1/6 speeder bike repaint, koto bash biker scout and dio.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys i'm stunned by the work you guys have done! Great thread Cbob. Question: Is the Speeder Bike just the Hasbro one ive seen kicking around ebay for 30/40 quid? Also whats the best recommendation for a Biker Scout kit bash? Think its my turn next! Cheers
Nash

Yeah its just the hasbro 1/6 bike. The hasbro biker scout is the 1 most people are bashing but they are quite pricey to buy nowadays. I used a kotobukiya vinyl statue for mine. Dorgmal snow is selling biker scout armour kits and vivisect is doing the cummberbunds so thats an easier route. Sideshow will eventually be doing biker scouts but when i dunno :dunno

See what you've started Crimsonbob ? " Biker Scout is the new Clonetrooper ". :rotfl
Sorry for hijacking the thread , but yes that's the Hasbro Bike and it's a bloody cracker ! And I'll let Bob tell you about Mr Snows latest endeavour . Take it away Crimsonbob .:clap

Doh ! Too slow .:rotfl

Cheers mate:hi5: Right time for a late night shop @ ebay me thinks! :)
This set has grown on me big time

See what you've started Crimsonbob ? " Biker Scout is the new Clonetrooper ". :rotfl
Sorry for hijacking the thread , but yes that's the Hasbro Bike and it's a bloody cracker ! And I'll let Bob tell you about Mr Snows latest endeavour . Take it away Crimsonbob .:clap

Doh ! Too slow .:rotfl

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

I do hope sideshow gets back on track with OT armoured figs im done with clones now and tbh OT is my main interest.

Hey guys i'm stunned by the work you guys have done! Great thread Cbob. Question: Is the Speeder Bike just the Hasbro one ive seen kicking around ebay for 30/40 quid? Also whats the best recommendation for a Biker Scout kit bash? Think its my turn next! Cheers
Nash

Yeah its just the hasbro 1/6 bike. The hasbro biker scout is the 1 most people are bashing but they are quite pricey to buy nowadays. I used a kotobukiya vinyl statue for mine. Dorgmal snow is selling biker scout armour kits and vivisect is doing the cummberbunds so thats an easier route. Sideshow will eventually be doing biker scouts but when i dunno :dunno

I will be doing another batch of Scout cummerbund and pouches in a about 2 weeks, and will be throwing in body suits, neck cover, and leather ankle holsters cheap for people that get the armor sets. So that shouldn't leave much to get after that to finish a scout.

Can you put me down for a set ?

To make things easier its better if people send me PM's about wanting stuff just so there's less of a chance I will miss it. Just don't want people to be irritated later that i didn't have them on a list for something because i missed a post, that's all.:horror

But thundergod, I do got you on the list now, so no worries. :)

I will probably start a new thread when i get started on the batch, because that will likely be the last batch of scout stuff i do for quite a while and I will want to make sure every one is aware of that because I want to get started on some Jedi gear because I need some for myself and a lot more people are interested in that over the scout stuff, and that list keeps growing like crazy.:horror

P1080605.jpg

What rifle is that? i need one of those!

Its an MG 42 machine gun, re purposed as a bad ass sniper rifle from a galaxy far, far away. :rock

They used a lot of WWII-Korean war stuff for Star Wars props, the Hasbro 12" Dengar, Ig88, and 4-Lom all come with one, but not as nice as the one he used, the Hasbro's are a little bulky looking. Nice ones are easy to get from Dragon and such. Actually you can still pick up blister packs of 2 by 21st Century Toys on eBay for about $10, and they are quite good quality especially if you are going to paint them anyway.

Last edited:
It's actually an MG 34 , not 42 . The MG 42 was the one with the bulkier barrel . Star Wars utilised both and this caused confusion , especially with Dengar who was photographed with both . ( I'll take off my anorak now , it's very warm in here !) :lol

P.S , the sight is a modern addition , I've done the same with one I used for a Stormtrooper .

It's actually an MG 34 , not 42 . The MG 42 was the one with the bulkier barrel . Star Wars utilised both and this caused confusion , especially with Dengar who was photographed with both . ( I'll take off my anorak now , it's very warm in here !) :lol

P.S , the sight is a modern addition , I've done the same with one I used for a Stormtrooper .

Close enough :nana: ....Ok, mabee not. :)

The scope is a great addition, its cool how if you have never seen one of these guns before you could easily think it was a made up scifi sniper rifle, Or even just the way they are with out modding them they could pass for made up props.

I would like to find a 1/6 mg 42 with the squared off cooling thing over the barrel, but all I ever run across are the round barrel versions.

It's difficult to find a 42 ,(Dragon did do one but they're as rare as the proverbial now) I was after one for ages for my Dengar . You can get them in die-cast ( the companies name escapes me ) but they're quite expensive . And you , Dorgmal Snow , pot - kettle - black ! :nana:

A little off topic, but has anyone here actually held a real MG-34? Those things are heavy as hell! I can't imagine having to run around in warfare carrying one of those, which is why I suppose they had teams of two with them, one to carry the gun, the other to carry the ammo!

Yea, there is an army surplus store I go to that has a lot of the stuff on display and it all weighs a ton, imagine doing a 10 mile hike in basic training carrying one of those things. :lol

Back