1/6 SSC - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who has owned both, I personally very much disagree. I never saw any Robert Englund in the Beto sculpt, which just kills it for me. Sold mine for exactly that reason. Still, to each their own.

My only argument is that if you are looking at part 3 Dream Warriors Freddy which the sideshow was suppose to be, they missed the mark, where Betos part 3 has more of the Englund likeness in my opinion vs sideshows new one. Now I’m not a huge fan of Beto part 1 but I do like his part 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of those - while cool - don't look accurate at all. I have one of the first deluxe highly accurate gloves - can't remember who made it - came from the original part I templates - it's amazing and matches the part 1&2 glove perfectly, even down to the broken blade and solder marks.
Love it.

R

Beto sculpt is waaayyyy better then sideshows.

Sideshow's is by Jeff Yagher. He's been sculpting monsters before anyone ever heard of any of the customizers doing work nowadays. It's kind of like saying Rick Baker is old hat compared to someone who has been doing effects a fraction of the time he has. Yagher sculpted all of Sideshow's Universal Monsters dioramas, and has been a staple in garage kits for decades. Don't get me wrong, the Beto is good. But I prefer Sideshow's to be sure.

Sideshow's is by Jeff Yagher. He's been sculpting monsters before anyone ever heard of any of the customizers doing work nowadays. It's kind of like saying Rick Baker is old hat compared to someone who has been doing effects a fraction of the time he has. Yagher sculpted all of Sideshow's Universal Monsters dioramas, and has been a staple in garage kits for decades. Don't get me wrong, the Beto is good. But I prefer Sideshow's to be sure.

I agree with all of this.

Wasn’t going to mod my Freddy anymore then I had but after watching the movies again this week and looking at the figure that damn hat just sits way to high. Almost makes it look like Freddy is wearing a hat 2 sizes too small. So I finally broke the two pieces apart. Sanded the ridge out of the inside of the hat completely down smooth (there was a lot more then I expected) and then took the big head nipple off of Freddy’s head. I am now considering re-sculpting the whole top of Freddy’s head similarities what Dean Knight did in his video. I did end up repainting the hat and made it more dull and also weathered it with some Tamaya dirt/sand/mud from the weathering kit before spraying it down with Dull-Cote over all...it changes the pieces drastically.

Before - directly out of the box from Sideshow. You can see how high the hat sits.
58af9905e65aba3e9091bf40cab2c56b.jpg
d124fdba8e40d1f112519bb8e6c18d8e.jpg

The Mod -
7b4cf1123558d8dfa30b91db712e60ed.jpg
4a88a5014cb4a1eaa9adaecea5a5c7c2.jpg
2d840625ce02cdc5a9d97565d5777615.jpg
9479fd58c0775c6de0be0495e5c8943d.jpg

After repainting the hat and the mods. I also add the shin to the actual sculpt which I did last year in my earlier post.
8cf9968160c24d5269b13d2a64021e02.jpg
40b331fcbeddd56e31680f5fa2aa7335.jpg
f26d88c73c6e54ef1b4daafb29968767.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. Will post more pics if I end up re-sculpting the entire top of the head.

Take Care - Jase

I recently picked up this guy..

Straight out of the box there's lots to like...the head sculpt is excellent and the metal fingered gloves and boots all look great...but the wrong coloured jumper and pants are disappointing...and along with the hat sitting too high throws the whole look off.

So here's what i done...

Hat lowered and repainted
Face and hand scars touched up with some clear gloss paint
Brown strips on jumper repainted green
New better fitting black pants...with a little weathering added to the lower hem

View attachment 449107View attachment 449106View attachment 449105View attachment 449108View attachment 449109

Here's a few hat alternatives i tried out when i first got the figure...

The stock hat looks great once lowered a tad....but the old SS version can look great too for a first elm street/revenge look.

I also really like the hat that came with the Treasure hunter Indy sculpt...it fits perfectly without the need to dremel down the inside of it...and the color is perfect without the need of a repaint..

View attachment 449144

Back