1/6 SSC - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The impact of those mods really stacks up! I'm surprised at what a difference better fitting pants make. Now the Freddy personality is coming through! Great job!

Excellent work, mate. That really made this figure pop. Now I want one!

The impact of those mods really stacks up! I'm surprised at what a difference better fitting pants make. Now the Freddy personality is coming through! Great job!
Thanks guys:duff
What did you do to paint the brown stripes? Just regular paint?
Fabric paint would work best but i used ordinary thinned down acrylic paint...which works fine for this as there's only the few strips to touch up. Just be careful as you go that the green paint doesn't bleed into the red..

Dang, I like this Freddy. But I've decided (very recently) that I'm no longer going to collect action figures because I never pose them. Just put them on a stand and let them sit there. I've decided to concentrate on good quality small scaled statues. But if I was still into figures, I'd be all over this. I hope Iron Studios makes a good version of him in there 1:10 statue line. I just bought Pennywise and have ordered the Nun, and Jason. I'd really like to add a Freddy, Mike Myers, Pinhead, and Leatherface to that collection. Fingers crossed. But yeah back on subject, this is the best Freddy figure out there and I love some of the mods you guys have done to it. Bravo.

I wonder if you added one of those padded undersuits that Hot Toys uses alot would the sweater would fit better? Just an idea and an easy mod.

I did something similar to mine. After lowering the hat and repainting the hat, the sweater with the brown stripes always threw the look off. So with some Apple Barrel Holly Leaf green and some acrylic extender mixed in I tackled all the brown stripes. BTW painted the sweater while on a cheap HT clone, since I knew the watered down green would soak through and stain the body. After everything dried, I went over the sweater with my Tamiya weather kit using mud and soot to dirty it up. Afterwards hit the whole thing with some Testors Dul-Cote to secure everything. As to the green stripes because the paint was thinned so much it acts more as a dye, which makes the sweater look natural. It completely changes the look of the figure...and now it looks like the way Sideshow should have made him.

25b2fb1d3dc33f9b2dbb51fae9830140.jpg
af9955de5cc4ecf9caaf8804e0e3bf6f.jpg
38756f9b82070543059982468c94cb95.jpg
cdc5d1e1d34f7350ee482df304a2e54d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back