 2 pack with 2 different heights of raiders, like the OT Stormtrooper, along with more accessories or a campfire diorama

I'm not sure how well that would've sold at the price point it would have to be, but if you do want varying heights, that should be easily accomplished by changing out the foot pegs for ones with different lengths.

I am unfamiliar with this process. Explain.

Haha I knew someone would ask about the tampon bit. Not sure if you really want to know, but here is a bit of explanation for all to know the type of stuff Hot Toys may be using to reduce cost on some of their paint application.

It's also called pad printing. But in Poland where one of our factories is they call it a bit different. No idea where it originated. Pad = Tampon I guess ?? Maybe it's a European thing ??

But this shows a video of the paint application. Hot Toys would use something like this to do paint application on some plastic parts. The Remnant trooper is a good example. 100% exactly the same print on thousands of parts. Is quick and accurate = cheap. (But can look exactly that as well sometimes).

It can also easily print on curved surfaces. So it's a pretty good process as you can see on the example they show.

https://www.uniquepadprinting.com/what-is-pad-printing

The Sideshow still rules. And $235 seems a more reasonable price. But I'll buy one or two of these. I didn't have a problem mixing in the Sideshow Snowtroopers with the superior HT versions.

Haha I knew someone would ask about the tampon bit. Not sure if you really want to know, but here is a bit of explanation for all to know the type of stuff Hot Toys may be using to reduce cost on some of their paint application.

It's also called pad printing. But in Poland where one of our factories is they call it a bit different. No idea where it originated. Pad = Tampon I guess ?? Maybe it's a European thing ?

Tampo, not tampon. Tampo printing. Short for tampography which is another word for pad printing.

No relation to the feminine hygiene product, lol.

$228 second batch on Toysbuyingagent so sideshow will be what, $240ish?

Don't forget about the 50HKD coupon on the front page too. $222 shipped from them; can't beat that, almost $30 off the US MSRP. Definitely going to get 2 through them.

Up on sideshow. $250. A bit more than expected. That Mando hype tax

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-tusken-raider-hot-toys-907370

If it was $20 more it would have been exactly double the price of the Sideshow version from 8 years ago.:lecture:horror Wow, miss those $100-140 pricepoints.
I see some are offloading the SS version already on ebay...

Would be awesome if this figure dropped the price of the Sideshow version to under $200. I always regretted not getting a second one.

Ordered one from Alter Ego. Free shipping and no tax for me (for now). After their Jawa I'll have to see one in hand before deciding on a second.

That f'n "specially designed" sand base needs to be retired. Good grief, it's been so overused the mold must be ready to break 🙄
For this price point (which is most likely the new norm) a new, more inspired stand would've been welcome.

It looks well done going by the proto shots. At least they are offering different shoulder belts to allow for switching it up or to make having multiples look more appealing and not all the same, although at 250+ a pop, that's an expensive proposition.

Here's hoping this translates from proto to production with more success than the jawa did. They're already ahead...no lights or poop-muffin covers for the base....

These look great and are accurate to the Mandalorian, but I prefer the Sideshow versions.

Hoping with this release I can pick up another Sideshow one when people start dumping them.

Back