1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close enough to ANH for me. They weren't on screen long enough for me to care about the differences. Although I might try making a custom cloak to go down to the wrists for that 'Luke attack' pose.

Yep, looks accurate to Mando. I do prefer the originals though and very happy with the SS version with a body swap. But I?ll get this one to go with my female Tusken... I had hoped to see some females in Mando. But I guess in some groups they might just dress as the men.

Cocoboloboy's is still the best one I've seen by far.

tusken.jpg

The face on this one looks really narrow and now I can't unsee it.

HTtusken.jpg

Sideshow version looks more "natural", raw, savage. Exactly as pictured in ANH. These from Mandalorian are nicely dressed fireplace philosophers.

Yes, no competition really. But I guess they looked like this in Mando. The narrow head and small close sitting eyes just aren?t as cool as the old version.
ab58dc75d564eec1d0b7e7e9135ebfd6.jpg

Yep it'll do. A bit of variety next to the SS version (if you have it) is fine for me.

The additional weapons etc are also a win. That SS rifle is pretty basic looking. Not sure if it's accurate or not ? Could be I suppose.

I guess it's definitely time to change my signature note.

Meh...the ss is better. I think we all would have preferred the anh version. The outfit is too tailored and clean. Oh well, I guess it saves me money. I will buy one to hang with my ss. If it was an out of the park anh version, I would have bought a squad. It is not hot toys fault, it is how the tuskens were on the show.

The mandalorian needs Death Star trooper appearances!!!!

Meh...the ss is better. I think we all would have preferred the anh version. The outfit is too tailored and clean. Oh well, I guess it saves me money. I will buy one to hang with my ss. If it was an out of the park anh version, I would have bought a squad. It is not hot toys fault, it is how the tuskens were on the show.

The mandalorian needs Death Star trooper appearances!!!!

Agreed. They don't look right to me, only because the original has been burned into my brain since 1977 and this time, I can't appreciate the changes the way I was able to for Rogue One Stormtroopers.

I also can't understand what the logic behind the design changes may have been. They were capable of emulating ANH and chose not to for some reason. Mysterious ways and all that.

Yep, looks accurate to Mando. I do prefer the originals though and very happy with the SS version with a body swap. But I?ll get this one to go with my female Tusken... I had hoped to see some females in Mando. But I guess in some groups they might just dress as the men.

My guess is they didn't include females due to them having a bit of visual similarity to a Muslim burqa. Several articles in the past month have pointed up the parallels between Sand People and Arab tribesmen and that Mando's sympathetic and more nuanced portrayal of Tuskens was "righting a wrong" that was present in the OT. ie. how Sand People were depicted.

Given that type of thinking, I don't think Disney would want to see Tusken females in Mando - just too risky it'll be taken the wrong way.

Agreed. They don't look right to me, only because the original has been burned into my brain since 1977 and this time, I can't appreciate the changes the way I was able to for Rogue One Stormtroopers.

I also can't understand what the logic behind the design changes may have been. They were capable of emulating ANH and chose not to for some reason. Mysterious ways and all that.

I assume they had PT costumes available to them, so used them - Mando seems to not want to spend much creating new costumes, esp when there's a ton of pretty decent fan costuming out there, as well as leftover stuff from the PT and ST.

I always think the neck scarf is a strange addition to the Tusken - just has a bit of a "fashionista" look to me, like a Tusken teen went of to the city and brought back a fashion trend.:lol

Back