1/6 speeder bike repaint, koto bash biker scout and dio.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take inspiration for my dude!

picture.php

After getting some nice gloves off dorgs and the uber cummberbund off vivisect i thought it was time my biker scout get a redo onto a TT slim, a respray, and a new bodysuit.

P1010367.jpg

P1010370.jpg

P1010371.jpg

P1010372.jpg

P1010374.jpg

P1010380.jpg

Last edited:
Great work on ALL the Scouts and Speeders ( the little 'un's a cracker too). This figure has been one of my "grails" for a number of years and now that I have a Speeder on the way , I'm going to have to really try to hunt one down .

Very nice Crimsonbob. Your work here looks very professional! :)

Random question, but where did you get the fake plants and stuff to make the base in your first pics?

Thanks a lot man. Will come in handy for a Predator dio. Again, really nice job with the repaint and the scout. You must be proud with how it turned out. :)

Yeah im happy with it and tbh it didnt take that long to do. Oh if you get the aquarium plants get the 12" ones as their nice and big.

Hey Bob , sounds a daft question , but what colour did you use on your Speeder ? The actual colour of the studio miniatures was brown , though they showed up green on screen ! This , added to my slight green/brown colour blindness, makes it tricky for me to match a good colour !! ( 99% of the time I have no problem with green/brown discrimination , but the Speeder Bike's colour falls in that 1% that I do have trouble with ! The "Aliens" Marine Pulse Rifle is another example ).:gah:
001-12.jpg

( With thanks to bidufarewell for sorting me out with the Speeder !)

Well i primed the whole thing black then i done several washes of dark brown/black and then a wash of a green/brown/black at the end. I also had difficulty with the ratio but if you use mostly brown with a smidge of green you cant go wrong.

Cheers Bob ,that's pretty much what I planned to do , I just wondered if there was a "straight -from-the-can " colour that'd save me the time/effort of all the boring paint mixing malarkey !:lol
As for the Speeder itself , when mine arrived today , it was the very first time I'd laid eyes on one "in the flesh " and I'm really surprised how good it is . It must be the best Star Wars item Hasbro released in 1/6 . The scale , proportions and general detail are pretty damn spot on and I can't wait to get stuck in painting it up .:yess:
004-10.jpg

Yeah they are nice i love mine. Neyo looks great :wink1:

When i painted mine i just mixed em up got a big ass brush painted it all then buggered off and left it for 20mins, then came back and gave it another bash. the longest bit was repainting the metal parts and adding scratches etc. It took me a day to do the bike (being lazy) and about 5hrs to do the base.

The base looks great Bob , if the Mrs allows me the display space , I'd like to do something along those lines myself .

Its pretty easy to do, i used an old chipboard shelf and took a chisel to the corners. The bits i knocked off i turned upside down and glued em back on to give it mounds. I sprayed the whole thing black then painted it brown and green etc. Added some games workshop grass here and there. Made a few bike supports from metal garden plant holder rods. A few aquarium plants and figure twisties round the rods. A bit more paint a few more plants, stones etc and it was done :peace

Back