1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started watching some episodes recently to have on in the background. It amazes me how cheesy this stuff is not but as a kid it was gold standard. I never understood back then that all the suited ranger stuff was recycled content.

I started watching some episodes recently to have on in the background. It amazes me how cheesy this stuff is not but as a kid it was gold standard. I never understood back then that all the suited ranger stuff was recycled content.
It took me a while to figure out because they used to film stuff for the show around where I lived as a child, so I'd occasionally see Rangers walking around town.

Oh yeah, the show is super cheesy looking at it with adult eyes. I’ve watched some random episodes on Netflix and it’s pretty cringe. A lot of it is down to how dated to the nineties it is. Still cool character designs though.

Hmm, sounds too invasive for me - it's tearing into the fabric and sewing it back up that has me off put.
I've been following him for awhile. Tony Mei deals with fabrication in 1/12 and 1/6 so it's cool to see his customizations but I wouldn't feel confident enough to customize these. I think they're great products as they are but it's always cool to see people take them a step or two further.

I got my Red Armored Ranger this week, to my annoyance he has the shield issues some of the others do with there being 2 marks on the front in silver and a few on the side. Also, i tried the legacy mask collection heads on red and green, might do more later. I remember seeing pics of red and green in the past and it didnt look good. I dont know if it was not the pictures themselves just being bad but in hand they are an upgrade for sure as head replacements. Greens tone is slightly off but the size and detail make up for it. Not that anybody would really notice the tone anyway, and sat in the shadow you cant tell unless you are looking to see it.
141.jpg
139.jpg
145.jpg
148.jpg
110.jpg

I got my Red Armored Ranger this week, to my annoyance he has the shield issues some of the others do with there being 2 marks on the front in silver and a few on the side. Also, i tried the legacy mask collection heads on red and green, might do more later. I remember seeing pics of red and green in the past and it didnt look good. I dont know if it was not the pictures themselves just being bad but in hand they are an upgrade for sure as head replacements. Greens tone is slightly off but the size and detail make up for it. Not that anybody would really notice the tone anyway, and sat in the shadow you cant tell unless you are looking to see it.View attachment 561883View attachment 561882View attachment 561884View attachment 561885View attachment 561881
I notice the tone difference but it might be exacerbated by the camera and monitor colors. Are these replacement heads from something? I kind of wanted to get this red ranger, but I can't justify it despite the decent price.

Oh yeah, the show is super cheesy looking at it with adult eyes. I’ve watched some random episodes on Netflix and it’s pretty cringe. A lot of it is down to how dated to the nineties it is. Still cool character designs though.
I remember as a kid being so invested in the green ranger story arc when he lost his powers and then became the white ranger. It is cheese watching it now but it has its charms haha.

Tommy was really the only one to have any significant story, being used for evil, then being a good ranger, stripped of powers, being used sparingly, going away for awhile, coming back, losing powers for good, returning as the White Ranger.

I notice the tone difference but it might be exacerbated by the camera and monitor colors. Are these replacement heads from something? I kind of wanted to get this red ranger, but I can't justify it despite the decent price.
These heads are from the Power Rangers Legacy Mask Collection released by bandai like 5-6 years ago. They released all 6 heads in one pack with a display stand.

They arent perfect, but they are better looking. From some angles they look a bit too big, but from most angles the threezero ones look took small. But the Legacy Collection heads have the upper hand in the sculpt department. ( And the pink legacy helmet actually fits the threezero figure more than the head that actually comes with i colour wise.

Yellow id say Threezero is better to keep than being replaced. Maybe black too.

Few random pictures

Left is legacy head vs right threezero

006.jpg

Both using Legacy heads

042.jpg

Yellow using Legacy head

047.jpg

I wouldn't say they look bobble headed or anything, they look like proper helmets, both look good to me. While you're here, what's the material of teh suit made out of? How do the bodies feel underneath?

Im not sure the material, but apparently its made out of the same stuff the actual cosplay suits are. The bodies feel great, not cheap. They maybe are cheap for all i know but the joints are all tight, great articulation ( except for on the female neck/elbows ). The guys have some sculpted muscle onto the torso, its hard to see it through the material except at certain angles .At first i thought it was a bit corny, but i think on reflection its actually for the best to fill-out the suit. A baggy loose fitting suit would kill the figures and they'd all need to get new body replacements

They are worth buying, nothing really feels cheap about them. Even though the core figures are like $99 and for 1:6 that seems cheap.

Well, I bit. This is my first foray into 1/6th scale.
I couldn't afford the whole set, so I'm doing an "oops, all Tommys" with Green ordered and White pre-ordered at the moment.

These heads are from the Power Rangers Legacy Mask Collection released by bandai like 5-6 years ago. They released all 6 heads in one pack with a display stand.

They arent perfect, but they are better looking. From some angles they look a bit too big, but from most angles the threezero ones look took small. But the Legacy Collection heads have the upper hand in the sculpt department. ( And the pink legacy helmet actually fits the threezero figure more than the head that actually comes with i colour wise.

Yellow id say Threezero is better to keep than being replaced. Maybe black too.

Few random pictures

Left is legacy head vs right threezero

View attachment 562273

Both using Legacy heads

View attachment 562274

Yellow using Legacy head

View attachment 562275
What did you use to stable the helmets?

What did you use to stable the helmets?
For the guys, they dont need anything really. They arent connected, its just balance and physics. They wont fall off though, the necks are still in the helmets and the padded neck helps stop them from freely moving. I just tilted the neck peg back on the men and then placed the helmets on and that seems to be the sweet spot for them. The heads arent attached but you can still get them in any position you want. The ladies helmets ive added tissue though, their neck joints dont move so the helmets either want to look right up or down as they are hanging on. Its real easy work. I apologise for the OCD folk out there that i dont have black setup, im waiting until tomorrow when i get White.

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 37
For the guys, they dont need anything really. They arent connected, its just balance and physics. They wont fall off though, the necks are still in the helmets and the padded neck helps stop them from freely moving. I just tilted the neck peg back on the men and then placed the helmets on and that seems to be the sweet spot for them. The heads arent attached but you can still get them in any position you want. The ladies helmets ive added tissue though, their neck joints dont move so the helmets either want to look right up or down as they are hanging on. Its real easy work. I apologise for the OCD folk out there that i dont have black setup, im waiting until tomorrow when i get White.
Damn now I need to find someone that can cast these. These are perfect. Need 2 reds.

The sentai mask collection Tyranno ranger is even better than the Legacy red, but i dont have it any more and im kicking myself for selling it. It had a better visor and had the detailed lining painted on like the black around the silver teeth. But its reallly hard to come by now, and if you buy the set it comes from its hundreds of $ so not really worth it unless you have disposable cash to pump into making these look better.

Back