1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Ranger photo by Hardy Izuna

bz7SWfL.jpg

Looks like an even better overall figure than the Green Ranger, even though I like the Green Ranger design more.

Quick pics of Dragon Shield Red Ranger. Unfortunately silver morpher instead of gold. Might send it off to someone to get repainted. Other than that great figure.

20220114_130153.jpg
20220114_123050.jpg

How the hell could they not get the morpher color right? That's Hasbro level attention, right there.

In this instance, it wasn’t so much about making a completely accurate figure as it was about making extra money off existing parts. I’m sure while they were making Red Ranger parts, they just made X number extra for this release, same with shields and daggers with Green Ranger. They didn’t worry about switching the paint on some Red Ranger morphers to good for this variant, it’s a cash grab to help fund the figures with little extra work.

Dragon Shield Red Ranger looks great. I do wish it came with the gold morpher, all though its not completely a bad thing. He only had the gold morpher when he inherited the dragon coin in full later. Prior to getting the dragon coin he used the shield with the silver morpher.

I think white is the best figure of the bunch though, theres nothing i can look at and say " thats wrong " other than the spandex suit is dangerously closer to being silver. But it can kinda get away with it.

I don't know much about the source material outside of MMPR, it's curious why/how White Ranger doesn't have a morpher on belt like the others and can somehow morph, or maybe in the original White Ranger didn't morph and was always in costume.

I don't know much about the source material outside of MMPR, it's curious why/how White Ranger doesn't have a morpher on belt like the others and can somehow morph, or maybe in the original White Ranger didn't morph and was always in costume.
The White Ranger and Thunderzords come from Gosei Sentai Dairanger, the series after Zyuranger. They used wrist mounted morphers. If you've ever seen Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, they repurposed one of the core five Dairanger's morpher (the White Rangers was slightly different in Dairanger) for Mike to turn into the Magna Defender.

All six Dairanger had the same pattern on their belt as the White Ranger.

In this instance, it wasn’t so much about making a completely accurate figure as it was about making extra money off existing parts. I’m sure while they were making Red Ranger parts, they just made X number extra for this release, same with shields and daggers with Green Ranger. They didn’t worry about switching the paint on some Red Ranger morphers to good for this variant, it’s a cash grab to help fund the figures with little extra work.
The way Threezero stitch the holsters means they would have to have made a separate template for the dragon dagger holsters on the dragon shield red ranger.

Would a little bit of gold paint on the morphers have broken the bank? Dragon Shield Red Ranger is selling at $129, while the Green Ranger was selling at $99. Compared to the Green Ranger, Dragon Shield Red Ranger has an extra weapon (blade blaster) and holster, does that warrant an extra $30?

The Power Morpher being silver instead of gold on the Dragon Shield Red Ranger doesn’t bother me much. Seems like it would probably be a fairly easy fix if you have a steady hand and some gold paint.

The Power Morpher being silver instead of gold on the Dragon Shield Red Ranger doesn’t bother me much. Seems like it would probably be a fairly easy fix if you have a steady hand and some gold paint.
Yeah its not a deal breaker for me..

I've got my dragon shield red waiting in my POL at BBTS. Just waiting for existing pre-orders to come in stock to ship it with.

Back